PDA

View Full Version : Borders Spring Run :: 6th April

Monsta Mo Mini
12th March 2003, 09:55 PM
Just in case you've stumbled into this forum and are not aware of it, there is to be a MINI Run through the Borders on the 6th April. For more details and a link to the MINI2 forum please go to the Borders Run page in Events on the main site.

When you register, i'd be most grateful if you could state how many passengers you will have.

Monsta Mo Mini
12th March 2003, 10:07 PM
The list of those registered so far is:

Montsa Mo Mini +1
Zoooooom +3
Bonnie Scotland
Ken L
Willie M
Linda M
Rob Lightbody
DinkaDonka (WEY AYE MAN!)
Bod
Shoppie
Ally Boy
Trixie01
Double M
Morris
Julz
Rob - Julz's boyfriend (in his 911)
3GGG
Kev'sCoop
Dietbruking
Mini Martyn
GAJ +1
Perpetual Mini
AH1980
Wul (maybe)

Monsta Mo Mini
17th March 2003, 06:12 PM
The Borders Run Itinery

10.30-11.00am meet at the Big W carpark, Harry Lauder Road, Edinburgh. as the name suggests this is a large Woolworths. There is also a Burger King and toilets for anyone wishing to use these facilities.

11.00am depart in convoy out the A1 for a few miles where we'll turn off at Tranent, throught the town and on out to Pencaitland and Gifford. The first stop will be down the side of the park in Gifford where there is a public loo for those who had too much coke at the Burger King.

We then head out over the Lammermuir Hills to Duns via Whitadder. 22 miles and probably several pheasants later we will arrive in Duns where we will stop in the High Street outside the Jim Clarke Museum.

From here there is the amphibious section of the run round the Langton Stage of the Jim Clarke Rally before returning to the main road to Greenlaw. Another 8 miles over the hill should see us arrive in Kelso at around 1pm where we will stop for lunch at the Cross Keys Hotel in the square.

After lunch, we're aiming to leave at about 2.30pm. It'll be up the Tweed valley through St Boswells, Melrose and onto Galashiels where there is another brief regrouping stop in the car park on the main street. We then head out the A72 to Clovenfords, Innerleithen and into Peebles where once again there will be a brief regrouping stop. Then onto the final leg of the run to the Hillend Ski centre car park to say our goodbyes. This is just off the city bypass for easy access to all other routes. This should be around 4-4.30pm. Total length of the run is 115miles.

Full details will be published on the Newminiscotland Borders Run page along with maps, downloadable directions, menus and guidlines.

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2003, 06:56 AM
The Borders web page is now active with downloadable directions and maps. The lunch menu is also there so all you veggies and those bringing kids will have to let me know if they require anything different. More detailed maps and directions on how to get to BIG W will follow shortly.

john
20th March 2003, 07:19 AM
will we have time to go into the memorial rooms?

Monsta Mo Mini
20th March 2003, 05:58 PM
They were all closed up when Willie and I went through on Sunday but I'm hoping they will be.:D

sh@z
24th March 2003, 02:49 AM
count me in guys :D

Wul
24th March 2003, 06:01 PM
Sorry folks - as suspected i'm down in Preston over the next two weekends so cannae make the Borders run - :-(

Was really hoping to make this one too. Ach well can't wait for the action pics of minis stuck in a Ford! Only kidding!

Have a great time, and plenty pics on MINI2 please.

Wul

PS: BTW a word of warning - was at BigW this weekend - there is a double set of nasty speed bumps on the entry to the car park there - the rubber bolt into the ground type, they are about 10m apart - proceed with caution!

Julz
25th March 2003, 06:13 AM
Okay, and how about the convoy down? I take it the furry boot folk will be travelling in a heap. We (if Herbie gets his power steering sorted, 2 foot thick tyres make steering very heavy when it doesn't work!) can meet up anywhere between blair, dundee or perth, depending on the furry boots, if they decide to short cut it past Glamis! So, who's deciding then?:)
p.s, rob found a picture in his porsche mag. of a run down south somewhere, with a guest car, which of course was a MINI!!:cool:

Gismo
25th March 2003, 09:36 PM
Julz,
We normally congregate at the KFC on the kingsway in Dundee then head off down the A90 etc, is it too far for you to go that way. If it is there must be a suitable meeting point further down the road where we can pick you up :) Say at the Horn!

Bonnie Scottand

Julz
26th March 2003, 04:06 AM
Now Alan, the coments I could make about that! KFC would probably be best cause there's nowhere near Perth really, so all I need is a time and at least BabyB will be there, still pricing parts for Herbie and we seem to be at about £300+Vat for the part, then there's the labour!!:dead::dead:

Monsta Mo Mini
28th March 2003, 06:07 PM
Just wanting to make sure...

