PDA

View Full Version : Super Unleaded

N12 JLK
11th March 2006, 05:01 AM
Yes I know this has been discussed before but cant really remember if it has any benifit. Ive got an 05 cooper and have over the past 2 weeks started to put super unleaded in the car, am I just wasting my money and should I go back to standard juice:question:

Gismo
11th March 2006, 08:02 AM
You can only really tell by checking the mileage, the fuel is more expensive but you're supposed to get better MPG, so, in the long run it should pay for itself ;)
One way would be to get a better fuel map that takes into account the higher RON rating, but, that's a more costly approach

monkimagic
11th March 2006, 09:20 PM
I used to but I dont bother with it anymore as I could never tell the difference, I dont get super market petrol though, a friend put petrol in his Ninja from Asda which had water in it. He went back to them and explained what had happened and they told him it was nothing to do with them unless he could prove it was definatly thier petrol.

I just put in at BP as its closest

Neil and Lorna
11th March 2006, 10:40 PM
Makes a difference to the Works Cooper s and to the Lexus.

Better performance and slightly higher MPG.:)

I use mainly Esso Supreme as Optimax isn't available near us.

Neil.:D

redpoint rallying
11th March 2006, 11:48 PM
Ditto....its magic stuff in the Works 'S'. I also use it in the rally car....makes everything much sharper and crisper..

M

lightbody
15th March 2006, 07:49 AM
I think I notice a difference with it.

Plus something odd - when I *stopped* using it recently, the car started making a ticking sound (tappety - like knitting needles!). Not sure if its connected or not...?