PDA

View Full Version : ASBO. Part 2

Sheilz
11th March 2006, 07:57 PM
Did any one read about the totally respectable couple in their 60's who were given an ASBO for feeding the birds in their garden? The neighbours complained about the bird droppings. Evidently the condition of the ASBO is that the woman must not feed the birds but the husband can! I believe they were gutted about this happening to them and are going to sell up their home because of it. I dont think ASBOs were ever intended for this. Not when you consider the appalling behaviour and nuisance value of many people who appear to be able to do what they like in the community with no comeback at all. Not without comparison to Speed Camera P2 thread.

3GGG
12th March 2006, 03:56 AM
The problem with this particular woman was that she went totally OTT in feeding the birds, attracting loads of seagulls and pigeons into the area which were fouling all the neighbour's washing, cars, windows etc. Fair enough putting some peanuts out for the sparrows, but not going overboard to extent of attracting such large numbers of noisy messy things. I'm sure you wouldn't like your cars cr****d on by gulls every night.
The ASBO was the last resort that the neighbours had, they had been trying to get her to stop this for years.

Sheilz
13th March 2006, 05:35 AM
Didnt realise it had been that bad. Colleagues were speaking about it at work and truth sounded as if this couple, a little eccentric perhaps, had nothing on some of the people we come into contact with. Seems a bit daft putting it on one and not them both since the mannie can keep feeding the birds for his wife.

3GGG
13th March 2006, 06:07 AM
Aye, I have an ex colleague that lives close to that place so I got the story from the horse's mouth so to speak. Apparently the woman also had a habit of taking rubbish out of folk's bins to feed the seagulls - yuck!

Sheilz
13th March 2006, 06:53 AM
Bit cheeky raking in other folks buckets!:eek::D