PDA

View Full Version : Had to purchase..........

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:33 PM
new wiper blades as the originals were beginning to perish. Popped down to my local Halfrauds & bought Bosch one's. Has anyone else fitted these as it would appear that the passenger side wiper is slightly smaller than the original. The line of 'sweep' is about 1"inch within the original line.

Wul
24th March 2006, 10:02 PM
or did you buy the wrong wiper crombers:I - my coop has bosch ones fitted and they seem to be normal size!

Bignorm
24th March 2006, 10:16 PM
oh whats wrong with mini wipers from me tut tut

Crombers
24th March 2006, 10:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

or did you buy the wrong wiper crombers:I - my coop has bosch ones fitted and they seem to be normal size!

I might be old but come on Wul ;)

Crombers
24th March 2006, 10:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

oh whats wrong with mini wipers from me tut tut

Needed them now or I would have waited until my next jaunt up to Stirling (70 odd mile round trip for wiper blades did not tally up)

As a matter of interest how much do you charge :question:

lightbody
24th March 2006, 10:37 PM
I find the OEM ones to be really good! They work silently even at high speed, no smearing, no juddering... not expensive either.

bpirie1000
24th March 2006, 10:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

I find the OEM ones to be really good! They work silently even at high speed, no smearing, no juddering... not expensive either.

OEM??? Original Equipment Mini?
OEM??? Oval shaped Man?
OEM??? Open Envelope Man??
OEM??? Open Eject Manualy??

Sorry Probably being thick like but it is friday. ;)

GAJ
24th March 2006, 10:48 PM
The wee book in Halfords which tells you which ones you need is wrong. It quotes the passenger size an inch shorter than it should be. I've got the same problem Crombers.

Bignorm
24th March 2006, 10:49 PM
i would have gave you a set for about £18.00 inc vat and i could have posted them up to you no problem just for future ref mate

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 11:32 PM
I've always found Helfrauds to be more expensive than the dealers for blades for any car I've owned.

Crombers
24th March 2006, 11:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

The wee book in Halfords which tells you which ones you need is wrong. It quotes the passenger size an inch shorter than it should be. I've got the same problem Crombers.

Thanks for this info mate. Do you reckon I've got a case to return them :question:

Crombers
24th March 2006, 11:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I've always found Helfrauds to be more expensive than the dealers for blades for any car I've owned.

£17.49, mate which is cheaper than BMW & Bosch is a good product fitted to many prestige cars.

Crombers
24th March 2006, 11:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

i would have gave you a set for about £18.00 inc vat and i could have posted them up to you no problem just for future ref mate

Never thought of that :(. Will remember next time as the spoiler on the drivers side looks better/bigger on the originals than the Bosch one.

bpirie1000
25th March 2006, 12:10 AM
Can always change over the rubbers and Get your spoiler back.

just a thought.

Halfrauds...........

Wul
25th March 2006, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Thanks for this info mate. Do you reckon I've got a case to return them :question:

What was that you were saying crombers? :p:evil::clown:

AeroJonny
25th March 2006, 01:45 AM
I had a set of bosch blades fitted to my one and they have ended up scuffing my windscreen in the top corner on the drivers' side. The bosch one swere great for a few months then they made a racket, stopped clearing large areas of the screen and juddering. I've since changed back to oem wipers they're silent and do a much better job than the bosch ones. I regret fitting the bosch ones and will now always be sticking with oem blades. For the sake of £20 I'd change them back.

PS-can anyone tell I feel quite strongly about this? ;)

Scottie
25th March 2006, 02:13 AM
I've got the PIAA wipers swapped the size round fromm passanger to driver side work a treat and best bit fake Carbon Fiber:I;):D

X30YES
25th March 2006, 07:23 PM
Tip Alan , Dont go out in the rain :D:p;)

Crombers
25th March 2006, 08:59 PM

What was that you were saying crombers? :p:evil::clown:

Aye youve got a point mate :I:)

Crombers
25th March 2006, 09:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Good one Angus :D

aimee_s
25th March 2006, 11:36 PM

Nice advice.....not applicable for anyone living in aberdeen currently, or probably in the future! :disapprove:

Crombers
26th March 2006, 06:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

Nice advice.....not applicable for anyone living in aberdeen currently, or probably in the future! :disapprove:

Or anywhere in this blessed country of ours ;)

Duncan Stewart
27th March 2006, 02:43 AM
I bought Hellfrauds own which would not fit on my Mini :I:mad:
leaned my lesson and got BMW ones! :p:D