PDA

View Full Version : MCS bumper install - extras?

T6 KFR
17th March 2006, 10:01 PM
i have just recently picked up a pair of MCS bumpers..thank you guys;)

however, they dont have the mesh / standard inserts . where can i get standard ones from , i have noticed from minisport mesh ones for 100quid.

Also the bottom front centre section of the bumper (trim that hold the mesh) ,,,does the cooper centre trim fit the MCS bumper??? they look different??

HELP:disapprove:

T6 KFR
18th March 2006, 12:18 AM
I have just called Mini @ JC's. I enquired about the parts i need

1 x honeycomb front bumper grill
2 x honeycomb rear bumper grill
1 x front valance bumper trim

Got the prices and was away to order (2 days), but they need a MCS chassis number incase im putting them on a non MCS...which i am. i have a cooper!

:evil:

i need a chassis number for a MCS reg before 2004 models.:I

Burple
18th March 2006, 01:15 AM
Or you could have a word with our very nice sponsors, and I'm sure between you, you could sort something out? ;):D:D:D

john
18th March 2006, 04:25 AM
THE CHASSIS NUMBER IS IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF ANY COOPER'S' ON JC'S SALES LOT:DPICK A CAR;)

Wul
18th March 2006, 05:25 AM
or contact the person you got the bumpers from!

john
18th March 2006, 06:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

or contact the person you got the bumpers from!

:D:D:D:D:D:Dneither of them have an 's' either:D:D:D

T6 KFR
18th March 2006, 10:10 PM
i kindly got a number from Kinghorn, cheers dude.

So parts are ordered , and should recieve them next week (tuesday).

so picks will be posted soon of my new mods.....cant wait..role on a meet / run so i can show off;)

T8SLD
19th March 2006, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

i kindly got a number from Kinghorn, cheers dude.

So parts are ordered , and should recieve them next week (tuesday).

so picks will be posted soon of my new mods.....cant wait..role on a meet / run so i can show off;)

So, when you getting rid of the 16"'s as a mod? I hear you were a tad jealous of Ash's new S ones ha ha :p:D

zimbo
19th March 2006, 09:46 PM
So are you putting the bumpers on yourself? If you are then you will need to remember that you are going to have to move the front fog lights to the next position (cooper S position) before you put the S bumper on.

Hope this helps you out :D

T6 KFR
20th March 2006, 05:14 AM
quote:zimbo Posted - 19 Mar 2006 : 12:46:24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So are you putting the bumpers on yourself? If you are then you will need to remember that you are going to have to move the front fog lights to the next position (cooper S position) before you put the S bumper on.

Hope this helps you out

OK you have confused me now... i thought it was a straight swap - taking out the fogs / lamps and then placing them in the new inserts??

what is the "next position"????

zimbo
21st March 2006, 02:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

what is the "next position"????

The next position is... once the bumper is off & you look at the fog lights you will see space where the fog lights should be moved toin this case it should be towards the outside edge of either side of the car that your working on. If i remember correctly it was only 3 screws on each foglamp. You shouldnt have any problems doing this :D

I only found this out by doing this exact same thing on my car & when i went to put the bumper on the front fog lights were out of position but once moved to their new location it was perfect.

p.s just hope you have smallish hands... :p

The Dogfather
21st March 2006, 03:03 AM
I remember drilling holes for the S position, its actually marked by a little circle. I think the lights go on upside down compared to the Coopers fogs.

Once the bumper is off it should all become clear...... :D