PDA

View Full Version : Heart Of The Borders - Sun 27th August 2006

Pages : [1] 2

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 01:55 AM
http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/hoblogo2006.jpg
We organised this run around the Scottish Borders last September and we've decided to repeat it again this year. Click here for last years run thread. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4055)

Date: Sunday 27th August.

Route: Very similar to last years, but with a different lunch location and probably extended to include the wheel splash near Duns. Starting in Selkirk, out the Yarrow valley, across to the Ettrick valley, up to Innerleithen, down to Clovenfords, up to stow, across to Lauder, down to Galashiels, Out to Kelso, then over to Duns and finishing in Lauder. Route notes will be available for download soon.

Roads: A wide variety of roads from single track "mountain pass" roads, to B class and some A class roads.

Lunch: We will be parking in Galashiels High Street car park at lunch time. In Gala town centre there are a number of good quality eateries to choose from including a J.D.Wetherspoon's free house, so feel free to choose your own lunch venue or take a picnic.:D

Update: Thursday 3rd August: Recce of full route now carried out and we are happy to extend the run numbers to include the reserves.:D Any more peeps wishing to join from now on would, however be put on another reserves list.

Download Run Notes Here (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/borders-27-08-2006.pdf)

1. AndyP & Lenore
2. Neil & Lorna
3. Jason, Lesley & Kerr (no longer the spewmonster - redeemed himself on Craig's run) ;)
4. ScottieCoop
5. Minimad
6. Ian King
7. Gordons_cooper_wrks
8. MarkyC
9. CraigD & Jude
10. Duncan & Helen
11. Crombers
12. Weefossy
13. Gill, & Dad - who we need to convince to buy a MINI!
14. Sara & Craig
15. Jayex + 1
16. W14RCO (Angel-Mini's Better half)
17. Sarah Munro (Ian Kings better half;))
18. Sweeney
19. tree73
20. X30YES - Angus
21. Angel-Mini
22. Stone
23. Johnsop + 1
24. Indigomatt
25. Sedgie
26. Ewan & Jamie - in a rented S Convertable!:D

Status: Run currently full:eek:. But there are always "drop-outs" so if anyone else is interested we can still put your name on the reserves list.:D

Reserves:
1. Vidal Buffoon

N12 JLK
4th April 2006, 03:26 AM
sounds good put the usual 3 suspects down please!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

sounds good put the usual suspects down please!!!!

Thats you added.:approve:

N12 JLK
4th April 2006, 04:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

sounds good put the usual suspects down please!!!!

Thats you's added.:approve:;)

Scottie
4th April 2006, 04:18 AM
put us down

The Dogfather
4th April 2006, 04:22 AM
I might be off work the following week, perhaps I can make this on the way to Jackie's parents in Newcastle :D

Can I be added as a Non Mini Maybe:question:

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

put us down

quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I might be off work the following week, perhaps I can make this on the way to Jackie's parents in Newcastle :D

Can I be added as a Non Mini Maybe:question:

Thats you both added.:approve:

ianking
4th April 2006, 05:51 AM
Sounds good, I will be there.

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 06:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Sounds good, I will be there.

:approve:

Mark R
4th April 2006, 08:06 AM
Sign me up please.

markyc
4th April 2006, 08:28 AM
Ola Mr and Mrs P :D Last year was FANTASTIC and bloody roastin :approve::clown: I don't know what shift I'll be but put me down anyway ;)

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 08:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mark R

Sign me up please.

Thats you added Mark.:D

quote:Originally posted by markyc

Ola Mr and Mrs P :D Last year was FANTASTIC and bloody roastin :approve::clown: I don't know what shift I'll be but put me down anyway ;)

And another Mark! Hope your shifts work out ok.:p:D:approve:

Craig
4th April 2006, 03:21 PM
ah go on then......

same for me re the shifts, but i've got a nicer boss and can change mine easily...;)

I do hope the weather will not be as good, ma heid got burnt the last time :eek:;):D:approve::approve::approve:

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 03:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

ah go on then......

same for me re the shifts, but i've got a nicer boss and can change mine easily...;)

I do hope the weather will not be as good, ma heid got burnt the last time :eek:;):D:approve::approve::approve:

Thats you added Criag. And as for the sunburn, can I reccomend this....http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/hat.jpg

Yep. You know, I can just see you in that.:D:D

Craig
4th April 2006, 05:57 PM
only if your prepared to let it go for a good price ;)

Duncan Stewart
4th April 2006, 06:22 PM
Oh Yes! :D add Helen and I please. Superb run last year, sure be as good this year :D Although could you arrange for it to be a bit cooler ;), perhaps I could stand close to the water splash :p:eek:

Crombers
4th April 2006, 08:52 PM
<knocks on door>

Mr P it's me Crombers :D

See all these things I've said about you , ALL untrue ;)

<waits patiently for Mr P's reply>

PS same 'pace' notes as last year I hope :approve:

Let me in & I'll let you beat me to Oxford :p

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2006, 10:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

<knocks on door>

Mr P it's me Crombers :D

See all these things I've said about you , ALL untrue ;)

<waits patiently for Mr P's reply>

PS same 'pace' notes as last year I hope :approve:

Let me in & I'll let you beat me to Oxford :p

Sorry mate. You're barred.:dead:

No Kielder Run, no Borders Run.:D;)

Crombers
5th April 2006, 01:18 AM
I see the back door is open , good man :D

PS is your 'Ring Run' this year as well :question::p;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 01:27 AM

I see the back door is open , good man :D

PS is your 'Ring Run' this year as well :question::p;)

I don't know are you offering to organise it:question:;);):)

L

Crombers
5th April 2006, 01:39 AM
& steal your idea , no way mate :p;):D

Craig
5th April 2006, 01:47 AM
:approve:and the glory for organising such an "epic" trip :eek::blackeye:;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 02:14 AM

& steal your idea , no way mate :p;):D

But, we are quite willing to step aside, wouldn't want to deprive you of organising a run that you clearly are desperate to go on.;):D:eek:;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 02:16 AM

:approve:and the glory for organising such an "epic" trip :eek::blackeye:;)

MrD, Stop stirring it;), we are skint now with a new wheel etc to pay:(:mad: for before the Oxford run.:D

L

Crombers
5th April 2006, 02:38 AM
Snigger :) I canny even get to the Falkirk Wheel on Sunday on ma own without some help :clown:

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 03:14 AM
To clarify our situation, and dispel any further "Ring" idea's....

Lenore and I have far too much on to organise a "ring" run this year.

We have an aging dog at home. He's a twelve and a half year old Samoyed. He still has good health and is fairly spritely for his age. We are hoping he will still be around for at least another couple of years. We are off to Florida in June, but that will be the last time we are leaving him with friends/family for anything more than overnight while we jet off anywhere. By the middle of next year he will be thirteen and a half and it simply won't be fair to leave him with anyone. Anticipating nursing duties like we had with his elder brother - sadly no longer with us.

So, sorry if this lets anyone down, we had suggested it would be good to organise a "Nurburgring" run "sometime". But if we did organise a run of this magnitude, the earliest is likely to be 2008.

