PDA

View Full Version : Smiley grumpies

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 02:59 AM
Does anyone else have these around there area?

We were approaching one the other day and our car speedo said we were doing about 28MPH, our Road Pilot said we were doing exactly 31MPH and the smiley/grumpy was in grumpy mode and said we were doing 37MPH??:eek::eek:

Who calibrates these? Who puts them up? I've never seen them being erected. Maybe it's the Safety camera partnership. Maybe its the police. maybe its the council. Heck, maybe it's santafrikkinclause. Whoever, it is, they need to calibrate them better.:mad:

That all said, they are a good idea. Makes you think about your speed around town.:I:D

sleepyrascal
22nd March 2006, 03:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Does anyone else have these around there area?

We were approaching one the other day and our car speedo said we were doing about 26MPH, our Road Pilot said we were doing exactly 31MPH and the smiley/grumpy was in grumpy mode and said we were doing 37MPH??:eek::eek:

Who calibrates these? Who puts them up? I've never seen them being erected. Maybe it's the Safety camera partnership. Maybe its the police. maybe its the council. Heck, maybe it's santafrikkinclause. Whoever, it is, they need to calibrate them better.:mad:

That all said, they are a good idea. Makes you think about your speed around town.:I:D

As they are there to prevent death i guess they will over exagerate your speed a bit.. maybe.

However, i dont agree that they are a good thing for this reason.

I used to pass one on my way home from work in Inverness. The road in questionis one which is difficult to speed on, its a big corner so i generally passed it at 30 or less anyway. So one day I wanted to see what the unhappy face looked like so i went mincing past at 40. ACE! I did it every time from then on :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

[.... one day I wanted to see what the unhappy face looked like so i went mincing past at 40. ACE! I did it every time from then on :D:D

It's not a competition Sleepy!:D:D:D Points don't make prizes:eek::D:eek::D

The Dogfather
22nd March 2006, 04:37 AM
I'd rather see them than a wayne-kerr with a speed gun......

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2006, 05:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I'd rather see them than a wayne-kerr with a speed gun......

Good point.:D They were in town last night and looked rather dissapointed :eek: that I wasn't going over 30mph.

L