PDA

View Full Version : Windows

T8SLD
19th March 2006, 05:16 AM
This may sound like a strange one but has anyone ever experienced their windows going down a bit after locking the car?

The first few times this happened i thought i was loosing my memory and had perhaps forgotten to close the window before locking up :p but today my windows were defo up but when i came back to my car later they were down slightly - and not the first time this has happened.

Just want to check if this is a common problem before getting it checked out. Cheers

duncan
19th March 2006, 05:17 AM
If you press and hold the open button on the remote, it opens the windows.
Chances are, you've put the key in your pocket, and for some reason the buttons been pressed, and held.

T8SLD
19th March 2006, 05:22 AM
Well, if that's the case then i have just learned something new about my mini as had no idea i could open the windows from the remote - what a numpty i am :D

Thanks for enlighing me!!:)

duncan
19th March 2006, 05:25 AM
No problem. :)

You can open the windows by using the key in the drivers door lock, by holding it in the unlock position.
Also, you can shut the windows, by holding the key in the lock position.

Unfortunately there isn't a remote lock feature

Burple
19th March 2006, 09:25 PM
Yes I have!
How old is your car?
I was just about to wash my old Cooprer one day when I noticed the Driver's window moving! This was after I had come back to it a couple of times inn the morning and it was down a little bit.

I could actually stand there and lock the car, and watch the window twitch up and down repeatedly. And since I had the alarm on that car, it would set off the motion detectors and set the alarm off! So basically I couldn't leave the car alarmed, for fear of it going off non stop!

Quick trip to the dealers to voice my concern, and they took it in to replace the door locks. A fairly common problem apparently. It Used to happen on older cars (mine was 2003) if the Door lock mechanism (BC1?) got damp..
If you can see it moving, or hear it, get it back to the dealers to check out!

Lynsey
20th March 2006, 03:16 AM
I have, it was on my 03 plate Mini One, I thought i was going nutty! My mum gave me row for not being careful when locking the car and leaving it with the windows down about 3inches.

So far with my 55plate ive not had any problems. Touch wood!

T8SLD
24th March 2006, 03:43 AM
Forgot i made this post ha ha! Thanks L&L plus Lynsey for confirming i may not be going mad!

It's a 52 plate so sounds likt it could well be a problem! I have waited a few mins after locking to see if anything happens and it doesnt - only when i come back. Hasnt happened again since making my first post but i will be more vigilant over the next few weeks. If it happens again i will head to the dealer as only got it last June so i'm presuming this will be covered by the year's warranty from purchase.

The Dogfather
24th March 2006, 04:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by T8SLD

Forgot i made this post ha ha! Thanks L&L plus Lynsey for confirming i may not be going mad!

It's a 52 plate so sounds likt it could well be a problem! I have waited a few mins after locking to see if anything happens and it doesnt - only when i come back. Hasnt happened again since making my first post but i will be more vigilant over the next few weeks. If it happens again i will head to the dealer as only got it last June so i'm presuming this will be covered by the year's warranty from purchase.

Is it a 12 month extended warranty on cherished MINIs or the balance of the original 3 year warranty:question:

feefabelle
24th March 2006, 04:54 AM
My window dont go down if i hold down the button. :( do not all minis have this feature??

Craig
24th March 2006, 05:19 AM
if your car is newer (I think face-lift onwards), they stopped programming this into the remote control. If you want it programmed, you have to go to BMW and pay them to do it!! :eek::disapprove:

It is still possible, they just stopped doing it because of "customer feedback", however everybody that I speak to wishes they had left that "feature" in.!;)

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

if your car is newer (I think face-lift onwards), they stopped programming this into the remote control. If you want it programmed, you have to go to BMW and pay them to do it!! :eek::disapprove:

It is still possible, they just stopped doing it because of "customer feedback", however everybody that I speak to wishes they had left that "feature" in.!;)

Have i got this :I never even noticed :p

Burple
24th March 2006, 08:11 PM
quote:

THere's only one way to find out!! :D:D:D:D

Get out there and hold the 'unlock button' till either:

a: The windows come down, or
b: You feel a big enough plank for standing out in the cold pointing your key at your mini and nothing happens

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p

Crombers
24th March 2006, 08:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

THere's only one way to find out!! :D:D:D:D

Get out there and hold the 'unlock button' till either:

a: The windows come down, or
b: You feel a big enough plank for standing out in the cold pointing your key at your mini and nothing happens

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p

Get your drift ;):D

T8SLD
24th March 2006, 10:52 PM
Is it a 12 month extended warranty on cherished MINIs or the balance of the original 3 year warranty:question:
[/quote]

It's a cherished mini so i have the extended 12 months warranty.

MartinSullivan
24th March 2006, 11:29 PM
My 2002 S model doesnt open the windows from the keyfob or by putting the key in the lock and turning.

As stated by others there have been problems with faulty BC1 modules etc - so well worth getting it checked out while you have some warrenty left.

Crombers
24th March 2006, 11:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

problems with faulty BC1 modules etc - so well worth getting it checked out while you have some warrenty left.

The man is a technical genius :approve:

Sully for President (of anything) :p;)

AeroJonny
25th March 2006, 01:56 AM
My cooper is an 02 plate and when you hold down the unlock button the boot makes a clunk sound as if its popped open, but you stil need to open it normally, what's going on??

Burple
25th March 2006, 02:16 AM
I think that was a programmable option too, it does open the boot, but it doesn't spring open. I think you can make it a slightly more 'visible' operation if you screw out the rubber 'stops' a we bit..

....I think... :D:D

N12 JLK
2nd April 2006, 12:38 AM
ASked Menzies to re-programme mine as I wanted to look cool on a hot day;). But ehy were going to charge £70 for the privilage, so funnily enough - decided not to bother.:evil:

Crombers
3rd April 2006, 06:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12
wanted to look cool on a hot day

Ain't even gonna happen mate :p;)