If any other NMS'r is interested in organising a "Ring" run, you would not be stepping on our toes. Go for it.:D

Craig
5th April 2006, 03:53 AM
Hey Crombers - that was WAY too easy... :p:p;):D

Totally understand you situation, put me and Jude down for the "2008 Ring Run"
:D:D

<runs and hides.........oh and also switches off his phone....>

N12 JLK
5th April 2006, 04:14 AM
Crombers well done for organising this years Ring run , put me and Lesley down;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 04:22 AM

Crombers well done for organising this years Ring run , put me and Lesley down;)

Yeah, well done Crombers.:D;):D

weefossy
5th April 2006, 05:42 AM
Put us down for both the borders and the "Ring Sting" thing.....please

N12 JLK
5th April 2006, 05:45 AM
And hows weefossy these days ,Kerr says hello!;)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Put us down for both the borders and the "Ring Sting" thing.....please

That's you both added for the Borders Run.:D

You'll need to speak to Crombers about the Ring Run.;):D

roadrunner
5th April 2006, 06:21 AM
Fantastic Andy, count me in as well x 2

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by roadrunner

Fantastic Andy, count me in as well x 2

Nae probs, thats you added.:D

L

Crombers
5th April 2006, 06:36 AM

We have an aging dog at home. He's a twelve and a half year old Samoyed. He still has good health and is fairly spritely for his age. We are hoping he will still be around for at least another couple of years. We are off to Florida in June, but that will be the last time we are leaving him with friends/family for anything more than overnight while we jet off anywhere. By the middle of next year he will be thirteen and a half and it simply won't be fair to leave him with anyone. Anticipating nursing duties like we had with his elder brother - sadly no longer with us.

So, sorry if this lets anyone down, we had suggested it would be good to organise a "Nurburgring" run "sometime". But if we did organise a run of this magnitude, the earliest is likely to be 2008.

If any other NMS'r is interested in organising a "Ring" run, you would not be stepping on our toes. Go for it.:D

I was just joshin mate ;). Think you have earned plenty bonus points for all the runs you have previously organised & have currently planned :approve:.
Then again a trip the Nurburgring would be MEGA and would have to be extremely well thought out. Suffice to say it would not be something I (or anybody else) would plan on my/their own , but if anyone fancies joining me on a wee 'Ring' (:eek:) commitee then we could discuss to see if possible :p:D

Neil and Lorna
5th April 2006, 08:11 AM

I was just joshin mate ;). Think you have earned plenty bonus points for all the runs you have previously organised & have currently planned :approve:.
Then again a trip the Nurburgring would be MEGA and would have to be extremely well thought out. Suffice to say it would not be something I (or anybody else) would plan on my/their own , but if anyone fancies joining me on a wee 'Ring' (:eek:) commitee then we could discuss to see if possible :p:D

Allan

I'd be intrested in lending a hand.

Neil.:D:)

AndyP & Lenore
5th April 2006, 08:50 AM
We know you are only joking ;) but it has been a Cr@p day (£600 to fix our R99 :mad::mad:).

Anyway, there you go Crombers your commitee has started.

Well done for volunteering to organise the Ring Run.;):D;);):D:eek:;):blackeye::eek:;):blackeye:

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 03:59 PM
Crombers, I'd help out with a 'Ring' Run but it would have to be 2007 :D

Crombers
5th April 2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks to Neil & Paul for offering to 'comit' with me. 2007 would seem a sensible bet.
We can discuss soon.
Neil , I,ll see you at Oxford.
Paul , when are you next out on a run ?

;)

The Dogfather
5th April 2006, 09:59 PM
Angus Glens in June

Neil and Lorna
6th April 2006, 01:36 AM

Thanks to Neil & Paul for offering to 'comit' with me. 2007 would seem a sensible bet.
We can discuss soon.
Neil , I,ll see you at Oxford.
Paul , when are you next out on a run ?

;)

No Probs Allan

Will have a chat about it sometime during the Oxford trip.:D

Got some ideas and done a wee bit research already.:D:)

Neil.:D:D:D

ELFMAN
6th April 2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry I'll miss this year's Borders Run, I'm leaving for a week on Mull the day before. Have a good one - last year was great.

Crombers
7th April 2006, 04:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

Will have a chat about it sometime during the Oxford trip.:D

Got some ideas and done a wee bit research already.:D:)

Neil.:D:D:D

Good man , that's a good starter for 'bar' chat down Oxford way :approve::)

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2006, 04:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Sorry I'll miss this year's Borders Run, I'm leaving for a week on Mull the day before. Have a good one - last year was great.

No problem Euan.

One question for you though... How does one spend an entire week on Mull and not get bored sh*tless?;)

saraandcraig
7th April 2006, 04:57 AM
Sorry for the delay folks but we will definately be there. Looking forward to it. Borders Run was our first run last year and it's one i wont forget in a hurry. S

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:04 AM

One question for you though... How does one spend an entire week on Mull and not get bored sh*tless?;)

Each to his own ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2006, 05:10 AM

Each to his own ;)

Can't you just tell Crombers has a PC at home now. :D;)

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:33 AM

Can't you just tell Crombers has a PC at home now. :D;)

I,m well active now chief :D;)

(my thanks to helpdesk CraidD :approve:)

ELFMAN
7th April 2006, 05:42 PM
Bored? BORED?? Oh ye of closed minds... The whole point is BREATHING SPACE! Being able to sit on yer own rock on a fanatastic beach, looking over to Jura, bit of accoustic Zeppelin on the CD, bottle of Fraoch and a big cheese roll... a paddle in sea (that's PADDLE, not a 'typo'), not a design or printing deadline in sight... Wee drive down to Fionnphort, ferry to Iona, walk over to the West beaches. A good blether with folks you meet, lunch in the cafe, fail to successfully chat up the girls there (it's traditional, but I live in hope). Back to my Self Catering apartment (same views as the beach) for my tea, or I might go into the hotel itself (Ardachy House Hotel, Uisken - highly recommended!) and spoil myself with a 3-course slap-up and a nice bottle of wine.

Remember, you don't always have to be “doing something”, sometimes the chance to do “nothing” for a week is worth a fortnight of allegedly “interesting” holiday activities.... I've never been bored, sh*tless or otherwise on Mull. I suppose it's all to do with whether you need to be entertained, or can entertain yourself. You either get it or you don't (as the actress said to the Bishop).

Here ends this month's ELF-ILOSOPHY workshop. Inner Peace to you all, brothers and sisters. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the good roads give you the chance to roast the t*ts off the MINI. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to meditate. See you in Nirvana (come as you are), or on the Oxford Run!
OHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... OHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... VROOOM! VROOOOOM! OHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Crombers
7th April 2006, 05:54 PM
Sounds good to me Elfman :approve:

ELFMAN
7th April 2006, 06:17 PM
Yo! Right On, Brutha!

Neil and Lorna
7th April 2006, 07:14 PM
I know were your coming from Euan,heres some pics from our trip up that way in 2004.
The sunset is actualy from Skye over to Lewis.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0093.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0094.jpg

Taken from the small boat which took us over to Staffa.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/DSCF0071.jpg

Neil and Lorna:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2006, 07:46 PM
And I have to admit, Lenore and generally holiday in our caravan. We find a quiet spot with no distractions, we read and generally chill out for the majority of the time.

