PDA

View Full Version : Honeycomb mesh grill - hole ????

T6 KFR
23rd March 2006, 09:41 PM
right, as i have said on a few other posts, i am currently getting MCS bumpers fitted to my cooper.

I picked up the bumper inserts yesterday for JC's and when took it home i noticed a small hole left hand side of the bumper insert (if i remember itis the driver side)... what is this hole for? My cooper insert doesnt have one.

Gismo
23rd March 2006, 09:54 PM
Could it be for the air temp thingy :I

bpirie1000
23rd March 2006, 10:02 PM
This is for the towing eye.For when you need a tow not that a mini should ever need to be towed. The Older bumpers chrome bits Cover this up slightly.
No Need to worry unless you have't go the cover......
The Temperature sensor is below the Bonnet grill about 3cm down from the top of the bumper.
Where you getting your bumpers fitted??

T6 KFR
23rd March 2006, 10:09 PM
mmmmm, the cover. doesnt ring any bells, unless itis in the balck with the screws:eek:

i will investigate when i get home tonight.

thanks brian.

Burple
23rd March 2006, 10:31 PM
It sounds like Bri is right..

If the hole is about here:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2311/05minicoopersconvertiblef34500.jpg

Then it's for the towing eye..
Coopers and Ones have a bumper coloured blanking plate covering this, in the S and Aero kit it's behind a blanking plate in the honeycomb grille at the number plate, all three on the Drivers side... :D

T6 KFR
23rd March 2006, 11:51 PM
LNL - you have it spot on....along with Brian that is.

Thanks guys, can always rely on NMS to help me out.:D

T6 KFR
24th March 2006, 02:45 AM
wasnt that straight forward . i just looked up my stuff and i have enough screws, just no cap / plug for the towbar.

So have been on the blower and itis ordered...why didnt they think i would need that before...doh

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 03:27 AM
Helpful bunch as ever :D