PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler - preferably Electric Blue

Suzi
31st March 2006, 12:28 AM
On the lookout for an Electric blue spoiler...failing that, will buy any if its cheap enough :)

ianking
31st March 2006, 01:03 AM
Hi Suzz
When did you get a mini?
Is that your wee elec blue ONE I saw parked at your mums house the other day.
Not seen you in ages.
Ian

Suzi
31st March 2006, 01:07 AM
Alreet,

Fancy meeting you here?? Got a mini one about a month ago. Test drove and S and nearly killed myself!

Aye, I saw you had a mini again! Its smart eh? Saw your maw driving one aswell! Trying to get an EB spoiler for mine but its proving to be difficult, reckon its gonna be a normal spoiler and get it sprayed EB.

ianking
31st March 2006, 01:16 AM
My maw was borowing mine the other day as i was giving her megane CC a good clean for mothers day. What a son eh? Got rid of the BMW as the insurance was mental. If im up at Sarahs mum and Dads I will pop over and see ya. Have you got rid of your Corsa or did you give it back to yer ma.
I had a coopS spoiler recently that my mate from uni gave me but i never used it so put it on e-bay and got 60 notes for it.
try Hills (http://vehicles.hills-motors.com/alt_list_breakers2.php?make=bmw&model=MINI) for parts. They have lots of minis breaking. I still have the ocasional wee fancy bit kicking about in the loft and that so if your after anything or need anything fitted just give me a shout.
Ian

ianking
31st March 2006, 01:18 AM
When i say fancy bit i dont mean another bird (just incase sarah is reading this). I may still have some chrome pieces and different lights and radio fitting kit, stuff like that.

Suzi
31st March 2006, 01:34 AM
That sounds ace, taken a note of your mob, would be interested in having a butchers. I've bought EB wing mirrors and an EB grill. Gonna get the bullet 17's at some point. Right now im just obsessed with getting a spoiler! My email is suzanne.waugh@gmail.com if you want a blether by the way.

X30YES
31st March 2006, 02:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Suzi

That sounds ace, taken a note of your mob, would be interested in having a butchers. I've bought EB wing mirrors and an EB grill. Gonna get the bullet 17's at some point. Right now im just obsessed with getting a spoiler! My email is suzanne.waugh@gmail.com if you want a blether by the way.
seats here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Mini-One-Cooper-or-S-Full-Leather-1-2-Blue-Seats_W0QQitemZ4626555865QQcategoryZ100916QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Suzi
31st March 2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah, saw them on ebay, am so tempted, theres not many about. Ideally i'd want front and back but cant imagine theres a full set about for sale very often.

I can sleep tonight, I bought a spoiler for £30.

Next question though - any recommendations about where to get it re-sprayed in the edinburgh area and price estimations of the job? It wont need fitted just re-sprayed.

ianking
31st March 2006, 05:51 PM
Suzz

Go to LCI autobody in Loanhead industrial estate. Speak to big Laurence and say that I sent you. Ask for cash price. He is a very good painter. He has painted an old mini for me before and it was top notch.
his mobile no is 07760204431

Ian

ianking
31st March 2006, 05:51 PM
Where did you get your spoiler from.

Suzi
31st March 2006, 06:08 PM
Hello Mr King,

I was just about to text you my number! I'll do that the now. I got it off a guy on the mini2 forum for 30 sheets, checked that it'd fit a 54/05 mini.

I'll give that guy a phone today, cheers for that. It's already black so needs to be repainted EB. Buying stuff for the mini is totally addictive...but you'll know that already!

ianking
31st March 2006, 06:11 PM
What kind of mini is it you have. Is it a one or a one salt or a one pepper.
Where did you go for it.
If there is anything else you fancy for the mini let me know.
Thats your text here now.

Suzi
31st March 2006, 06:25 PM
I think its the one pepper, its got a silver dash and stuff, I didnt actually know much about it. I was about to buy an 04 MR2, was smart like, then Rich spotted the mini at Western VW at the fort and ended up falling for their patter. Got it for 11 G's which is ok i suppose. I basically got it for the colour...such a girl!

ianking
31st March 2006, 06:35 PM
If its plain one then it will not have the front fogs or glovebox or rev counter. If its one salt then it will have the afor ementioned items.If its the pepper then it will have the chrome outside inc grill and boot handle and it will have 15" rocket allloys as well as the salt stuff.
Let me know if you need a hand fitting the stuff that you have purchased. Ive had my last mini in bits so im used to how they go together.

Suzi
31st March 2006, 06:54 PM
It must be the salt one then. It's got the rev counter etc. I'm on the lookout for the chrome boot handle, i emailed that place yesterday that you recommended, its quite good! I got a bolt on spoiler, not the glue one, have heard of a few of them being ripped off. Im totally on the look out for any chrome bits so geez a shout with what you've got and I'll give you something for them. Thanks for the fitting offer aswell, I might well be needing you in the near future!

ianking
31st March 2006, 06:59 PM
Im sure ive got a set of clear side repeaters somewhere if you fancy.
If its the bolt on spoiler then I would ask Laurence to fit it as he wont drill the holes in the wrong place. They have to be 100% correct. If he duffs it up then he needs to sort it.

Suzi
31st March 2006, 07:14 PM
Aye, your right. I'll go and phone him just now, get a price for respray and fitting...

Smurf
31st March 2006, 09:17 PM
Would you be interested in a set of facelift chrome insert Cooper bumpers by any chance? I have a set in the loft, including chrome front grille, brand new. (I got the Aerokit).

No worries if you don't, just thought I'd mention it since they're EB.....

Oh! and glad you're enjoying your car!
:D

Suzi
31st March 2006, 10:13 PM
Hi,

What is the difference between cooper bumpers and the ONE's? Presumably more EB on the trim?

ianking
31st March 2006, 10:23 PM
Suzz

Cooper bumpers will have the chrome strips on them and the front will be all chrome with the proper chrome mesh and grill.
I am going up to Sarahs mums tonight after work to wash the car so look out the window and you will see the difference. Or come over for a blether. I will be there from 5pm for an hour or so
Ian

Suzi
1st April 2006, 05:00 AM
Do you have any pics of the car with the bumpers on or any pics of the bumpers themselves?

Smurf
1st April 2006, 06:45 PM
Hi Suzi
Some pictures here before Aerokit, stripes and wheels. These are the bumpers and chrome grille I have in the loft. No worries if you're not interested, just thought I'd ask.

:D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/Smurf_1971/bumpers3.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/Smurf_1971/bumpers2.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/Smurf_1971/bumpers1.jpg

Suzi
2nd April 2006, 11:50 PM
How much would you be wanting for them? Just bought loads for the mini this month so pretty skint, might have to come back to you in a bit...

I'd come pick them up if i bought them.

How smart is your car though?!

Smurf
3rd April 2006, 02:00 AM
To be honest, I've no idea what to ask for them..... give me an offer?
And no worries if you want to wait a bit, they've been in the loft for a year, a while longer isn't gonna hurt!
I should also say that I have the black side skirts (in the photos) too..... I *think* they say Cooper on them.....

And thanks for the compliment :D sounds like yours will be a looker by they time you're finished too!