PDA

View Full Version : BMW Z4 M Roadster

Scottie
4th April 2006, 05:59 AM
I was sitting in a nice blue Z4 M Roadster on Saturday and again on Sunday.:cool::cool: No Test Drive.

I so like this car but the Price:(:( The steering wheel is to die
for:)

h'mmm don't know.

Cool car or not.??? what do you reckon??

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 07:05 AM
Not, I don't like it especially for the money :(

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 07:12 AM
Depending on what engines under the bonnet alternatives include New MX5 (Cheapo Z4), S2000, Porsche Boxster, SLK all of which, IMO, are a better way to spend your money :D

markyc
4th April 2006, 08:34 AM
Just got the Spring BMW mag delivered and they've got a feature on the new Z4 and Z4 M. I must say they look beautiful in the mag (then again it would) but I would have to see it in the metal :question: Oh and the price :eek::eek::question::)

euan
4th April 2006, 04:58 PM
I agree with all these comments. They do look great in the BMW mag, and I bet they are cracking to drive, but the M cars are SO expensive!!

I love the look of the coupe, but it's over 40K! You can buy a Boxter S for the same money.

Mini Martyn
4th April 2006, 05:06 PM
I think we should start our own Top Gear "Cool Wall"!! :D

GAJ
4th April 2006, 05:17 PM
Go for it!;)

Gismo
4th April 2006, 05:36 PM
You only live once, if you can afford etc do as Gaj says, go for it :)

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 05:42 PM
For the money you could get an A4 4.2 V8 S4 Convertible or a Porgy Cayman both cooler than the Z4.

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

You only live once,

You do :question: Bugger I thought this was just a practice run :D

Gismo
4th April 2006, 05:46 PM
The Z4 M wouldn't be the car I would get either, but, it's not my choice, there are better cars out there for me, but, it's Fi's choice :p

Burple
4th April 2006, 05:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

For the money you could get an A4 4.2 V8 S4 Convertible or a Porgy Cayman both cooler than the Z4.

Saw a Cayman in Dundee last weekend.. That's a seriously nice looking car!!! :cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 05:55 PM
What about an M3 :question: Or are they a bit common :blackeye::eek:;)

Scottie
4th April 2006, 06:16 PM
Had a test drive in the new MX5 on Sunday was really good and loads of fun.

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Had a test drive in the new MX5 on Sunday was really good and loads of fun.

Mine was lots of fun this morning on the ice rink they call the A947. :blackeye::p;)

euan
4th April 2006, 08:08 PM
I saw a Caymen at Hethrow the other week (somewhat overshadowed by the DB9 parked next to it in jet black - droool) and was surprised at how good it looked. On paper I don't like it, but in the flesh, it looks SO much better.

As for an A4 cab - very different cars. I think the Z4 M will be a purer driving car. BMW M cars are usually pretty sorted, they can't afford to offer up a dull drivers car as an M car (hence no Z3 M car - took the batmobile before they did one). As a drivers car, on the right road and the right time, it would be sensational and you'd never regret it. For me, spending that kind of money, I'd want a drop top to go with the noise. At the end of the day, I'd spend more time with the roof down doing 20mph in traffic than 100mph with the little bit of extra power over the 3.0.

When you compare the M to the 3.0 sport - just under 10K more money, and not a huge amount more performance in the figues (40-75 in 4th is only .2 faster in the M car).

I know where I'd spend my cash...

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 08:41 PM
Ewan, they did do an Z3M both in roadster and coupe.

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 08:51 PM
How about

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/motor_show/frankfurt/review/alfa_romeo/brera/208.jpg
http://www.mot.sk/Obrazke/Automobily/Alfa_Romeo/Alfa_Romeo_Brera_2.jpg

OK not a convertible but very yummy!

Scottie
4th April 2006, 09:10 PM
I did wonder about the Alfa but always feel the front is wasted once you put a number plate on.:(

euan
4th April 2006, 09:16 PM

Ewan, they did do an Z3M both in roadster and coupe.

If that was to me, you spelt my name wrong....

And I know they do both, just don't think I made it clear.

euan
4th April 2006, 09:18 PM
I love the look of the Brera, it's gorgeous, but I wouldn't buy one until i was convinced they'd built them properly.

markyc
4th April 2006, 09:22 PM
The Brera is simply STUNNING :approve::D but there is always a 'not to sure' with Alfa's although their cars are some of the best looking on the road :approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::D

ianking
4th April 2006, 11:54 PM
The Alpha is nice but as soon as it leaves the Showroom it will half in value. Then the next day it is liable to break.

zimbo
5th April 2006, 12:12 AM
Menzies have a blue Z4M in the showroom... :p oh and a nice blue M6:p:p:p (serious drool)

Scottie
5th April 2006, 12:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Menzies have a blue Z4M in the showroom... :p oh and a nice blue M6:p:p:p (serious drool)

so have Calterdon :cool:

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan
If that was to me, you spelt my name wrong....
And I know they do both, just don't think I made it clear.

Sorry it was, force of habit there's a Ewan at work.

Gismo
5th April 2006, 05:57 PM
How about the RS4 :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2006, 12:05 AM

How about the RS4 :approve:

I agree.:D:approve::D

The Dogfather
6th April 2006, 02:15 AM
RS4 :question: £46k isn't it?

Gismo
6th April 2006, 03:18 AM
Yeah :evil: so :p like whatever :cool::D Go Fi Go Fi

Scottie
6th April 2006, 05:53 AM

Yeah :evil: so :p like whatever :cool::D Go Fi Go Fi

same price as the Z4 M @ Calterdon but I would have to sell two cars to afford one at 46K. H'mmmm ;)