PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question from a Computer Dummy

Scottie
15th March 2006, 09:18 AM
I use broadband up here @ Inverness and I'm wireless

but back home in Larbert I'm dial up:( but I'm not paying for broadband in two places.

I used to have two Laptops my new one and my old one but my old one (the one I used down the road )has given up on me.

So I want to set up this Laptop with my wireless broadband as noraml connection and then another icon kinda thing which is dial up and by clicking on that icon the computer goes straight to dial up then into the msn page or whatever.

Did try to do it myself but mange to screw everything up costing £50 to get if fixed by Inverness PC's

So how do I go about getting this done. Remember if your helping treat me like I'm real dumb (which won't be hard) a step by step guide would be good.

john
15th March 2006, 04:22 PM
You have done everything correct so far;)
Posted on NMS for help:D

I would help if I could but I know didlysquat anfact the question confused me for a while :D:D

Scottie
15th March 2006, 07:06 PM
Anyone???? that will be a no then.

Craig
15th March 2006, 07:11 PM
Sorry Fi, been a bit busy....

easiest way (with XP) is to open up My Network places.

Select a new connection

select connection to the Internet

then select that it is a dial up connection

then that it is for a dial up modem.

put in the telephone number you are dialing into and I think there is also a place for your username and password.

save this as an icon on your desktop and as you say, just use this when you are down the road...

This is all from memory as I don't do dial up anymore and can't remember all the steps in XP for this.

You could always just give me a bell when you are down and I could pop round and set it up for you... no charge ;)

Scottie
15th March 2006, 07:23 PM
ok I can understand that I think going to try using freeola.