PDA

View Full Version : TomTom One

Sheilz
4th April 2006, 06:37 AM
Saturday my third T.T.1 died on me. Bought the first one at the beginning of December. Got to the stage where I'm almost at the point of exchanging phone numbers with the chap at the Carphone Warehouse! Manager was pretty decent and is giving me a 300 for replacement. Have never heard of anyone having bother with these things before. For a bit thought it might be something about the car but gizmo charging just not doing anything. Dont know if there is much difference between the two models and truthfully cannna be bothered looking up the website to find out!(Lazy or what?!)

duncan
4th April 2006, 07:53 AM
I know of someone who had 2 Tom Tom Ones that died, and he ended up getting a refund.
Still, could be coincidence, rather than a trend.

Mark R
4th April 2006, 08:04 AM
Can I ask you, what are the maps like on the Tom Tom? I've got a Garmin i3 StreetPilot and it's find features for fuel and places to eat aren't very good. I went to get fuel once and it looked like the place had closed down years back. Maps were supposed to have just been updated in January. It also claims that the nearest Pizza Hut is in Dundee and I know there are at least 4 or 5 in Edinburgh.

Sheilz
7th April 2006, 06:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I know of someone who had 2 Tom Tom Ones that died, and he ended up getting a refund.
Still, could be coincidence, rather than a trend.

I've only tried the maps out in Aberdeen and found them to be very good. The points of interest are varied and would appear to be up to date. I paid for the speed cameras but wasnt able to download them to the 2nd and subsequent tomtoms. The website is very detailed but trying to contact tomtom themselves is difficult since links put you round in circles. I get the distinct impression that they do not like people contacting them. As far as I can make out the only way to have one to one contact is to phone Amsterdam. Not the handiest! I went to see about getting rid of the road angel and tomtom to get the new combined road angel but was advised by the sales man that it wouldnt be a good move since the speed camera element on the combined machine only works if a destination is identified. For myself that would be a bit of a pain since Im out and about a lot but dont always need the satnav element. Havent got my TT300 yet but hope it lasts longer than the first. The readiness of the manager to give me a more expensive model would suggest that perhaps there is a known flaw in these things. If this one pops then I will ask for an even more expensive model - then flog it!
:D:D:D

X30YES
7th April 2006, 05:15 PM
must be one hell of a noise with all the tom tom's going at once :D:D:D

Sheilz
8th April 2006, 05:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

must be one hell of a noise with all the tom tom's going at once :D:D:D

:D:D:D