PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fitted a glove box?

Mark R
27th March 2006, 09:06 AM
Anyone bought and fitted a glove box to a MINI which has only a parcel shelf? I'm thinking about getting one but it seems a little expensive from what I remember being quoted at the dealer when I bought the car.

How easy are they to install and how much more is there to them than the door that opens up since I see them on eBay every so often.

lightbody
27th March 2006, 10:31 PM
I'm tempted to swap you my glovebox to get the shelf back! I liked the shelf - it was a bit funky and different, was in keeping with the Mini thing (classics had a huge shelf) and the glovebox isn't terribly useful anyway, even with the "tidy"...

X30YES
28th March 2006, 12:15 AM
As I'm offshore just now and cant check ,but almost sure , The golve box has a valve ..something to do with the A/C ,so that might be the only tricky part , If you dont have A/C it will not matter !!

ianking
28th March 2006, 05:40 PM
You only have to hook the cold air pipe from the a/c up if you want to keep your can of irn-bru and corndbeef piece cold in the glove box, otherwise it doesnt matter.

X30YES
28th March 2006, 06:42 PM
Oh now I know ..:p I wondered what that wee valve was for was for ;)

duncan
29th March 2006, 05:21 AM
Yes, I did, on my old One, and they are pretty easy to install.
Even easier if you don't have air con.

ISTR that the hardest parts are taking the shelf out, and finding the lead for the glovebox light, which is hidden taped up in the loom.

MINI2 might have fitting instructions somewhere.