PDA

View Full Version : Still no mini wave!!??!!

feefabelle
22nd March 2006, 04:08 AM
Just wanted to complain that as yet i have still never had a mini wave!! Is it just the boring rude people in Falkirk??? :(

lightbody
22nd March 2006, 04:17 AM
watch for one with stripes, stickers, spotlights or something that makes them look "interested". Then wave. Also wave at Classic Minis :)

feefabelle
22nd March 2006, 04:22 AM
i'll give that a try, but no one normally waves back and i end up feeling like a a?*e lightbody!!

oh i saw a smashing wee classic orange mini in Falkirk on Sunday night looked lovely :)

The Dogfather
22nd March 2006, 04:31 AM
Try flashing easier to spot, trouble is they are a lot more common so less people flash/wave back :(

jayex
22nd March 2006, 04:35 AM
yip i've found waves back are few and far between these days :disapprove: - got my first wave back in months last week :D thanks to the guy in the black cooper s in B&Q :cool::D

Big Gordy
22nd March 2006, 04:45 AM
Look out for a red mini with chrome ears and grill in the Falkirk/Larbert area:D Make sure its a me driving tho:Ias my missus never notices any other minis on the road:evil: :p:D:approve:

markyc
22nd March 2006, 04:58 AM
I've found a lot less people flashing/waving :( but it won't stop me trying for a wave back :) :D;)

gill
22nd March 2006, 05:01 AM
We always wave/flash at people :I Not so many these days responding!! (Maybe it's the flashing;))!!!

N12 JLK
22nd March 2006, 05:15 AM
I always flash at Minis, even when Im in my Avensis I flash at them!!

claire
22nd March 2006, 05:30 AM
I live near dunfermline in fife and there are a few minis which pass me every day on the way to work...only one of them waves! I still wave/flash at them all though. Its fab when fellow mini lovers flash back.

Don't stop flashing folks!!

X30YES
22nd March 2006, 06:06 AM
Shielz is a good flasher !!

T6 KFR
22nd March 2006, 09:32 PM
i remember the good old days when i got flashed / waved at.....not anymore

no-one seems to appriecate the mini code:D

Burple
23rd March 2006, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Try flashing easier to spot, trouble is they are a lot more common so less people flash/wave back :(

But be very careful when flashing other Minis!!
Some other idiot on the rouad might mistake that for you signalling it's ok for them to pull out in front of you or otherwise cut you up! :mad::mad:

:D

feefabelle
23rd March 2006, 02:08 AM
Think we need to start a campaign to get people waving and flashing again!!??!! We could get stickers and the nice people in the mini dealers to tell all of their customers that if they pass another mini they must wave or flash!!

markyc
23rd March 2006, 03:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by feefabelle

Think we need to start a campaign to get people waving and flashing again!!??!! We could get stickers and the nice people in the mini dealers to tell all of their customers that if they pass another mini they must wave or flash!!

I've told Broon and oor Claire to drum into the buyer the need to flash & wave at other Mini drivers :eek::eek::D;)

Crombers
23rd March 2006, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

If someone in an Avensis flashed at me I'd think there was something wrong :p;)

Crombers
23rd March 2006, 10:08 PM
I don't bother any more unless we are out on an NMS run.

I think the flash / wave scene will die off soon IMHO as the MINI is now so popular & there are tons of them on the road.

Broon's sales targets will all have been met & he must be worth a mint;)

maybe even a minstrel :p

markyc
24th March 2006, 04:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

I would second that especially in Cumbernauld :eek::eek::dead::D;)

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

quote:Originally posted by crombers

I would second that especially in Cumbernauld :eek::eek::dead::D;)

& in Dumbarton yer fecked :D

monkimagic
24th March 2006, 10:39 AM
I still flash, but you kinda know who will flash back.... mostly folk phone the polis and I scarper.....whoops wrong site for this post:I

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

I still flash, but you kinda know who will flash back.... mostly folk phone the polis and I scarper.....whoops wrong site for this post:I

:D