PDA

View Full Version : MINI Convertible Spy shots

miniscot00
25th February 2003, 09:07 PM
Spy shots of the new MINI convertible testing in Sweeden can be found here.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5789

Monsta Mo Mini
25th February 2003, 10:59 PM
The Car Connection has published some exclusive photo's of the new convertible MINI, undergoing cold weather testing in Sweden. These online images follow the publication of further shots in UK motoring publication AutoExpress of the same frosted all black MINI.

Reactions on the MINI2 forums have so far been mixed, but in general approving. Some are still expressing disappointment that it's not a 2 seater speedster as many had hoped, or even a hard top convertible, to rival the 206cc for example.

These pictures come just weeks before the MINI One D (Diesel) and John Cooper Works MINI Cooper S are due to be publicised at the 2003 Geneva Motor Show.

We should be able to tell how good the convertible MINI really is early in 2004.

See the photo's on the car connections website: http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5789

Article by MINI2
:D

lightbody
25th February 2003, 11:19 PM
I think it looks terrible. :(

miniscot00
26th February 2003, 07:24 PM
I agree:disapprove:

Willie M
26th February 2003, 11:55 PM
Gotta agree guys, think it looks pretty naff :eek: The roof looks really flimsy, okay I know the car's a prototype but you'd have thought they could have done a better job than that.

I'm afraid my days for rag-top cars are behind me for now. What with global warming and Scottish summers, give me a good old tin-top anyday :)

knaone
3rd March 2003, 05:21 AM
I think it looks ok, not my cup of tea, not a huge cabby fan but it looks better than a lot and i'm sure it would look fine with the top down, that may not even be the proper hood, might just be one for a disguise?

David

Linda M
3rd March 2003, 11:03 PM
It's ok, typical soft top. But I wouldn't have one.

scott shand
4th March 2003, 03:31 AM
i like it you just have to think of it with its top off!

Julz
4th March 2003, 04:23 AM
Typical male, always has to picture things with their top off!!!:D

Linda M
4th March 2003, 06:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

:D:D:D:D:D

Willie M
4th March 2003, 04:58 PM
If that's true then ladies ;)
I hear that for the MINI convertible, instead of a JCW or Hartge conversion, you can specify a Jordan or a Pamela Anderson enhancement :approve:

Gismo
8th March 2003, 04:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

:p:p I like the sound of that, but i don't like the look of that topless mini, eugh :clown:

Bonnie Scotland