Not one for a package holiday to Costa Del/we'll-organise-everything-from-where-you-eat-to-where-you-sh*t.;)

ELFMAN
7th April 2006, 11:45 PM
Lovely photos, Neil - I can hear Mendelssohn as I type! Aye, it's all coming out now, eh? Seems I'm not alone after all. As 'Robinson Crusoe' said: “There were people on my Island”. And as Euan said “B*gg*er off, I want some peace & quiet! And you can forget yer 'Man Friday', I'll have 'Girl All Week' if you don't mind!” (cue old Robinson Crusoe TV theme music - bet you're all too young to remember THAT! "White Horses" anybody? "The Double Deckers" no? Oh B*ll*cks. "Banana Splits"? I give up.

Crombers
7th April 2006, 11:49 PM

Lovely photos, Neil - I can hear Mendelssohn as I type! Aye, it's all coming out now, eh? Seems I'm not alone after all. As 'Robinson Crusoe' said: “There were people on my Island”. And as Euan said “B*gg*er off, I want some peace & quiet! And you can forget yer 'Man Friday', I'll have 'Girl All Week' if you don't mind!” (cue old Robinson Crusoe TV theme music - bet you're all too young to remember THAT! "White Horses" anybody? "The Double Deckers" no? Oh B*ll*cks. "Banana Splits"? I give up.

"The Double Deckers" & the "Banana Splits" were my Saturday morning diet when I were a lad :approve:

weefossy
8th April 2006, 05:26 AM
Idiilic, just like the Outer Hebrides, only car on the road - all Sunday.
Listen, what can you hear? Nothing ! The sound of silience. Peace perfect peace.

jayex
8th April 2006, 06:46 PM
This looks like another great run :D maybe even some sunshine :cool:
can you put me +1 down again please :p

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2006, 07:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

This looks like another great run :D maybe even some sunshine :cool:
can you put me +1 down again please :p

Nae probs, that's you both added.:D:D

ELFMAN
10th April 2006, 04:31 AM
Did anybody spot the subtle irony of me seeking 'peace and tranquility' on Mull..... and then disturbing it at high revs? Hmmm. Well, they have the 'Tour of Mull' Rally every year - probably think one of the competitors is doing a Recce.

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2006, 05:20 AM

Did anybody spot the subtle irony of me seeking 'peace and tranquility' on Mull..... and then disturbing it at high revs? Hmmm. Well, they have the 'Tour of Mull' Rally every year - probably think one of the competitors is doing a Recce.

There's nothing "subtle" about a full Play Mini system. :D:D

Sheilz
25th April 2006, 05:42 AM
Us too! (Us being any combo of me/munro/nik/):D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2006, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Us too! (Us being any combo of me/munro/nik/):D:D:D:D

Nae probs, thats you added. Glad to have you on board.:D:D

SarahMunro
26th April 2006, 05:14 AM
Hi, I would like to come along to this with my new mini. Can you please put my name down for it?

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by SarahMunro

Hi, I would like to come along to this with my new mini. Can you please put my name down for it?

Glad to have you on board Sarah.:D Good luck with your new MINI.:D

SarahMunro
27th April 2006, 05:25 AM
Thank you:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 06:26 AM

Thank you:cool:

Any sign of that new MINI yet?

Sweeney
1st May 2006, 06:47 AM
hi, any chance i can be put down as a maybe for this run and i'll confirm nearer the time?

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

hi, any chance i can be put down as a maybe for this run and i'll confirm nearer the time?

No probs, thats you added, would be great if you can make it.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 06:57 AM
Any other mugs;);) takers:question:

The more the merrier.:D:D

SarahMunro
1st May 2006, 06:04 PM
Hi, no sign of the mini yet, need to wait on the womans finance clearing as I don't want her £3000 excess on the car. I'm not bothered today as its raining! Was bothered at the weekend though, it was gorgeous! :cool:

tree73
1st May 2006, 06:06 PM
Hey looks like a good run and a bit of the country i'm pretty cluless about about, can you stick me down too please. Ta

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 07:04 PM

Hi, no sign of the mini yet, need to wait on the womans finance clearing as I don't want her £3000 excess on the car. I'm not bothered today as its raining! Was bothered at the weekend though, it was gorgeous! :cool:

Thats a shame, sure it won't be long now though.:D

Don't forget to post some piccies when you get it.

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by tree73

Hey looks like a good run and a bit of the country i'm pretty cluless about about, can you stick me down too please. Ta

Thats you added.:D:D

tree73
2nd May 2006, 12:31 AM
cheers muchly

Sweeney
12th May 2006, 05:30 AM
you can remove the maybe from me now, no reason i shouldn't be able to make it

AndyP & Lenore
12th May 2006, 06:37 AM

you can remove the maybe from me now, no reason i shouldn't be able to make it

No probs Sweeney, consider it done.:D

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2006, 06:53 PM
Ok folks, only room for 1 more on the run and hen we will start a reserves list, so get your name down quick if you want to come.:D

X30YES
15th May 2006, 07:05 PM
Ok ,I'm onshore at that time :D,I'll take it plz

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2006, 07:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Ok ,I'm onshore at that time :D,I'll take it plz

As requested young sir:D:D:D

minimad
25th May 2006, 07:06 AM
any chance of putting me on reserve for this run ?.still havent been on any runs as yet .:mad::(;):approve::cool:

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2006, 07:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimad

any chance of putting me on reserve for this run ?.still havent been on any runs as yet .:mad::(;):approve::cool:

No probs.:D Have added you to the reserves list.:D

The Dogfather
25th May 2006, 07:22 AM
Andy, it's probably fairer to move me to the reserve list, chances of me going are fairly slim at the moment.

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2006, 07:48 AM

Andy, it's probably fairer to move me to the reserve list, chances of me going are fairly slim at the moment.

Thats a shame :( but thanks for your honesty,:D we shall put you on the reserves list.

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2006, 07:50 AM
Minimad, we shall move you up :D as VB is now on the reserves list.

minimad
25th May 2006, 06:06 PM
thanks cant wait

stoney
12th June 2006, 02:26 AM
put me for a reseve 2 please

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2006, 12:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

put me for a reseve 2 please

No probs. Thats you added.:D

johnsop1
23rd June 2006, 03:35 AM
Hi Andy

Could you put me on the reserves list + 1

thanks

Paul

AndyP & Lenore
23rd June 2006, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by johnsop1

Hi Andy

Could you put me on the reserves list + 1

thanks

Paul

No probs Paul thats you added.:D

Smitty
27th June 2006, 03:49 AM
Mr P......could Me and the Girlfriend be put on the reserve list please!

Checked dates and can defo make this one if there are any last minute slackers!!:p

Sweeney
27th June 2006, 03:52 AM
he'll let everyone go eventually, just likes being a persnickety git don't you A. :p

AndyP & Lenore
27th June 2006, 05:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Checked dates and can defo make this one if there are any last minute slackers!!:p

Yeah, will put you on the reserves list.

Or we could always kick that cheeky bu66er Sweeney off to make room for you.;):D

L

Smitty
27th June 2006, 06:09 AM

Yeah, will put you on the reserves list.