DOES EVERYONE KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE BIG W?

If you are coming from the north or west, head round the Edinburgh City Bypass and turn left where it joins the A1. Turn right at the first roundabout you come to (at DFS) and you're there.

Everyone else - it's the first roundabout you come to when approaching Edinburgh on the A1.

Gaj + Lady G
Willie M
Linda M
John/Susan/Terri/Nikki
Ant + Kelly
Monsta Mo Mini + Shirls
Julz + Rob
3GGG + Pat
Rob Lightbody
Bonnie Scotland + 1 (Aye, i do have one mate)
Perpetual Mini + 1
KenL + ?
KJ_daGreenMini +2
Sh@z
Mini Martyn
Satelite + ?
Morris (maybe join halfway)

Still to confirm:
Bod
Ally Boy
Trixie01
Brian (if he's got wheels)

Look forward to seeing you all. Could all those yet to confirm no. of passengers please let me know by Thursday.

Gismo
28th March 2003, 07:53 PM
Meeting time for the KFC in dundee, 9am, leave about 9.15 for the convoy to edinburgh??

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
28th March 2003, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Meeting time for the KFC in dundee, 9am, leave about 9.15 for the convoy to edinburgh??
If you think for a minute that I'm going to drive all the way to Dundee just to get to Edinburgh then you've got someth.....

Oh. Right. I see. :I ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
29th March 2003, 04:37 AM
***IMPORTANT***

The hotel will need to know what everyone wants on the morning of the run so if you could please make a selection from the menu below and let me know what your requirements are BEFORE next Sunday.

CROSS KEYS LUNCH MENU

Lunch Menu One

Fruit Juices

Home made Soup of the Day

Fried Haddock and Chips
Homemade Steak Pie
Cold Meat and Salad

Ice Cream

Coffee (Optional - 80p)

£7.80 per person

A vegetarian option and a kid's menu are available on request.

cheers

Calum

Gismo
29th March 2003, 08:13 PM
I have posted my food requirements on the MINI2 site :)

Just in case you missed me out :p

Bonnie Scotland

sh@z
30th March 2003, 06:42 AM
me also :D

cant wait for it :D

Willie M
1st April 2003, 04:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

(if Herbie gets his power steering sorted)
Any news on Herbie :question:

Looking forward to this Sunday's run, it's gonna be a cracker :cool:
One or two nice little showers last night too, looks like someone's filling the Ford up for us. Eh Monsta ;)

Julz
2nd April 2003, 05:51 AM
Well Willie, Herbie is still a bit unwell. Still not found out if it's the rack or the pump that's gone, but Rob says once it's going, it's fine, just parking that's a problem, so I think he should be there!!:cool::D

Willie M
2nd April 2003, 04:42 PM
Hope to see Rob and Herbie on Sunday. Stouffer's promised to give him a tow if he gets into any difficulties :D

Gismo
2nd April 2003, 06:14 PM
Once had the pleasure of seeing a porche being towed by a Lada into Brechin :I

Anyone carrying a tow rope in their car :question:

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
2nd April 2003, 10:49 PM
Good and bad news, i won't be at the KFC in dundee on sunday for the convoy, but i will be at the meeting point in Edinburgh :D
I'll leave it up to you lot to decide which is the good news ;)

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
3rd April 2003, 02:22 AM
i'll try and be at KFC on sunday, i'll let you know sooner the time :)

Julz
3rd April 2003, 06:56 AM
Herbie is feeling a little upset now! :disapprove: He won't need towed, just straight roads and no car parks!!:cool::D

Linda M
4th April 2003, 01:16 AM
Calum, have you got a final count of how many cars are supposed to be coming ?

minidriver#1
4th April 2003, 01:53 AM
i've not said what food i'm going for :| can i have everything?

Monsta Mo Mini
4th April 2003, 06:12 AM
The Final List ???

Gaj + Lady G (Food ordered)
Willie M + Linda M (Food ordered)
John/Susan/Terri/Nikki
Ant + Kelly (Food ordered)
Monsta Mo Mini + Shirls (Food ordered)
Julz + Rob (Food ordered)
3GGG + Pat (Food ordered)
Rob Lightbody
Bonnie Scotland + 1 (Food ordered)
Perpetual Mini + 1 (Food ordered)
KenL + ? (Food ordered)
KJ_daGreenMini +2
Sh@z (Food ordered)
Mini Martyn
Satelite (Food ordered)
Morris (may join at Kelso)

Zooooom, KJ_da GreenMini, Mini Martyn and Rob - can you let me know what you want off the menu (if anything) before Saturday.

There are two contact numbers for the day just incase anyone gets lost.

