PDA

View Full Version : What's The Longest You've........

Gismo
23rd March 2006, 07:44 AM
............not washed your car :I ah go on then, I have not washed mine since last November :eek::p:I:)
John did give it a bit of a go at his work, but only the windaes and ma mirrors :D

Neil and Lorna
23rd March 2006, 08:06 AM
Longest would of been 2 weeks when we were in Orlando.:D:D

GAJ
23rd March 2006, 08:11 AM
I've not washed mine since at least last November, possibly longer. It's actually not as bad as you would think either!

euan
23rd March 2006, 08:26 AM
I hadn't washed mine since December, but it did have a service in January and got washed then. However, I've since done over 3000 miles without washing it and had to do it this week when I could no longer make things out in the rear view mirrors! So she is all clean again now.

(Typically, a bird sh** on it within 2 hours of me washing it!)

Wul, I apologise - I'm a fan of keeping the car clean and very gleaming but I've let you down mate :)

sleepyrascal
23rd March 2006, 08:32 AM
I think I gave it a clean back in January.... i quite like the dull brown colour!

Scottie
23rd March 2006, 08:55 AM
about 4 weeks but that was because of the weather being to cold.

Crombers
23rd March 2006, 07:06 PM
Here I thought I was bad until I read the above :eek:

Wait til the Buffmeister & Lord Bucket (MarkyC) read all this , they'll have a hairy :mad:

:p;)

zimbo
24th March 2006, 03:02 AM
:eek: I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED AT YOU ALL.... :eek:

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 03:28 AM
Omega hasn't been washed in 2 months, soon be spruced up though....

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 03:30 AM
Could never leave the MINI longer than a couple of weeks, the rear number plate/lights always needed cleaning :(

feefabelle
24th March 2006, 04:41 AM
Oh my word!!!! my car is washed every week!! its bum always gets sooooooooooooo dirty!! Does anyone else notice that an excessive amount of dirt collects at the back??

Craig
24th March 2006, 05:13 AM
yes, your mini will always have a dirty bum, unless you wash it every day (markyc...:eek:)

even with fitting the mud flaps at the back, it will still get very dirty... I wash mine at least once a week, sometimes more depending on how much time I have on my hands... I HATE A DIRTY CAR (like it is at the moment:eek::D)

Sheilz
24th March 2006, 05:36 AM
Would feel guilty if it wasn't washed every week and a right skivver if its not followed by a wax! Longest I've gone without washing it is six days.I dont like its bum all dirty incase some daftie gets tempted to write on it and scratch the paintwork. I think I have OCD when it comes to the car. :I:D:D:D I get some slagging for it!

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I HATE A DIRTY CAR (like it is at the moment:eek::D)

Boggin springs to mind :p;)

monkimagic
24th March 2006, 10:50 AM
I am with Bonnie, Its too damned cold, its been since before xmas. I think about it though......then put the kettle on and the thought slips away.

How ever I clean the inside more

miniscot00
24th March 2006, 06:58 PM
I've heard he likes to play dirty... ;)

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/new_gallery/members/slides/alan.jpg

Burple
24th March 2006, 08:05 PM
That's not dirty... :eek::eek:;)

You can still see Milly's number plate!! :p:p:D:D:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 08:31 PM
The dirtiest we all got was last year on the Blair Athol run. Rear number plates were unrecognisable let alone readable.

3GGG
24th March 2006, 09:57 PM
I must admit that this winter I haven't washed my car by hand at all. I just take it to the foam wash which gets the worst of the stuff off.

Once the weather gets warmer it will get a proper spring clean inside and the wax put back on again.

Up until the car was 3 years old I was totally anal about any dirt on the car - inside or out, but I have got over that now.

Wul
24th March 2006, 10:07 PM
Pfff - all these feeble excuses...it's too cold blah blah blah!! ;)

Put warm water in the buckets of your hands are cold!

Went 4 months over october 05-jan06 without washing the car - mind you it was the shed!;)

Crombers
24th March 2006, 10:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Went 4 months over october 05-jan06 without washing the car - mind you it was the shed!;)

Jings the man is human after all & your cleaning fettish is for all things strictly MINI :approve:

Wul
25th March 2006, 12:22 AM
....or strictly petrol powered!! :p:D

monkimagic
25th March 2006, 01:10 AM

Do you wash your mower Wul :question:

N12 JLK
25th March 2006, 06:16 PM
1 DAY 6 HOURS:p, GETTING AS BAD AS MARKYC!!

Wul
25th March 2006, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Do you wash your mower Wul :question:

:clown::I:D

claire
27th March 2006, 08:55 AM
gee whiz folks - i cant believe some of these posts!!!!:disapprove:

i do admit (prob due to my job) that i'm a bit of a clean freak :I i wash and hover my car about 3 times a week! i love it when its all squeeky clean, gets lots of attention:D

id prob wash it more if i had the time oh and its always by hand!

GAJ
27th March 2006, 05:36 PM
Mine got a wee wash yesterday. It's ahiny again, for a wee while anyway.

zimbo
27th March 2006, 08:55 PM
Mine got its first wash yesterday as well :D (then it rained...):evil:

Lynsey
28th March 2006, 04:27 AM
This sounds shocking, but i used to wash my previous red MINI sometimes twice a week! I was constantly out there nip-picking at speckles of dust!! My dad used to moan at me for using so much water especially in the summer.

However, since getting my new car in November, I PERSONALLY havent washed the car yet!!! My boyfriend since being made redundant in January has been kind enough to clean my wee Milly while ive been at work, thank god, otherwise there would be 6 inches of dirt on her!!!

He does a good job cleaning her.....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Lynsey069/milly019.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Lynsey069/milly030.jpg