PDA

View Full Version : OMG my Laptop Panic

Scottie
25th March 2006, 02:19 AM
Ok my main laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio 17".

Went to switch it on a couple of mins ago pressed the on button it changed from orange to blue but it didnae boot up into windows did not do a thing looks like it is still switched off. Removed the battery then put it back in switched on got the Qosmio coming up but a blue screen came up with some message but to quick to read then it switched off.

Have tried switching it on again but nothing diddley squit and worse it's out of warranty.

does it sound like it is knackered is this serious. what will I do.:(:disapprove::disapprove:

I'm no computer person gutted.

bpirie1000
25th March 2006, 02:22 AM
Hammer Meet Laptop..

That is as technical As I can get.

Hope you get things sorted.

Wul
25th March 2006, 02:29 AM
Fi - try booting it up again and look for options when the quasimodo bit appears - usually something like "hit F2 for Setup" or similar.

this should then allow you to boot up into safe mode and then try a proper restart from windows - this might solve the problem - otherwise it sounds quite terminal :eek:

Scottie
25th March 2006, 02:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Fi - try booting it up again and look for options when the quasimodo bit appears - usually something like "hit F2 for Setup" or similar.

this should then allow you to boot up into safe mode and then try a proper restart from windows - this might solve the problem - otherwise it sounds quite terminal :eek:

disnae come up to qosmio anymore only done it the once when I took the battery out the first time I have taken the battery out loads now and nuthing.

w

sleepyrascal
25th March 2006, 02:42 AM
Nah not terminal. Sounds like a driver related issue.

Have you delated anything large recently or fiddled with and settings? Sometimes if a driver is missing or damaged the machine will fail to start correctly. Althogh it shouldn't switch itself off. Switching itself off may simply be a characteristic of that particular machine.

I had this problem and had to re-install windows. If you want to save stuff however you would have to give it to a computer geek.

I might be wrong, but thats my diagnosis.

Neil and Lorna
25th March 2006, 02:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

however you would have to give it to a computer geek.

Give wee Craig a bell.

Neil :D:D:D;);)

sh@z
25th March 2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah sounds like a software issue of some sort, worst case would be formatting and reinstalling windows, i reckon anyway

Craig
25th March 2006, 04:42 AM
Fiona, next time you are down, drop it into me and I will have a look at it for you if you want.....

Craig;)

ps - cheers Neil for the compliment :D

The Dogfather
25th March 2006, 05:09 AM
I hope you get it sorted....

That reminds me must back-up my laptop :I

Scottie
25th March 2006, 07:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Fiona, next time you are down, drop it into me and I will have a look at it for you if you want.....

Craig;)

ps - cheers Neil for the compliment :D

Craig will do hopefully down next weekend to pick my mini up.

What do I need to bring with laptop do you need the discs that came with it got them somewhere do you need the broadband disc, router?????

Craig
25th March 2006, 08:10 PM
yeah, just give me everything you have with the laptop (discs, power cable and info re your router etc..) HOPEFULLY I won't need them, but you never know..