My mobile is 07712 765216
Willie M's is 07977 280960

cheers

Calum

Wul
4th April 2003, 06:44 PM
Hey folks!

Have a great time on Sunday - and watch out for those white vans at the side of the road WillieM!:evil:

No getting stuck in the Ford now!:I

Look forward to the pics on Monday:D

Rodney

KenL
4th April 2003, 07:58 PM
KenL here - no co-pilot coming so just me.

Looking foward to it.

Linda M
4th April 2003, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Ken :)

Monsta Mo Mini
5th April 2003, 08:47 PM
The Final Final List

Gaj + Lady G (Food ordered)
Willie M + Linda M (Food ordered)
John/Susan/Terri/Nikki
Ant + Kelly (Food ordered)
Monsta Mo Mini + Shirls (Food ordered)
Julz + Rob (Food ordered)
3GGG + Pat (Food ordered)
Bonnie Scotland + 1 (Food ordered)
Perpetual Mini + 1 (Food ordered)
KenL + ? (Food ordered)
KJ_daGreenMini +2
Sh@z (Food ordered)
Mini Martyn
Satelite (Food ordered)
Morris (may join at Kelso)

STOP PRESS:
Alistair Finlay is joining us too!

Food orders will close at 6pm this evening.

See you all tomorrow

cheers

Calum

minidriver#1
6th April 2003, 03:35 AM
aww ****. i just sent the email.... 35 minutes late :(

Monsta Mo Mini
6th April 2003, 05:20 AM
KJ - your order is in - see ya themurra;)

minidriver#1
6th April 2003, 06:26 AM
yuss! my dad is comin, its to help him understand. hahaha.

minidriver#1
6th April 2003, 06:34 AM
i take it dundee folks are still meeting at 9am at KFC tomorrow. c u there.

minidriver#1
6th April 2003, 08:18 PM
thats me just able to get out of bed. I've had a migraine since last night and my eye sight is still blurry. i'm majorly upset about missing this run, would have been my first and i would have got to meet everyone finally :( Sorry i couldnt make it and if i owe money from missing lunch, i'll be sure to get it to you.

Hope to see loads of pics and stories. Hope you all have a great day! :)

sorry.

Monsta Mo Mini
7th April 2003, 02:17 AM
Sorry you weren't feeling up to it KJ. There were a few others with blurry vision but it was self inflicted.

We had a fantastic day and enjoyed all 115 miles - Satelite enjoyed the extra 50 he did aswell (that's another story):D The ford which we thought would be dry had a very healthy flow which might expiain why I must be the first person ever to come back from a MINI run with trenchfoot.

Pics and video of MINIs learning to swim coming soon. There were two lonely lunches left sitting but we didn't get charged for then so no worries.

Linda M
7th April 2003, 03:08 AM
Another MINI adventure ends !! Pics are now up on MINI2 thread.

Great day out and nice to meet so many new faces.
Highlights of the day:

As we were waiting to meet up with David (Perpetual) there was a classic incident when 2 young lads in a VW Corrado came round the roundabout rubber necking. The next thing they were up on the verge and it was a mad panic to get back on the road :D

Duncan gave us loads of entertainment with his tales of his 'own' special MINI adventures 'outwith' the main run :D:D:D

Just before Traquair there were 4 young laddies sitting on a couch right at the side of the road :eek::clown:

Zoooooom's special HORN gave us all amusement :cool:

duncan
7th April 2003, 03:30 AM
Well, just back.

All 260 miles.

Including "Options" to the main run.:I:D

Great day out - as usual.

Thanks especially to those who organised, for the choice of route, and their "Shepherding skills" in rounding up lost Minis!

Cheers,

Duncan

Monsta Mo Mini
7th April 2003, 04:15 AM
A movie of the wet bit is online...:D:D

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/borders_2.html

sh@z
7th April 2003, 04:18 AM
Superb run guys

Thanks a lot :D

minidriver#1
7th April 2003, 04:29 AM
aww class! that looks wicked bad like. some of you went for it, others were a bit pansy :P the weather looked like it held out quite well too :) Good pics too. i saw em on mini 2

KenL
7th April 2003, 05:14 AM
Had a great time today, thanks to the organisers.

Experienced great roads, scenery and enough deid rabbits to last a lifetime.

Nice to meet you all and see soooooooooo many nice MINIs.

Hopefully be able to make another run in the future.

Best Wishes,
Ken.

Julz
7th April 2003, 05:14 AM
Cheers everyone for contributing to a great day! Special thanks to satelite for letting me see parts of the countryside I would possibly never see otherwise!!:cool:

sh@z
7th April 2003, 05:39 AM
yeah people did try to soak calum :)

got him a bit tho hehe..

