PDA

View Full Version : Has F1 gone crazy?

euan
23rd March 2006, 03:31 AM
I think Max Mosely is nuts. All in an attempt to save money.

His latest grand scheme is that as of 2008, all teams are not allowed to develop the engine for 3 years. All changes need to be approved by the FIA. Are you kidding me? One team gets a cracking engine in by the deadline, and you end up with one team likely to dominate for 3 years.

They also say that you have to sign up by a certain date to enter next seasons championship. That date? 31st March this year. After all the changes they have proposed, I can't see many teams joining!

markyc
23rd March 2006, 04:18 AM
I would agree with you Euan about Mosley :dead::disapprove: I love F1 but it seems the technical side is getting a wee bit more bizarre each year :clown: but I feel the driving side of things has become more exciting :) Shouldn't Mosley, Eccelsson and their cronies ask the fans what their thoughts would be and what changes they would like to see :question: (oh sorry that would be to sensible) :eek::eek::)

Crombers
23rd March 2006, 10:11 PM
Smelling something dodgy here :disapprove:

If this is true it's well naff IMHO

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 06:18 AM
F1 has been naff for quite a while. I used to watch it religously, now I'd switch over if it was on....

The Bull
24th March 2006, 08:12 AM
I think the majority of the changes brought in this year have worked like reintroducing tyre changes and the qualifying format. The races (and qualifying) have definitely become more interesting and "racy" instead of a procession but as far as the 3 year ban on engine development goes I think Mosely is wide of the mark. I'm sure once the teams bang their heads together they will come up with a better solution to rising costs of F1.

The final design regs can still be debated upon until June this year so I'm sure there'll be a few changes yet.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35356