Or we could always kick that cheeky bu66er Sweeney off to make room for you.;):D

L

We'll if push comes to shove we can have a vote......i vote for me!!:D

Sweeney
27th June 2006, 03:20 PM
aww, pi$h. :(

AndyP & Lenore
29th July 2006, 07:03 PM
UPDATE: Recce for second half of run done, have made a few changes including going through a ford (don't worry if you don't want to go through it there will be an alternative route).:D

Will be doing recce for first half of route this week, so we will hopefully be able to add on our reserves but will let you know when recce complete.:D

sedgie
30th July 2006, 05:38 AM
Sorry fir the other thread bitty:I

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 05:39 AM
quote:have made a few changes including going through a ford
Ahh good! Car could do with a wash! :D

Although, will the bumpers scrape either end as they did on the thistle run?

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 05:52 AM

quote:have made a few changes including going through a ford
Ahh good! Car could do with a wash! :D

Although, will the bumpers scrape either end as they did on the thistle run?

No. Well, they shouldn't. Its the same ford as Neil & Lorna used on the Holy Island run and is a really short ford. Neil's signature image has a pic of his car going through it. But it wasn't very steep on either side so you should be ok.:D But as with all fords on runs like these - it is optional and an alternative route will be provided to anyone who doesn't wish to put their car at risk.

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 05:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

Don't worry about it mate. I just know that if I start discussing our run on Criags run thread, he'll deliberatly beat me at golf the next time we play:clown:, and I cannae have that.;)

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 05:55 AM
Doesn't look as deep as the ford on the thistle run so it shouldn't be too much to handle? I'd imagine it'll be fine providing theres no downpours upstream?

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 05:59 AM

Doesn't look as deep as the ford on the thistle run so it shouldn't be too much to handle? I'd imagine it'll be fine providing theres no downpours upstream?

Defo not as deep as the ford on the Thistle run. And if there are downpours the night before and it simply doesn't look safe to go through, no-one will be going through because I'm not putting 20 odd mini's at risk.:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 06:00 AM
Sedgie, do you want your name down in the reserves? Only one reserve place left for non-journalistic peeps, so let me know asap.:D

A.

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 06:01 AM
Don't wanna ruin your newly kitted mini thats all, nevermind the 24 other minis ;) Well it only looks to be a couple inches deep if that, just need to remember and bring my waders and fishing gear! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 06:06 AM

Don't wanna ruin your newly kitted mini thats all.... ;)

nevermind the 24 other minis ;)

Chancer!:D

just need to remember and bring my waders and fishing gear! ;)

If the Ford was in the morning we could have changed the lunch arrangements to a barbeque - all fish food provided by RLSweeney!:D:D

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 06:09 AM
"Shy weans get nae cakes" as they say :p

Only thing i catch seems to be a cold so don't have high hopes ;)

You've confused me lesley (not hard to do i admit :clown:), i was on about andys (lenores really :p) car being newly kitted!

sedgie
30th July 2006, 06:09 AM
yes ty....put me down:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 06:35 AM

yes ty....put me down:D:D:D

No problem.

Is done as requested.:D

Craig
30th July 2006, 06:22 PM

Don't worry about it mate. I just know that if I start discussing our run on Criags run thread, he'll deliberatly beat me at golf the next time we play:clown:, and I cannae have that.;)

:eek::eek: - I don't think there is any need for deliveratly part... it will just happen naturally... ;)

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 06:34 PM
I could join you, then andy would have someone he could actually beat (yes im that s***e, lucky if i hit the damn thing first go :clown:) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 06:34 PM

:eek::eek: - I don't think there is any need for deliveratly part... it will just happen naturally... ;)

HA!Cough_Splutter.HA!Cough_Splutter!:eek::eek::eek :

Aye, probably.:clown::I

AndyP & Lenore
4th August 2006, 04:16 AM
Front page updated.

All reserves now added in to run list. After a recce today, we are confident that there are enough parking spaces and "regroup" points to keep the run safe and fun with the full 25 cars. However, any more wishing to join would be put on a reserves list.

Lunch arrangements: We are parking in Gala town centre at lunch time, so it's a free for all. There are plenty decent eateries in the town, including a J.D. Wetherspoon's free house and Belhaven Breweries bar called The Foundry.

Route notes will be available for download soon.

A & L.:D

sedgie
4th August 2006, 04:30 AM
Whayhey:D

stoney
4th August 2006, 06:38 AM
nice one :):)

Gordons_cooper_wrks
5th August 2006, 06:33 AM
hi can you put me down. never been on a run before so wat hapens about the reserve list etc; thanx

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2006, 06:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

hi can you put me down. never been on a run before so wat hapens about the reserve list etc; thanx

Hi Gordon,

I've added your name to the reserve list.:) If anyone pulls out the run, you get their space.:D:D

There are a few stops along the way which are going to be tight and we will just get 25 MINI's in, so we really have to keep it to 25 cars max.

Cheers,

A.

indigomatt
5th August 2006, 11:19 PM
Afternoon - could I be added to the reserve list...Ta :D

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2006, 11:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by indigomatt

Afternoon - could I be added to the reserve list...Ta :D

Hi Mathew, thats you added. No doubt someone will drop out before the day.

Cheers,

A.:D

Sweeney
5th August 2006, 11:23 PM
Quite a popular run andy, comparing it to last years :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2006, 12:11 AM

Quite a popular run andy, comparing it to last years :eek:

Yeah. Something has clicked with runs this year, not sure what. Over the past year or so, Neil & Lorna and Lenore and I have organised 4 runs;

Heart Of The Borders 2005 - 11 cars
Holy Island 2005 - 10 Cars
Kielder Resevoir - 11 cars
Mission Impossible movie meats 2006 - 11 cars

Even Craig's A&B run last year only attracted 17 or so (25 on the list but a few just didn't turn up).

And now the runs to come this year:

Craig's A&B 2006 - 25 listed.
Borders run 2006 - 25 listed with 2 on reserves.
Secret Bunker 2006 - 25 listed with 4 on reserves.
Stoney's Blair Drummond run 2006 - 13 so far and growing.

Even Smitty had 21 down for the Angus Glens run which he had to cancel for work/educational reasons, which obviously has to come first.

Clearly there's a fair bit of renewed interest in runs.:approve:

Sweeney
6th August 2006, 12:17 AM
Smitty bottled it, whos he kidding ;)

MI3 run... the "brazillian job" is due to be released soon is it not? Surely you and your insiders could clarify andy?

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2006, 12:26 AM

Smitty bottled it, whos he kidding ;)

MI3 run... the "brazillian job" is due to be released soon is it not? Surely you and your insiders could clarify andy?

Brazilian Job is slated for 2008. Status is that it is "In Production" but that doesn't mean the camera's are rolling, just that there's some people attached to it and they are thinking about it. Nothing more than that I'm afraid.

But you can be rest-assured, when release time comes, we will definitely be organising a run to coincide.:approve:

Brazilian Job on IMDB.com (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427396/)

Smurf
6th August 2006, 01:01 AM
Hope you guys have fun on this - we can't attend because we'll be in Portrush, Northern Ireland for the CCMC's annual Nelly's Dash of the O'rish and the Italian Ice Cream Job runs!