Fontal
7th April 2003, 05:53 PM
Looks like you all had a good time on the run, The video is class Gerry (Nice new car by the way:) )and Johns Cars Sounded awsome (now I know what mine sounds like :):) ) I realy have to get down to the next one and have some fun.
How many cars was there in total certianly more than the first Scotish run?

One very jelous Richard

Gismo
7th April 2003, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda MZoooooom's special HORN gave us all amusement :cool:I believe Zoooooom's special horn gives his wife some amusement as well :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
7th April 2003, 08:13 PM
There goes the tone again ;)

sh@z
8th April 2003, 02:19 AM

quote:Originally posted by Linda MZoooooom's special HORN gave us all amusement :cool:I believe Zoooooom's special horn gives his wife some amusement as well :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

hahahah :p

I want a horn like that also :D

Linda M
8th April 2003, 05:01 AM
I believe Zoooooom's special horn gives his wife some amusement as well :evil:;)

Tell me MORE :evil:
It's been very quiet with Zoooooom being away for a few days :D

john
8th April 2003, 06:22 AM
Glad I was missed!!!!!

I'm here now:D

sh@z
8th April 2003, 07:23 AM
of course mate :)

how did the rest of your trip go? :D

john
8th April 2003, 05:51 PM
Had a great time,used a tank of fuel to get from Aberdeen to the caravan,another tank to get to the start at Edinburgh,half a tank to do the run and the other half to get back to the caravan and another tank to get to Aberdeen:I

Had a great run even if susan was nipping at me about not slowing for corners etc etc..but I was not going fast so just thought I would liven things up a bit:D

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and behaved themselves too.

I will tell Brian it was crap so that he does not feel so bad about missing it then when he gets his new car I will tell him the truth cos by that time we wont care:D

Linda M
8th April 2003, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Glad I was missed!!!!!
He's back :p

Fontal
8th April 2003, 08:37 PM
Now thats a thirsty cooper ;)

Wul
8th April 2003, 09:24 PM
I'm glad to see you all made it back from the ravaging waters of the Scottish Borders in one piece!

(except MMM - a little damp!?)

Great pics/ vids guys - keep em coming!

Monsta Mo Mini
9th April 2003, 09:03 PM
Right folks here they are....

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/splash/thumbs/index.htm

Fontal
9th April 2003, 09:11 PM
Some very nice pics there guys and gals looks like some of you realy went for it ;)

Richard

duncan
10th April 2003, 01:29 AM
Aww, mine looks pretty wussy. Can I have another go?

Linda M
10th April 2003, 03:14 AM
I think your pic is good Duncan but I'm sure you'd have no problem finding the ford again for another go :evil::D:D

Julz
10th April 2003, 04:39 AM
Hee hee Linda.

Okay peeps, cause I'm to useless to figure out how to provide a link, have a neb at www.koolart.co.uk (did it work??) and under the bmw cars, on the 4th page you'll find a carrrrricature of a mini or two which can go on mugs, t-shirts etc., or for £2, you get the piccie e-mailed! Mines on order. Unfortunately though Linda, personal ones cost £99, but I suppose, you'll get it done anyway!!:D:D:I

sh@z
10th April 2003, 05:30 AM
thats pretty cool :)

Julz
11th April 2003, 01:47 AM
I just got an e-mail back from koolart who say the image is too new to download, but you can get it sent!:evil:

Willie M
11th April 2003, 04:20 PM
Posted a link to the Borders 'splash' pictures on the Metroplexmini forum to let our Texan cousins see what we get up to of a weekend.

You'll find the thread here http://www.metroplexmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2661#2661

Those of you who haven't already, may have to register first.

Monsta Mo Mini
11th April 2003, 08:41 PM
Still to add some piccys but the report for the run is now up on the main site.

Julz
12th April 2003, 04:47 AM
Well done Calum, good write up!! How did I get quote of the day? (it was a monkey, i'm sure of it!).
I meant to say before, congratulations and thanks to Shirls for creating a fantastic wee film for all of us to enjoy!!;):D

Linda M
12th April 2003, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

(it was a monkey, i'm sure of it!).
Julz, I never laughed SOOOO much when I saw your 'monkey' quote :D:D:D:D

GAJ
15th April 2003, 04:29 AM
Just got round to reading the write-up Calum, superb! I don't think I am ever going to be allowed to forget soaking you - apart from anything else, the scraped rims remind me every time I look at the wheels.

Monsta Mo Mini
15th April 2003, 04:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Just got round to reading the write-up Calum, superb! I don't think I am ever going to be allowed to forget soaking you - apart from anything else, the scraped rims remind me every time I look at the wheels.

You got that right matey!;):D

GAJ
16th April 2003, 07:26 AM
Calum, keep your ears cocked - you will probably hear me coming now that the Viper is fitted!