PDA

View Full Version : Missing MINI but it's not all bad - Now with pics

The Dogfather
10th March 2006, 07:02 AM
Well the MINI went on Tuesday Night and it has been missed. A few people have commented on is departure, most shocked because everyone knew how much it meant to me.:(

I set my heart on a 2007 traveller, probably a diesel in cooper spec. Thats if it ever comes out. Minime I expect progress reports ;)

The MX5 is a great little car, every bit as good as the MINI as a drivers car, communicates just like the MINI did, it just has a different accent so I'm still learning its limits. Already had a couple of powerslide coming out of wet roundabouts, easy to control without any major drama.

The interior is a bit drab but it will be brighted up with some chrome over the coming months. The view over the power bulge on the bonnet is like driving a capri.

I'll already drawn up a shopping list so it won't be standard for long.

At the moment I'm very pleased with the MX5 and would strongly recommend one to anyone who's not too tall as it's a tight fit in the cabin.

Just added a pipercross air filter [BIG GRIN!]

As promised some photos:-

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7513/dscf04604sx.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9951/dscf04675ft.jpg
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5634/dscf04645pb.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/7403/dscf04695ay.jpg:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sh@z
10th March 2006, 08:23 AM
quote:The interior is a bit drab but it will be brighted up with some chrome over the coming months.

OH NO DONT CHROME THE INTERIOR... OH DEAR GOD!

quote:The view over the power bulge on the bonnet is like driving a capri.

Surprised you can see over it mate (thought id get it in 1st before anyone else)

Glad your liking the new motor mate, welcome to the mazda club, thats 3 of us now, newmazdascotland.com ahoy!

sleepyrascal
10th March 2006, 08:38 AM
Sounds good Paul.... well, until you mentioned someting about chrome on the inside..??? NOOOOO!!!

Hope your enjoying the new car!! Have you had the roof down yet?

broken_brian
10th March 2006, 09:58 AM
<coughhairdressercough>

i suppose it matches the new name though :clown:

The Dogfather
10th March 2006, 04:58 PM
Subtle chrome, like a few switch surrounds that's all, just to break up the black......

And maybe summat like this

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/images/nc1035.jpg

bpirie1000
10th March 2006, 05:13 PM
Subtly Chrome..

Chrome dome on order then.

Hee hee

Glad your enjoying the mx but the snow will be the breaking point.

Hee hee

euan
10th March 2006, 06:01 PM
I have to be honest, I've always liked the hairdresser cars :eek:

A mate of mine had a BRG MX5 which had cream leather, wood steering wheel etc - was a bit ott for me but very nice. Steering wheel was FREEZING in winter though!

Crombers
10th March 2006, 06:28 PM
I like MX5's :approve:

All the best VB (erm, that does'ny sound too good!)

3GGG
12th March 2006, 03:46 AM
Nice car indeed :)

Either you have a very long drive or the planet you live on has monoblocked roads and tarmac driveways. Nice. :cool:

Burple
12th March 2006, 03:55 AM
Lookin good young man :p:cool:

And look at Elliot in his important seat with daddy! :D:D:p:p:clown:

AeroJonny
12th March 2006, 04:39 AM
Nice car VB! Red...good choice!!! ;)

zimbo
12th March 2006, 06:10 AM
Well VB your dog doesnt look too impressed with the car in that second picture :D :p

The Dogfather
12th March 2006, 07:32 AM
We were trying to get him to look at the camera but as usual he'd found summat else to look at...

He didn't really like the MX5 as he kept slipping on the leather seat when we went out for a drive. I thought he'd love bombing along with the roof down but no.

Still he's spoilt he has the whole of an omega back seat to himself normally :D

monkimagic
12th March 2006, 11:12 AM
Bit cold for the roof down Paul, keep that coat zipped up until summer

Looks very cool though

Monki

The Dogfather
12th March 2006, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Bit cold for the roof down Paul, keep that coat zipped up until summer

Looks very cool though

Monki

Actually with the heaters and heated seats on if OK even down to -5C..:D:D:D:D

Crombers
14th March 2006, 07:46 PM
Hey nice one Paul :approve:. See you've got the post Autumn 01 model with the 16" boots & fogs as standard. Is it the 1.8 Sport :question: Take it you've got leather as well :question:

The Dogfather
14th March 2006, 08:34 PM
Yup, 1.8s so leather and heated seats. It's got the 6 speed box as well.....

lightbody
15th March 2006, 08:05 AM
I sold my MX-5 to get my first MINI. I still miss it. It was a great car and it always felt special to get into.

HOWEVER ultimately not as much fun in my view due to the ability for it to bite back - which ultimately happened when I crashed it on a greasy road. I'm not the ultimate driver and the MINI is more fun at the limit (in my hands anyway!). I only ever enjoyed the MX on a dry road. THe MINI is more chuckable and 'squirty'.

Don't bling it up though - they suit being left plain & simple - its a lovely straightforward classic shape rather than the overdone retro thing the MINI does.

Enjoy!

lightbody
15th March 2006, 08:07 AM
Oh - and another thing! TOP TIP - its LESS breezy inside with the windows DOWN!! They designed it that way.

I recommend buying Brian Long's book so you can understand the design fully! It made me enjoy mine more.

Big Col
15th March 2006, 04:33 PM
OR you could give the book to 'im since you have a MINI now and don't need it. ;):D:clown:

The Dogfather
15th March 2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the tip Rob, windows down in future.

BTW you're right about the handling it's already had a couple of nibbles nothing too serious just a couple of slides powering out of roundabouts when wet...... I agree the MINI is safer and easier to find the limit but I think the MX5 will be more rewarding when I'm used to it.