Wish us luck! :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2006, 06:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Hope you guys have fun on this - we can't attend because we'll be in Portrush, Northern Ireland for the CCMC's annual Nelly's Dash of the O'rish and the Italian Ice Cream Job runs!

Ah well, there's always next year.:D

james f
7th August 2006, 07:06 AM
go on put us on the reserves list

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2006, 08:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by charlie croaker

go on put us on the reserves list

Hi James,

I've added you to the reserves list. We will be keeping to the 25 MINI's though, so won't be ading any more reserves into the run list unless someone drops out.

Burple
7th August 2006, 06:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Wish we could have come over for this one. It always sounds like a blast...

There's always next year.... ;):D

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2006, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Wish we could have come over for this one. It always sounds like a blast...

There's always next year.... ;):D

It is...!:D And, I'm sure there will be...!:D

N12 JLK
8th August 2006, 04:09 AM
Canny wait, how many sleeps Andy I canny count:(
1,2,4,7,10,17,6,5 ahhh bugger it

X30YES
8th August 2006, 04:11 AM
1,2,4,7,10,17,6,5 ahhh bugger it:eek::p

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 04:51 AM

Canny wait, how many sleeps Andy I canny count:(
1,2,4,7,10,17,6,5 ahhh bugger it

20 sleeps.:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 08:31 AM
Ok. had an email from MarkR saying he will be unable to make the run due to other commitments.:(

So, that leaves a space open for Gordon_Cooper_wrks, and I've moved you up to the run list.:D

Gordon, as you are a fairly new member, I wonder if you would be kind enough to re-confirm you wish to join the run and also state if you will be joining one of the convoy's on this thread. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8737) Or if you will just be meeting us all in Selkirk.

Many thanks,

stoney
8th August 2006, 10:20 PM
thin gordon is on hols at the mo i know he is about the same area as us as he has been in 2 christines mac ds
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8538

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 10:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by stone

thin gordon is on hols at the mo i know he is about the same area as us as he has been in 2 christines mac ds
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8538

OK. Cheers stoney.

Smitty
11th August 2006, 10:44 PM
I completly forgot i put my name down for this!!:dead:

I'll double check tonight but looks like i may have to pull out cuz the girlfriend has strated weekend work at Asda again:(

I'll report back 2mrw, might be able to round up a mate to come along, just don't fancy being passengerless!!:(

AndyP & Lenore
11th August 2006, 10:51 PM

I completly forgot i put my name down for this!!:dead:

I'll double check tonight but looks like i may have to pull out cuz the girlfriend has strated weekend work at Asda again:(

I'll report back 2mrw, might be able to round up a mate to come along, just don't fancy being passengerless!!:(

OK, if you can let us know ASAP that would be great.:D

gill
11th August 2006, 11:00 PM
As you seem to be getting a couple of folks dropping out!?! you could add us to the reserves if you want:D

Cheers - Gill, Ewan & Jamie! :D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
11th August 2006, 11:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

As you seem to be getting a couple of folks dropping out!?! you could add us to the reserves if you want:D

Cheers - Gill, Ewan & Jamie! :D:D:D

Cool.

Added you to reserves.

Cheers,

A.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
14th August 2006, 01:09 AM
Sorry to be a pain. im just back my holidays and ive just checked the forum. you said you would put my name on the reserves list but i cant see it on there. also if a space come up do you let me know r do i just keep checking the forum. im new to this thats why i sound so dumb :D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
14th August 2006, 01:14 AM
SORRY I HAVE JUST NOTICED IM NOT ON THE RESERVES LIST COz IM ON THE RUN LIST. LOL. i drove home from france yesterday and last nite and ive not had much sleep.i think we should have a run around france the roads over there are amazing. the mini loved them. i take it all i need to do now then is print of the pace note thing and turn up on time then on the 27th?

stoney
14th August 2006, 01:39 AM

SORRY I HAVE JUST NOTICED IM NOT ON THE RESERVES LIST COz IM ON THE RUN LIST. LOL. i drove home from france yesterday and last nite and ive not had much sleep.i think we should have a run around france the roads over there are amazing. the mini loved them. i take it all i need to do now then is print of the pace note thing and turn up on time then on the 27th?

yep thats about it mate just keep ur eye on the form un till the run date :D

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 01:44 AM

Sorry to be a pain. im just back my holidays and ive just checked the forum. you said you would put my name on the reserves list but i cant see it on there. also if a space come up do you let me know r do i just keep checking the forum. im new to this thats why i sound so dumb :D

LOL. Gordon, are we a tad jet-lagged after having driven back from France:question::eek::D

So, yes you are now firmly on the run list. I see you've put your name down for the convoy from Hamilton. I understand that Sweeney is organising that convoy, with Angus (X30YES) holding his hand.:D

When you get to Selkirk, hunt me down and say HI! I like to make new runners as welcome as possible.:D

The pace notes will be available for download as soon as we have verified the mileages, but I will have a few copies with me on the day.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The Dogfather
14th August 2006, 01:45 AM
Andy, any idea how long the run will be:question: miles that is :D

The Dogfather
14th August 2006, 01:57 AM
That's what I was thinking - still it'll be the MX5 last run out before going bye bye :(

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 02:01 AM

As it happens, Lenore and I were just going over the route notes from last year with our changes for this year. Comes out at 120 miles from Dunedin Selkirk, ending up at the Lauderdale Hotel in Lauder for drinkies.:D

X30YES
14th August 2006, 02:04 AM

Last years run was 108 miles and Abz to Selkirk is about 175 miles ,so your looking at + or - 450 miles . + another 20 :p:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 02:05 AM

That's what I was thinking - still it'll be the MX5 last run out before going bye bye :(

What was whats you were thinkings?

Gordons_cooper_wrks
14th August 2006, 02:08 AM
thanx for the help andyp. im away for a sleep now to see if i can get my brain to work lol. lookin forward to the run. hope it will be the first of many.

X30YES
14th August 2006, 02:10 AM

thanx for the help andyp. im away for a sleep now to see if i can get my brain to work lol. lookin forward to the run. hope it will be the first of many.
Sleep ...I'm just up and about to start appear for work :p;), well its Sunday night :D

The Dogfather
14th August 2006, 02:29 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I could have sworn Angus had posted summat about 600 mile round trip, which was what I was replying to. But it's gone, weird!

Still it'll be nearly 600 as Turriff is another 35 miles north of Aberdeen.

X30YES
14th August 2006, 02:33 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I could have sworn Angus had posted summat about 600 mile round trip, which was what I was replying to. But it's gone, weird!

Yip Paul 600 was a guess , then I checked route map and Andys 120 miles of run

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 02:35 AM

Ah.:) Angus playimg mind tricks with us again.:D

Smitty
14th August 2006, 07:04 AM
I think i'll have to drop out Andy:(

Mate is keen, but its just gona be too much miles for me....over 500, and just don't have the money to fill the car up that much!

