PDA

View Full Version : where is this car now

ianking
14th March 2006, 05:04 AM
Does anybody know of a red mini one with a pretty basic spec that was registered SM52 UGA. If so I am just being nosey. I got it new but it was written off 4 months after and I saw it at Thompsons of Galashiels breakers. They sold it to someone who was going to rebuild it.
Also does anyone here own another of my old cars. Indie Blue mini one with 16' 5 stars SO03HKJ. Prob bought from Eastern about 10 months ago, again just being nosey.

ianking
15th March 2006, 05:49 PM
No body seen them then

Sweeney
16th March 2006, 03:26 AM
sorry the plates / details don't ring any bells with me :(

sleepyrascal
16th March 2006, 03:37 AM
SM52 UGA was sold again last year on the 30 October 2005 so it's obviously been repared and sold on.

ianking
16th March 2006, 04:19 AM
How are you able to tell this sleepyrascal.

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 05:17 AM
Try this URL: Vehicle Data Check at RAC (http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/)

ny152
16th March 2006, 06:44 AM
Anybody know what happened to a Gold diesel - M7 NLD? Phoenix Glasgow sold it 2nd December last year. Wonder if the new owner is on here now?

Blimey, this could turn into carsreunited.co.uk

Smitty
16th March 2006, 07:03 AM
Just looked up my dads current car....

quote:Manufacturer PEUGEOT
Model 306 MERIDIAN TURBO DIESE
Body type 5 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour YELLOW
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 31 December 1999
Number of previous owners 0
Last owner change 28 April 1999
1. So disel is now called heavy fuel!!

2. Explain to me why the manufacturer date is after the "last owner change"????:dead::blackeye:

Scottie
16th March 2006, 07:16 AM
How come that site is not up to date put one of my reg no's in and it comes up with a car I owned three years ago look ????? the reg is on my current Mini

Manufacturer MINI
Model MINI COOPER S
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour GREY
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 25 June 2002
Number of previous owners
Last owner change

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 07:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Colour YELLOW
Fuel type HEAVY OIL

2. Explain to me why the manufacturer date is after the "last owner change"????:dead::blackeye:

1. Diesel has always been known in the industry as Heavy Oil. Deisel is it's short name. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please.
2. Who knows:question: It's one of those things thats unexplainable. Like the popularity of David Hasselllllhofff in Germany.;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 07:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

How come that site is not up to date put one of my reg no's in and it comes up with a car I owned three years ago look ????? the reg is on my current Mini

Manufacturer MINI
Model MINI COOPER S
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour GREY
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 25 June 2002
Number of previous owners
Last owner change

You think thats bad. I put our X5 reg in, it came back with our Silver Honda CRV. Thats now three years out of date!!! Yikes.

sleepyrascal
16th March 2006, 09:08 AM

Colour YELLOW
Fuel type HEAVY OIL

The car may have been bought by either your dad or a dealer in advance of it's build. All these cars are just figures on a computer screen. So the buyer buys a pre build car and essentially the car exists, not physically, but on a database.

sleepyrascal
16th March 2006, 09:10 AM
Yourself and Scottiecoop should get this checked out pronto! Often personalised plates take a while to change over, but not three years. Mine took 2 weeks to show up.

You could still be liable for any offences tied to your previous cars. Alternatively it could just be a mistake.

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 10:26 AM
But sleepy, its not like I'm getting reminders for tax or anything like that. And who would I "Check it out" with:question::eek:

sleepyrascal
16th March 2006, 10:30 AM
'check it out with' the DVLA. Hey i'm not saying you have to, just saying that if it was me, I would want to make sure! It only takes one phone call.

I have never seen the RAC database make a mistake before!

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 10:32 AM
Ok. Cheers.

I'll give them a quick ring tomorrow. Like you say - one phone call.

Cheers.:D

BTW, what are you doing up at this time of night young man? Get right to your bed NOW!:D

Smitty
16th March 2006, 05:38 PM
Andy P and Scottie.....tried typing in the orginal Lisence Number of your X and Coop before you chaged the plates over? Maybe it just has porblems reconising privtae plates, and they dont update that part fo the database often (although 3 years is taking the piss!!)

As for my old mans car, we ordered it april, then got it august, not december.....defo one of those things u can't explain!!

GAJ
16th March 2006, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

1. Diesel has always been known in the industry as Heavy Oil. Deisel is it's short name. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please.

I've never heard of diesel being referred to as heavy oil before either but I suppose it must be. It must pi$$ off Rudolf Diesel who invented it and modestly named it! Only other terms terms I've heard are more specific, referring to the fuels derivation like biodiesel or petrodiesel, or occasionally people using the term DERV for the fuel used by Diesel Engined Road Vehicles.

Scottie
16th March 2006, 07:16 PM
depend what country you stay in ie Europe call it Gasoline we here Diesel but branded for resale i.e BP = ULSD = Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel or Shell = Pura

sleepyrascal
16th March 2006, 07:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Ok. Cheers.

I'll give them a quick ring tomorrow. Like you say - one phone call.

Cheers.:D

BTW, what are you doing up at this time of night young man? Get right to your bed NOW!:D

I'm was doing uni work. 1am is like lunch time for me :D

Job interview on Monday, a big one, so i'm rushing to get things organised for it.

AndyP & Lenore
16th March 2006, 08:39 PM

Andy P and Scottie.....tried typing in the orginal Lisence Number of your X and Coop before you chaged the plates over? Maybe it just has porblems reconising privtae plates, and they dont update that part fo the database often (although 3 years is taking the piss!!)

As for my old mans car, we ordered it april, then got it august, not december.....defo one of those things u can't explain!!

The X was first registered with our current personal plate. So was our Merc beforehand. The Honda was the only car that had a normal plate, transfered to our personal plate.

euan
17th March 2006, 06:51 PM
Hmm, my private plate doesn't even show up!

Anyone seen my old S? SO03 HKH, EB/W Cooper S? I've no idea where my old coop went, can't even remember the plate of the damn thing.

ianking
17th March 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Euan
I presume your old car SO03HKH was registered at eastern about june 03. As you are only 1 car before my old mini. It was SO03HKJ

euan
19th March 2006, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Hi Euan
I presume your old car SO03HKH was registered at eastern about june 03. As you are only 1 car before my old mini. It was SO03HKJ

It was indeed, how random!

Gismo
19th March 2006, 08:45 PM
I went to check my reg, but the link doesn't work for me :evil:

craigcooperSworks
20th March 2006, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Does anybody know of a red mini one with a pretty basic spec that was registered SM52 UGA. If so I am just being nosey. I got it new but it was written off 4 months after and I saw it at Thompsons of Galashiels breakers. They sold it to someone who was going to rebuild it.

When you were at Thompsons breakers, you never happened to see a grey cooper S Works, reg SO02 SPV did you??? Every panel dented and roof caved in- that's my old baby!! Oh i miss it. :(:(

Mind you it could be sitting on many different parts shelves in bits!!

ianking
20th March 2006, 09:53 PM
It was ages ago that my mini was there. It died in may 2003 and i saw it there the month after before they sold it. I was in recently and asked them if they had any new minis as i was just going to see if there were any bits i could get that would be extras for my mini but the un helpfull and rather rude guy at the desk said no weve never had any of them here. And i replied , thats funny I saw my old car here on your big scaffolding system recently.