PDA

View Full Version : Checked Vipers

Scottie
17th March 2006, 07:42 AM
I've been due replacement wipers for a while. Now spring is here thought right get the job done.

So I've been thinking.

At the moment I have the checked vipers but all black.

My idea is in keeping with the JCW of the car is to get red and black checked vipers but the problem I'm having is what design i.e. red check to be all the middle checks and then outside check to be the black checks or stagger them but how would I stagger them.

Any opinions, ideas, thoughts anything really including if you think it's a crap idea then tell me now before it's to late.

Big Col
17th March 2006, 04:08 PM
Is this for your silver motor Fi?

Craig
17th March 2006, 05:08 PM
don't put red in the check Fi!!!! what about a faded check starting black at the front and slowly going to the colour of your car so that the checks actually disappear at the back of the car ? ?:D

Scottie
17th March 2006, 05:43 PM
it's for the silver Mini.

why not red BG???

Big Col
17th March 2006, 06:00 PM
Who's BG:question:

Crombers
17th March 2006, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I've been due replacement wipers for a while.

Just buy new one's & stick em on :);)

Craig
17th March 2006, 06:47 PM

it's for the silver Mini.

why not red BG???

I take it your referring to me :question:;):D

I think keeping silver and black on the outside will help to keep it looking superb, just think that bringing another colour into the equation will "break-up" the continuity... ie too many colours and it looking like a miss-mash.. :disapprove:

Again, Fi, this is just my opinion and what I would do, you as always have the final decision on this as it is your car and if you like it, that is all that matters..:D:approve:

Big Gordy
17th March 2006, 09:11 PM
I'm BG:D But I said nuffing your honour:p:D:approve:

Scottie
17th March 2006, 11:42 PM
Ooop's sorry was meant to read BC for Big Col.:)

AeroJonny
19th March 2006, 12:02 AM
I agree with Craig. If there's no other red on the outside of the car or on the interior, then the red would prob look out of place. However, if you really have yer heart set on some racy red, then what about a single wide stripe with a thicker red band of checks in the middle and 2 thinner bands of black check on the edges of the red? I think it'd look sweet and a bit less busy and ott than two separate stripes with 2 colours in each. What does everyone think?

Mini Me
23rd March 2006, 05:19 AM
Fe, ave got piccs ,looks superb :p

markyc
23rd March 2006, 06:03 AM
Fi, Don't know if the red theme would go with the carbon fibre detail you have on the car :question: Would have to see pics on another car first but my own thought would be to have chequers like you have just now (think they are brill :D) but in a different format :question: Im sure Carlo should be able to design something that will look fabby :);)

Scottie
23rd March 2006, 07:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

where are there.????

Markyc was always keeping the vipers in the same style as was but centre square in red to match the red of JCW because the JCW logo is Black,Red,Silver as it would seem my car is now also:D:D oh well hope it looks good.

Scottie
23rd March 2006, 07:44 AM
Minime , seen the wee tiny pics from mobile pics. looks just spot on.

Tell Carlos to carry on. excellent.

markyc
24th March 2006, 04:30 AM

quote:Originally posted by minime

where are there.????

Markyc was always keeping the vipers in the same style as was but centre square in red to match the red of JCW because the JCW logo is Black,Red,Silver as it would seem my car is now also:D:D oh well hope it looks good.

Yeh see where you are going Fiona that wouldn't be too much red I don't think but you know if you had it done you could always change it back or for something else ;) A subtle colour of red would probably suit better or get the colour matched to the badge if you can :eek::p:D;)

Craig
24th March 2006, 05:16 AM
well, I have to go back on what I said :eek:..... I had a sneeky wee look at the job being done today (half way through) and I think it will look ace, tying all the elements together... If you haven't already Fi, get them to complete the job.:D

Craig :D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:58 AM
Will need to see next meet to cast my vote :approve: