PDA

View Full Version : scratched window

midge
23rd March 2006, 12:29 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how to get a light scratch out of a window on the mini?

Cheers.

Scottie
23rd March 2006, 12:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by midge

Does anyone have any ideas how to get a light scratch out of a window on the mini?

Cheers.

I do. Jewellers rouge works a treat excellent you can buy of ebay follow instruction use it lightly don't rub to hard.:D

midge
23rd March 2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks Scottiecoop, will look in to getting some.

Wul
23rd March 2006, 05:10 AM
apparently toothpaste works quite well too.

markyc
23rd March 2006, 06:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

apparently toothpaste works quite well too.

I'm puzzled Wul (easy I know !!) Is that becuase of the very fine silica they put in toothpaste or is it something else :question::question:;)

Big Gordy
23rd March 2006, 06:30 AM
Toothpaste is a very, very, verrrrrrrrrry fine grinding paste:D;) works a treat on glass scratches as long as there not toooooooooo deep :p:D:approve:

markyc
23rd March 2006, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Toothpaste is a very, very, verrrrrrrrrry fine grinding paste:D;) works a treat on glass scratches as long as there not toooooooooo deep :p:D:approve:

Ahh BG thought it might have been something like that :):D;)

Crombers
23rd March 2006, 07:46 AM
& how does one manage to scratch one's windae :question::p

midge
23rd March 2006, 07:46 AM
I'll give that a shot first.... will it also put a great big smile on the mini too?!

midge
23rd March 2006, 07:58 AM
Went on holiday and left the mini at my parents house. When I came back to pick up the car, I noticed the car was cleaner than when I left it... My dad thought he'd do me a favor and wash it for me, on further inspection of the car I noticed the car was covered in scratches including the window! Managed to polish out all the scratches bar the ones on the window.

ScottishCooper
28th March 2006, 01:10 AM
Good old Dads !! LOL