PDA

View Full Version : Dougal's First MOT.........................

Craig
29th March 2006, 03:54 AM
.............well, with me that is.

What a difference 24 hours make...:eek::D

Car went into the garage yesterday morning, went to pick the car up last night...........FAILED!! :disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

It had failed on all 3 parts of the emission test, handbrake not working and also a few wee niggles...plus he told me the clutch looked like it was on it's way out...

The guye worked on it today, found that the plugs were black and the HT leads not very good, quick clean and hey presto, emissions ok......JUST :D:D

New rear offside brake cylinder fixed the handbrake problem and a bit of lubrication on the pivot for the hydraulic clutch made the clutch pedal much better.... Just to get a quick oil and filter change tommorrow and the gearbox linkage seal on the back of the gearbox and Dougal will be ready for the season with a nice new MOT..:D:D:D:D

I was already thinking of the unthinkable last night after getting the bad news, but he shall be with me for much longer now...

Crombers
29th March 2006, 04:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I was already thinking of the unthinkable last night after getting the bad news

Eh! dinna be so daft :clown:

For a 9 year old Mini thats not too bad really. He's positively heathy :approve:

Hope Dougal never heard a jot of your inner thoughts :eek:;)

lightbody
29th March 2006, 04:11 AM
yeah but its so much more INTERESTING than getting a new MINI MOT'd!

Craig
29th March 2006, 07:42 AM
for interesting, read "wallet emptying..." ;)

he's beginning to spend more money than Jude - and that is saying something :eek::eek::blackeye:;):approve::approve:

Burple
29th March 2006, 07:44 AM
quote:

I was already thinking of the unthinkable last night after getting the bad news, but he shall be with me for much longer now...

Aaahh.. the almost Zen-like Mini relationship!

You realise there's no going back now?
You'll be slyly chugging 10W40 before you realise it! ;):D:p

Smurf
29th March 2006, 07:16 PM
Classic Minis are designed to grab your heart, make you love them, and not let go.
However, in the process they do the same to your wallet, it's contents, your life savings, and your sanity.

Welcome to the club, Craig! :D

ianking
29th March 2006, 07:23 PM
Ive just had to buy a new rear sub frame and two arms and rear brakes. That was rather wallet grabbing.

Crombers
29th March 2006, 09:41 PM
he's beginning to spend more money than Jude - and that is saying something :eek::eek::blackeye:;):approve::approve:

Yikes this man is brave :eek:. I,ll delete this quote from me memory bank next time Jude is in our midst ;)

Duncan Stewart
30th March 2006, 02:04 AM
Not bad for a classic mini :D - they are always marginal on emmissions.
Got mine MOTed last week - should have been a straight pass :approve: but I bottomed out over a speed hump the day before and broke an exhaust mount :evil:
He is going in tommorrow for the re test and will then be all ready for the quiz run :p

Craig
3rd April 2006, 03:20 AM
well, the wee boy is all looking spick and span..

He is going in on Tues to get the spots all wired up and my new stereo installed and he will be complete for the new season :D:D

thanks must go to "Lord Bucket" (MarkyC) for all his help (his eye for lining up pinstripes and bonnet stripes is much better than mine ;))

I would have taken some pics and posted up, but as soon as we had finished, the rain came on and he had to go back in his wee hoose.

His first outing on Sun and Smurf's run..:D:D:D:D:D CANNAE WAIT!! :cool:

Smurf
3rd April 2006, 04:07 AM

His first outing on Sun and Smurf's run..:D:D:D:D:D CANNAE WAIT!! :cool:

COOL!! :D I'm SO looking forward to meeting him!

markyc
3rd April 2006, 04:47 AM
The wee man looks a million dollars :D the shine off the car after it was polished was FANTASTIC :cool::cool::p;) It will defo turn a few heads come Sunday :eek::approve::approve::D

davesminis
3rd April 2006, 09:01 PM
Def agree with wallet emptying! But I love the whole experience!

I took my bro's mini to the MOT man this morning, should get it back later today. Then I have a couple of weeks to get Jenny (my wee Neon) ready for the MOT man. She has had new suspension, tyres all round, repair panels for the front panel, new arches etc - extremely wallet emptying - and its not over yet with a new exhaust and interior etc needed soon.