Have an ace day guys, and hopefully I can attend next year!!;):D

Sheilz
14th August 2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks for email. I am still planning to go. Havent been on site for a while due to work (much madness). Have also had a problem with specy. Not that he did anything wrong, but a lorry picked a fight with him and have been not only mini-less but caught up with the whole business of getting the wee chap fighting fit again. He will hopefully be released from 'hospital' on Tuesday. Lorry driver pulled out from a parked position into specy's back quarters. He apologised profusely for his idiocy and carelessness then returned to his work and told them I'd run into him. then it was I'd rolled back into him then reversed. Luckily I have an independent witness who returns to his work tomorrow so hopefully the insurance co. can get his statement first before I have to pay out the excess and then wait months to get it back. Its a complete pain in backside. If I could just get at the lying skunk s** o* b**** now I could be persuaded to get violent.

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 07:38 AM

I think i'll have to drop out Andy:(

Mate is keen, but its just gona be too much miles for me....over 500, and just don't have the money to fill the car up that much!

Have an ace day guys, and hopefully I can attend next year!!;):D

No probs Smitty, thanks for letting us know and hey there's always next year.;):D

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 07:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Thanks for email. I am still planning to go. Havent been on site for a while due to work (much madness). Have also had a problem with specy. Not that he did anything wrong, but a lorry picked a fight with him and have been not only mini-less but caught up with the whole business of getting the wee chap fighting fit again. He will hopefully be released from 'hospital' on Tuesday. Lorry driver pulled out from a parked position into specy's back quarters. He apologised profusely for his idiocy and carelessness then returned to his work and told them I'd run into him. then it was I'd rolled back into him then reversed. Luckily I have an independent witness who returns to his work tomorrow so hopefully the insurance co. can get his statement first before I have to pay out the excess and then wait months to get it back. Its a complete pain in backside. If I could just get at the lying skunk s** o* b**** now I could be persuaded to get violent.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Shielz.:(

Good to see you are still planning to come, if your plans change can you let us know ASAP as we have 2 reserves.:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 07:43 AM
Indigomatt, thats you on the run now.:D

Can you post to the convoy thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8737) saying where you are meeting up or if you are coming straight to Selkirk.:D

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 08:02 AM
First post updated with the run directions now available for download.:D

If anyone has any trouble downloading them, please let me know.:D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
15th August 2006, 01:10 AM
had a wee prob downloading the run notes. it came up with "could not find the colour space named cs 8" and then "the file contians information not understood by viewer". i looked over what did open up the some of the distances and directions are not on it. please can you help.

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 01:16 AM

had a wee prob downloading the run notes. it came up with "could not find the colour space named cs 8" and then "the file contians information not understood by viewer". i looked over what did open up the some of the distances and directions are not on it. please can you help.

Gordon, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your PC. Download the most recent version here (http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

And it is worth noting that some of the mileages boxes are empty because the text to the right is a follow-on from the previous line.

If you're still having trouble, let me know. And don't worry too much, 'cos I will have copies for giving out on the day.

A.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
15th August 2006, 01:54 AM
ok will try that thanx. might even try it at work 2moro . SSSHHHHHHHH dont tell my boss lol :D

roadrunner
15th August 2006, 05:58 AM
Andy & Lenore, This year is turning pear shaped for me and NMS runs, I have already missed
craigs run because of work, know I find out that I have family arriving the weekend of your
run, and before you ask, I already did and NO I cant get out of it. I hope you all have great
day as I did last year and can give my spot to someone else.

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 06:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by roadrunner

Andy & Lenore, This year is turning pear shaped for me and NMS runs, I have already missed
craigs run because of work, know I find out that I have family arriving the weekend of your
run, and before you ask, I already did and NO I cant get out of it. I hope you all have great
day as I did last year and can give my spot to someone else.

Thats a real shame Stuart:(. I know from our talk a wee while ago you were really looking forward to this run. Not to worry, there will always be next year:). Thanks for letting me know.:)

Cheers,

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 06:13 AM
So... Charlie Croaker - YOU'RE UP! I've added your name to the run list.:D

Can you please post to the convoy thread to state how you are getting down to Selkirk, meeting up at one of the points, or just heading down yourself.:D

Cheers,

Gordons_cooper_wrks
16th August 2006, 04:42 AM
Andy. i managed to get the run notes sorted. thanx for the help. i cant wait. wish it was this wknd. :cool:

Gordon, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your PC. Download the most recent version here (http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

And it is worth noting that some of the mileages boxes are empty because the text to the right is a follow-on from the previous line.

If you're still having trouble, let me know. And don't worry too much, 'cos I will have copies for giving out on the day.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2006, 05:32 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

Andy. i managed to get the run notes sorted. thanx for the help. i cant wait. wish it was this wknd. :cool:
[quote]

Glad I could help.

A.

minimad
16th August 2006, 11:33 PM
is the hamilton services northbound or south bound?

Scottie
16th August 2006, 11:47 PM
just had a look at the run notes gives start time but no finish time. Any idea when that will be. Doubt I will be able to do whole run as we have to travel back collects dog and return home Inverness for Sunday evening.

Just need some idea so I can work timings out in my head for getting home. ta.

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2006, 01:25 AM

just had a look at the run notes gives start time but no finish time. Any idea when that will be. Doubt I will be able to do whole run as we have to travel back collects dog and return home Inverness for Sunday evening.

Just need some idea so I can work timings out in my head for getting home. ta.

Fiona,

Last year we finished around 4pm to 4:30pm, it should be roughly the same this year.:D

Hope this helps.:D

L

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2006, 07:05 AM

Pretty sure they are Northbound, but perhaps Mr Ryan or Mr Angus could confirm this.....:D

A.

X30YES
17th August 2006, 07:19 AM

Hamilton Svs North ...(South is Bothwell ), so young Sweeney told me once :II thought they were both called Hamilton

Sweeney
17th August 2006, 07:20 AM
hamilton is northbound, bothwell is southbound. :p Tough knowing it all i tell you!

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2006, 08:02 AM

hamilton is northbound, bothwell is southbound. :p Tough knowing it all i tell you!

It must play heavilly on your mind, poor young man.:D

X30YES
17th August 2006, 08:23 AM

Shame he never reads the posts above first before he opens up his mouth mind !!! :clown::p;):D

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2006, 08:34 AM

Shame he never reads the posts above first before he opens up his mouth mind !!! :clown::p;):D

To be fair, there was only about 70 seconds between you both posting. :D He's only a wee lad. Have to cut him a little slack, now and then.;)

Sweeney
17th August 2006, 07:51 PM
OI i did see your post angus but you being as old as you are, were still a little confused as to whether that was the case... ;)

stoney
17th August 2006, 08:28 PM

OI i did see your post angus but you being as old as you are, were still a little confused as to whether that was the case... ;)

well that is the case but u can ont talk u just get lost all the time !!!:D:D

Sweeney
17th August 2006, 08:38 PM
getting lost isn't being confused... it's not having a clue at all :p

stoney
17th August 2006, 11:37 PM
well we all know what u are like

get's lost coming home from menizes !!!!!;)

Sweeney
17th August 2006, 11:46 PM
:p

X30YES
18th August 2006, 12:07 AM

Gordons_cooper_wrks
18th August 2006, 04:50 AM
Ok im confused now. Is hamilton serv is the one after the ham cut of and b4 raith?. I jst dnt wont to get lost even before i start my first nms run. lol :D

stoney
18th August 2006, 04:58 AM

Ok im confused now. Is hamilton serv is the one after the ham cut of and b4 raith?. I jst dnt wont to get lost even before i start my first nms run. lol :D

yepthats right dont tell me we have another sweeney :D

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:14 AM
HAVE A LOOK AT THIS MAP FOR HAMILTON SERVICES (http://ukw.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=55.7875&lon=-4.0365&scale=25000&icon=x)

Sweeney
18th August 2006, 05:17 AM
No need, mr know it all has sorted the situation ;) Sure it isn't bothwell services westbound he's after?

stoney
18th August 2006, 05:23 AM
i know u sorted him but u get lost following me home !!!!!

