PDA

View Full Version : Clock

N12 JLK
13th March 2006, 05:17 AM
I know this is a small stupid thing. But does anyone's digital clock run couple of minutes fast each week?

No matter how many times I change it, it still skips forward after a few days.

Mini one was the same.

3GGG
13th March 2006, 05:55 AM
Mine used to go slow, I got it replaced under warranty and it is quite a bit better though nowhere near perfect.

Mark R
13th March 2006, 08:32 AM
I heard there is a fix for that. Was mentioned in MotoringFile (http://www.motoringfile.com)'s Ask A Service Advisor bit recently.

feefabelle
13th March 2006, 09:15 AM
I have the same problem grrrr!!! :mad:

Mark R
13th March 2006, 10:00 AM
Here is the quote since I had a moment to find it since the last post.

quote:
Center Clock Runs Fast

Recently I have seen more than a few late model (’05-’06) MINI’s which have a clock that will run fast by about 7 to 10 minutes per month. I have only seen this on cars with the large center speedometer not the chrono-pack or navigation unit. Only a small percentage of MINI’s seem to be effected, but there is a fix. The center cluster will need to be swapped out for a new one and that should do the trick.

Hope that helps you out.

Smitty
13th March 2006, 09:28 PM
Yup, got the same problem, been meaning to contact the dealer about it.

Sweeney
14th March 2006, 03:07 AM
mines fine just now, but the first night it sat in the garage after driving it about it stopped for 2hours and 13 mins, tried setting and resetting wouldn't "tick" as such, then after that amount from first fookin up it went to the correct time on its own. baffled me but hasn't been a problem since

Crombers
16th March 2006, 10:00 PM
Use yer wrist watch :p;)

N12 JLK
18th March 2006, 04:46 PM
Cheers for the advise everyone. Might mention it when it goes in for a service.