PDA

View Full Version : April fools - anyone get caught?

claire
2nd April 2006, 07:48 AM
C'mon then guys, lets hear it, who fell for an April fool this year?

The Dogfather
2nd April 2006, 08:05 AM
John and Crombers did, must be an age thing :D

claire
2nd April 2006, 08:16 AM
:Dyeah i noticed that earlier! haven't heard many stories this year.

A neighbours dad told her to get out of bed quick as her car (which she's not long had, and she's just passed her test) wasn't in the drive "its been stolen" she went nuts at him as he was the last one to use the car, then she realised.....hehe what a shame the poor girl!

lightbody
2nd April 2006, 06:55 PM
There's a story on MINI2 about the new MINI Colours coming soon... I was trying to decide if that was an April fool or not...

New Colour Schemes Hark Back to Halcyon Days

MINI are thought to be planning a real retro-fest for the last of the current generation MINI line, with new colour schemes to be introduced as a limited run towards the end of production. The new colours originate from the Classic Mini's heyday back in the 1960s and 70s.

Apparently, MINI wants to go out with a bang and show some flare to give the last of the current generation a really unique and special send off, but those old enough to remember the "good ol' days" of British Leyland may not be so excited about the planned kaleidoscope of colours as those not so familiar with the colour schemes of the past may be.

The new schemes should be available on a "mix and match" basis, but the colour pallet in question is:

Surf Blue (a vibrant blue), Java Green (emerald green), Applejack (a very bright green), Sand Glow (an orangey yellow), Harvest Gold (metallic gold) and Russet (a shade of brown). Sand Glow will also become a colour choice for the roof, and apparently offers a "stunning contrast" in particular to the Java Green and Russet, which are expected to be popular choices.

Rumour has it the new colours will go into production as early as May this year and will go through until production ends in the Autumn. Expect the new colours to come at a premium in line with the metallic paint costs, if at all.

claire
2nd April 2006, 09:18 PM
ooh thoses colours sound nice, hope it isn't an April fool! think i'd like the Applejack.

phantom
3rd April 2006, 02:15 AM
Well I thought the BBC had the best April fool of all time, the semmi final cup match lol. :evil::p;):D

Burple
3rd April 2006, 04:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

Well I thought the BBC had the best April fool of all time, the semmi final cup match lol. :evil::p;):D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

john
3rd April 2006, 05:47 AM
I got caught out by our local hairdresser VB:D

If I wore a hat I would take it off to Vidal Well Done I did not think you were that sharp:D

Crombers
3rd April 2006, 05:54 AM
<hand up>

Me too :approve::)

(wee fud's gettin it mind :blackeye:)

X30YES
3rd April 2006, 07:17 PM
I know a couple of T:D:eek::eek::I:clown:'s that did

Mini Me
13th April 2006, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

There's a story on MINI2 about the new MINI Colours coming soon... I was trying to decide if that was an April fool or not...

New Colour Schemes Hark Back to Halcyon Days

MINI are thought to be planning a real retro-fest for the last of the current generation MINI line, with new colour schemes to be introduced as a limited run towards the end of production. The new colours originate from the Classic Mini's heyday back in the 1960s and 70s.

Apparently, MINI wants to go out with a bang and show some flare to give the last of the current generation a really unique and special send off, but those old enough to remember the "good ol' days" of British Leyland may not be so excited about the planned kaleidoscope of colours as those not so familiar with the colour schemes of the past may be.

The new schemes should be available on a "mix and match" basis, but the colour pallet in question is:

Surf Blue (a vibrant blue), Java Green (emerald green), Applejack (a very bright green), Sand Glow (an orangey yellow), Harvest Gold (metallic gold) and Russet (a shade of brown). Sand Glow will also become a colour choice for the roof, and apparently offers a "stunning contrast" in particular to the Java Green and Russet, which are expected to be popular choices.

Rumour has it the new colours will go into production as early as May this year and will go through until production ends in the Autumn. Expect the new colours to come at a premium in line with the metallic paint costs, if at all.

Oh dear, sorry folks just cought this one.....can i just confirn that it's total bollocks......:I:D;)

minimadtez
13th April 2006, 05:44 PM
Applejack green suits classics,as does those other colours, i doubt it could take off on new MINIs....

I printed out 'for sale' signs and put on details of my car......i just left them lying around the house so my sister (who is 14) spotted them....she reacted worse than i thought. she went around slamming doors and refused to talk to me, so i had to point out that it was the 1st of april!