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:24 AM
Gordon , If your coming from Law I would head towards the A71 then A72 Larkhall onto the M74 then its just past J6 North ,ie Hamilton and M'well

Sweeney
18th August 2006, 05:26 AM
exactly what i told and showed him :D

as for the getting lost, aye well SO!? :dead::sleepy:

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:26 AM

No need, mr know it all has sorted the situation ;) Sure it isn't bothwell services westbound he's after?
Is there a new service stop being built , and a new M way on the WEST ?????...god Ive onlty been away 10 days as well ;)

stoney
18th August 2006, 05:27 AM
thats it and if u let me know what time u will be neer larkhall will meet and run 2 the services with u

Sweeney
18th August 2006, 05:27 AM
You tell me!

Apparently there was a new service station for bothwell heading northbound so the new westbound route must be bothwell too eh angus ;)

thats it and if u let me know what time u will be neer larkhall will meet and run 2 the services with u

A mini mini run before a mini run? :clown:

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:31 AM

thats it and if u let me know what time u will be neer larkhall will meet and run 2 the services with uOh dear , I'm sure he will manage that all by himself !!!:D:D

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:32 AM

You tell me!

Apparently there was a new service station for bothwell heading northbound so the new westbound route must be bothwell too eh angus ;)

The M74 runs N to S ?:p

Sweeney
18th August 2006, 05:35 AM
Yes i know angus, im just deciding that there is a westbound route just like *someone* said there was a northbound bothwell services :p

stoney
18th August 2006, 05:37 AM

You tell me!

just as he is geting on the m74 at the same place that was all !!!!!!

and as for a mini run 2 a mini run what do u call the run to Hermiston Gate and so on !!!!
The M74 runs N to S ?:p

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2006, 06:14 AM
Dont want to sound too much like Angus banging on about keeping on-topic, 'cos at the end of the day this is how to get to the Borders Run you guys are discussing:D. However, I can think of a much more appropriate thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8737) to discuss where the f*** Hamilton Services are, and whether they run north/south/east or west, up or down the M74 etc, etc.:D

Sweeney
18th August 2006, 06:15 AM
Mission accomplished. :p

stoney
18th August 2006, 11:49 PM
sorry :(

Gordons_cooper_wrks
19th August 2006, 05:38 AM
Thanx for all the help. It was the serv i was thinkin but jst wantin to finaliase it. You 3 dont half go onlike old women LOL :D. thanx. Cant wait till next Sunday. That is if we can find our way there lol.:clown:

Sweeney
19th August 2006, 05:45 AM
Since im involuntarily leading us to the meeting point i doubt we will find our way there gordon :p

sedgie
19th August 2006, 05:57 AM
haha....i'll see you there a week later sweeney;);):p:D

Sweeney
19th August 2006, 05:59 AM
:D

james f
20th August 2006, 09:07 AM
looks like im going to have to sit this one out as mini still inst to well and needs looked at again unless anyone needs a navigator

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2006, 09:11 AM

looks like im going to have to sit this one out as mini still inst to well and needs looked at again unless anyone needs a navigator

That's a shame Charlie.:( Sorry to hear your car still isn't sorted.:(

If you find someone looking for a navigator, just come along anyway.:)

I'll put Gill up to the run list, and I'll put you on to the reserves, in anticipation of you getting your car fixed, in case someone else drops out.:)

A.

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2006, 09:13 AM
Gill, thats you guys added in to the run list.:D

Go on then.... tell us..... are you just a wee bit exceited?;)

gill
20th August 2006, 05:04 PM

Gill, thats you guys added in to the run list.:D

Go on then.... tell us..... are you just a wee bit exceited?;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Em, that's a yes!

angel-mini
20th August 2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry that its a bit late folks, but if there is any space for the run could you please add Angel-Mini plus 1 other Mini (W14RCO)(Better Half)

james f
20th August 2006, 08:27 PM

That's a shame Charlie.:( Sorry to hear your car still isn't sorted.:(

If you find someone looking for a navigator, just come along anyway.:)

I'll put Gill up to the run list, and I'll put you on to the reserves, in anticipation of you getting your car fixed, in case someone else drops out.:)

A.

cheers i hope the car will be sorted but i thought better to pull out incase as i wouldnt be fair for me to drop out at the last min and mean someone missed out :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2006, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by angel-mini

Sorry that its a bit late folks, but if there is any space for the run could you please add Angel-Mini plus 1 other Mini (W14RCO)(Better Half)

Hi Angela,

As the run is full at the moment I've added you and Marco to the reserves list. If someone pulls out, and assuming Charlie Croaker doesn't get his car fixed in time for Sunday, you will be added to the run list.

Assuming only one slot opens up, would you consider taking just the one car?

A.

The Dogfather
20th August 2006, 11:04 PM
Andy, I'm unlikely to make it as we've got so much packing to do ahead of the house move. With that in mind please drop me to the reserves so that a.n.other can be sure of a place. If I can make it I'm sure one car will drop out to free up a place :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2006, 11:56 PM

Andy, I'm unlikely to make it as we've got so much packing to do ahead of the house move. With that in mind please drop me to the reserves so that a.n.other can be sure of a place. If I can make it I'm sure one car will drop out to free up a place :D

No problem Paul. Thanks for letting us know.

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2006, 11:59 PM
Angel_MINI, I've added you in to the run list. But you're better half is still going to have to join you in your car unless we get another one dropping out. Can you confirm this is OK? Assuming it is OK, can you add your name to the convoy page so we know where you're joining in the convoy, or if your just going to meet us in Selkirk.

Cheers,

angel-mini
21st August 2006, 06:12 AM
No Probs,:cool: it's ok, I add my name to the list, but would still like to take Marco's car along, so if anyone else drops out could you please add his name to the list. Thank very much.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
21st August 2006, 06:21 AM

No Probs,:cool: it's ok, I add my name to the list, but would still like to take Marco's car along, so if anyone else drops out could you please add his name to the list. Thank very much.:D:D

Yeah no probs, you have been added and Marco is on the reserves.:D

Can you go to the convoy thread and let everyone know if you will be joining them or making your own way to Selkirk.:D

N12 JLK
22nd August 2006, 04:44 AM
Looking forward to Sunday getting excited already:p
Now all I need to think about is what nice wee snacks i can bring along to scoff.

N12 JLK
22nd August 2006, 04:46 AM
Kerr may not be going as he is going to the Dunoon games with his grandparents on Saturday night if it stays dry, if it pees down then he will be there:)

Beware of the human spew machine!!!!

sedgie
22nd August 2006, 04:46 AM
bring loads cos i always starvin!:p

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

Looking forward to Sunday getting excited already:p
Now all I need to think about is what nice wee snacks i can bring along to scoff.

