PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone translate English to Finnish?

sleepyrascal
21st March 2006, 10:58 AM
I need some banter for a Finnish bird but cant find an english to Finnish translator. HELP!

john
21st March 2006, 04:14 PM
there is a Finnish girl works in the coffee shop at my work part time;)

you could talk to her:)

unless she is the bird in question:D

GAJ
21st March 2006, 05:16 PM
I always use this site (http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Finnish)for the old Finnish bird banter!;)

euan
21st March 2006, 05:23 PM
Tell me what you want and I'll get it translated. My last project was with a Finnish company so I can get the translation from them.

Mate of mine went out with one of them, was going well and he was being very british about the whole thing, holding doors, asking them what they wanted to do etc. Turns out in Finland that's not how they like the blokes to behave in relationships and the blokes role is to just say what they are doing!

They are an odd lot really - I blame the lack of sunshine in winter :)

Big Col
21st March 2006, 05:25 PM
Be careful with that site Gaj linked to mate. If you translate things into Finnish try translating it back again first. It doesn't always say what you want it to. :)

Big Gordy
21st March 2006, 09:17 PM
Just speak like the Swedish chef in the muppets and you should be alright;) He has no problem with the 'birds':pI know he's not Finnish but its close;) :p:D:approve:

Burple
22nd March 2006, 01:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Just speak like the Swedish chef in the muppets and you should be alright;) He has no problem with the 'birds':pI know he's not Finnish but its close;) :p:D:approve:

lol :D:D
Noo nee noo nee noo... Bork! Bork! Bork! :D

It'll be fine as long as all you talk about is Chicken and Cocolate Mousse! ;):p:I:D:eek:

The Dogfather
22nd March 2006, 02:43 AM
You used to be able to get an add on in Firefox (browser) which turned web-pages into Swedish Chef speak.

Doesn't help SR though.....

X30YES
22nd March 2006, 05:56 AM
Sé solamente algunas palabras de la voluntad del español que lo hagan

minidriver#1
22nd March 2006, 08:25 AM
My friend is from Finland. She could translate some things for you.