PDA

View Full Version : HD TV

aimee_s
20th March 2006, 08:28 AM
ok, so i'm essay writing again, and...bored...!
HD tv, keep seeing adverts on Sky for it amongst other places, is it really any better/different than normal tv..? in what way..?

Big Col
20th March 2006, 04:12 PM
It has higher definition. :)

It babsically means that the image is a lot lot lot lot sharper than regular telly. I think.

The Dogfather
20th March 2006, 05:20 PM
Col's right(ish), HDTV has more lines than normal TV, 720 or more compared to 480 on normal TV. This means that the picture can be more detailed, great for nature programmes but bad for spotty TV presenters......

It's still very early days as far as the technology is concerned and I don't intend to buy a HDTV for at least another year, as the TVs cost too much are aren't as good as they should be yet.

Gismo
20th March 2006, 06:36 PM
In fact the resolution is as high as 1025 on most models, where the best benefits at the moment are is in the xBox 360 games console and suitable DVD Players.
The xBox games on HD are truly awesome :p jaw dropping, they are that good.
I have a suitable DVD Player coupled with an HDMI cable that shows DVD's in 1025 resolution.

But, Bad Dog VB is right though, the cost may be prohibitive, but, they are coming down in price.

Add into this the HD Sky that's due out this year, the picture clarity will be outstanding

aimee_s
20th March 2006, 06:38 PM
so is it decided yet whether the PS3 will be HD or BluRay format...?

Gismo
20th March 2006, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

Nope, that's what the latest delay is :disapprove:

Scottie
20th March 2006, 07:13 PM
i've got a HD down the road but won't be replacing my big TV with a HD TV until a lot more channels transmit in HD Sky bring out their HD Sky Box and at a resonable cost.:)

Smitty
21st March 2006, 01:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Nope, that's what the latest delay is :disapprove:

I think its blue-ray for definite....correct me if im wrong though!!:p

What i not to sure on though, will HD TV's benifit the Blue-ray discs?

aimee_s
21st March 2006, 05:01 AM
yeh....how would that work-HD tv but bluray discs... or would it not....??

Smitty
21st March 2006, 10:39 PM

yeh....how would that work-HD tv but bluray discs... or would it not....??

There is no doubting it will work, just like normal non HD TV shows work on a HD TV. But whether you get full advantage witht the Blue Ray discs im not overally sure!