Those sausages in ketchup always look rather fetching.:D:D:D

Sweeney
22nd August 2006, 04:48 AM
you've jynxed yourself now jason! you just know it'll go pete tong on sunday morning! :p

sedgie
22nd August 2006, 04:50 AM
ho! jason get cookin yer wee snack box now!:p:p;):D

Scottie
22nd August 2006, 04:54 AM
OMG the run this Sunday.:I I forgot.

Sweeney
22nd August 2006, 04:55 AM
:eek:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 05:04 AM

You...... FORGOT?????!!!!:disapprove::disapprove:

You're still gonna make it though right? I mean, you're still coming on the run right? I mean, you wouldn't drop out now would you? Right?

Scottie
22nd August 2006, 05:14 AM

You...... FORGOT?????!!!!:disapprove::disapprove:

You're still gonna make it though right? I mean, you're still coming on the run right? I mean, you wouldn't drop out now would you? Right?

Well !!!!!! no I wouldn't drop out now:D although I do have a 101 diy jobs for Allan to be getting on with but funny enough he says it will be ok for us to go on the run.;) just means he will have to get the jobs finished in double quick time.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 05:23 AM
Well !!!!!! no I wouldn't drop out now:D although I do have a 101 diy jobs for Allan to be getting on with but funny enough he says it will be ok for us to go on the run.;) just means he will have to get the jobs finished in double quick time.

Cool!:D

See you Sunday!:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 06:06 AM
Just for you Jason - Only 6 sleeps to go.:D

angel-mini
22nd August 2006, 06:29 AM
scuse my ignorance,but could someone tell me where to find the thread for the convoy cheer's

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 06:30 AM

scuse my ignorance,but could someone tell me where to find the thread for the convoy cheer's

It's in the Mini Meets and Social Forum, underneath all the "Sticky" topics.

Here you go: this be what u lookin for! (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8737)

X30YES
22nd August 2006, 08:08 AM

:clown: ( . ):D

angel-mini
22nd August 2006, 09:37 PM
Hi Folks:) we will be at Hermiston Gait.:D

james f
22nd August 2006, 10:19 PM
best knock me off the resevers alltogeaher as i think i have a suspesion coil and shock on the way out

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 10:21 PM

best knock me off the resevers alltogeaher as i think i have a suspesion coil and shock on the way out

:(

Sorry to hear that Charlie.

Thanks for letting us know.

A.:)

stoney
23rd August 2006, 05:45 AM
well it looks like i will be less my side kick for this run as christine carnt get out of work

whos going 2 poor my tea out for me :(

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2006, 05:47 AM

well it looks like i will be less my side kick for this run as christine carnt get out of work

whos going 2 poor my tea out for me :(

20 Questions maybe?;)

Sweeney
23rd August 2006, 05:51 AM
OI cheeky bu66er, 20Q's has his own car... as much as i'd love to; if i go in his car again i'd have to drive it, i have been converted to the (Works)S side!

X30YES
23rd August 2006, 08:05 AM

OI cheeky bu66er, 20Q's has his own car... as much as i'd love to; if i go in his car again i'd have to drive it, i have been converted to the (Works)S side!
If your (_!_) was of normal proportion you could have been in my JCW seats :p:D:D:D

Sweeney
24th August 2006, 02:24 AM
Not rising to it angus :p

X30YES
24th August 2006, 02:43 AM

Not rising to it angus :p
Might have even let you drive it as well !!!:p

Sweeney
24th August 2006, 02:48 AM
Not insured so i wouldn't even if you offered :p.

I don't touch anything unless i can afford a new one/repair if broke.

anyways you are going off topic, how dare you...! :clown:

sedgie
24th August 2006, 03:02 AM
i'll hae a wee shot o yer car Angus:p:p:D.....n see if i want a works;)

Sheilz
24th August 2006, 07:51 AM
Am afraid I need to pull out of the trip. My car appears to be under some kind of jinx just now. Was giving it a wash last night and found a flat tyre. Munro took it down to the garage to blow it up, which he did literally! Got a great bloody hole in it now. Both back tyres were getting low on wear anyway so have had to stump up for two new tyres and have mini emergency lined up to take it to the garage in the morning to have them fitted. This expense on top of my insurance excess (not yet sure if this will be refunded) puts the run outwith my budget for this month. Am really scunnered about it.
I also need to go back to have 'words', hopefully not too cross, with JC bodyshop as they've botched up the paint job when they repaired my car. I'm also wondering if they missed damage to the tyre which was on the damaged wheel. Seems a bit of a coincidence that it just happens to have a hole in it within a week of being returned to me. Anyway, I hope my replacement's pleasure at getting on the trip is in inverse proportions to my disappointment.

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2006, 08:33 AM
Thats a bummer Sheilz.:( Many thanks for letting us know.

Really sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your Mini.:(:( It seems entirely possible that the tyre was damaged in your wee accident, and JC's may well have missed it.:mad: I'd do exactly what your saying, get back in there a press your case. And making a botch of the paint job is simply not good enough. You're paying for a service, you expect to receive it.:approve:

Let us know how you get on.:question:

Best of luck.:)

A & L.:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2006, 08:36 AM
So with Shielz having to drop out :(, it means Marco (W14RCO (Angel-Mini's Better half)) is now in the run list.:D

X30YES
24th August 2006, 08:38 AM
Time you were in Bed Andy ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th August 2006, 08:45 AM

Time you were in Bed Andy ;)

LOL.:D Been working away with mp3's, m3p's, .wav's and AAC's. See this thread. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8898) :D

Sheilz
24th August 2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks, Am getting the paintwork redone and the damage estimator thinks I may get the tyre on the insurance as well though this isnt guaranteed yet. JC were apologetic and helpful and I can book in whenever it suits me. It was a relief not having to do the 'cross' bit. I hope everyone has a great time on Sunday and will look out for the pics afterwards. Maybe next year!

Scottie
25th August 2006, 12:01 AM
Looked at my motor today not been washed since prior to Craig's run. the inside is knee deep in fag ash. The windows has road kill and midge blood all over it.

Allan's no here and well looks like I'll need to clean it myself but can't be bothered.

don't know why I'm posting this but was just sitting bored at my work thinking of the mess my car is in.:I

Neil and Lorna
25th August 2006, 02:44 AM

Looked at my motor today not been washed since prior to Craig's run. the inside is knee deep in fag ash. The windows has road kill and midge blood all over it.

Allan's no here and well looks like I'll need to clean it myself but can't be bothered.

don't know why I'm posting this but was just sitting bored at my work thinking of the mess my car is in.:I

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ours is the same but no fag ash.
But will be remedied before Sunday.

Neil

Gismo
25th August 2006, 03:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and LornaOurs is the same but no fag ash.
But will be remedied before SundaySorry for the hijack, but, does that mean you're gonna fill your car up with fag ash :p
I'll get my coat :I

Craig
25th August 2006, 04:03 AM

If your down the road tommorrow, I'll give it a wash (Off all day, but working on Sat... :()

Give me a text if you want to pop over. :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th August 2006, 04:18 AM
We spent hours scrubbing up both cars today. The MINI is now sparkling and covered up ready for Sunday.:D:D

3 More sleeps :D:D