PDA

View Full Version : Two days left of being a mini owner

jamesp
14th March 2006, 08:01 PM
As the title shows i am no longer going to be a mini owner -I take delivery of my new wheels on Thursday morning..... I was driving the Cooper S last night and I know for certain I will miss it... its onto something new and different. I wont miss the harsh ride and the expensive runflats - but the whine from the supercharger always makes you forget any negatives!

Thankfully I managed to get a reasonable trade in price - I was quoted the same price by my new dealer to what I was offered nine months ago by a mini dealer (take note Mini dealers your not as competitive as you may think).

jamiec
14th March 2006, 08:29 PM
so what you getting then?

jamesp
14th March 2006, 09:11 PM
I am getting the new VW golf R32...... Deep Blue, 3 door, recaro seats.... ordered it back in september and its the first customer order in Edinurgh.

Been dying to get my hands on the thing since the Xmas edition of top gear. JC gave it a fairly good review.

Gismo
14th March 2006, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by jamesp
I am getting the new VW golf R32
Ooh, i like very much :cool:

ianking
14th March 2006, 09:49 PM
I think you will enjoy that very much. I was very tempted to go for the GTTDI 140 when buying the last mini, but I swayed slightly more to the mini.

jamesp
14th March 2006, 10:17 PM
Should be good fun - I test drove a demonstrator back in November and the exhaust note sounds even better than on tv - the delivery of speed does not feel as punchy as a supercharged Cooper tho! (even tho its a far quicker car)

sounds boring but its also a bit more practical - oh and one thing that did surprise me..... its cheaper to insure than the mini.

I shopped about and got a very good deal, last year the Cooper S premium shot up to £600 pa - Managed to get a quote for R32 (insurance group 18 and valued at £25500)...... £450 fully comp and guaranteed protected no-claims.

AeroJonny
14th March 2006, 10:45 PM
I saw that TG on sky at the weekend, looks an awesome car. I have to say I much prefer it to the BMW 1'er (Sorry SC!!!!)

jamesp
14th March 2006, 11:06 PM
No reason to apologise about dislking the BMW one series - i still dont understand why it was compared to the R32.

As they said on Top Gear if your going to spend £31k on a sporty BMW then buy the Z4. 'you would have to be bonkers to buy the 130'

jamiec
15th March 2006, 01:07 AM
very nice be sure to post a couple pics up when you get it!

N12 JLK
15th March 2006, 05:56 AM
another one bites the dust:(, hope you enjoy your new car:)