PDA

View Full Version : calling MMM or Gaj or BS

Scottie
9th March 2006, 06:31 AM
have you noticed what's happening on Mini2 look like we are getting a bit drawn into it now. well sort of in a way.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111852

I still post on Mini2 and go on there for alot of info I reckon Paul Mullet and mods are coming under a lot of fire.

Jeez some of the guys on there takes thing serious. I've had a few great reads on the site recently with what is happening between SCNM and Mini2

duncan
9th March 2006, 06:57 AM
Very interesting.
I've not been on M2 for a few weeks, but even then, never knew it was developing into this.

sleepyrascal
9th March 2006, 07:19 AM
bloody hell. She has to much time on her hands!

Burple
9th March 2006, 08:47 AM
Riiight, so she slags people off about starting their own forums, then does it herself.. hmm.

I know she's been around the scene a while and was even on a Cullen run with us, but I dodn't think I ever met her..

Not been on Mini2 for a bit either
.. so I can't really comment

..ah.. well apart from above ;)

Gismo
9th March 2006, 06:32 PM
Well, i have not been on Mini2 for a wee while, but log on every now and then, i'm staggered at this, i've also read other threads, like this one from Soggy (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111728)
Just shows what a tremendous spirit we currently enjoy on NMS :)

Crombers
9th March 2006, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Just shows what a tremendous spirit we currently enjoy on NMS :)

What BS says :approve:

GAJ
9th March 2006, 07:12 PM
I don't see how any of this has anything to do with NMS. Leave them to it and don't get involved would be my advice.

Smitty
9th March 2006, 07:19 PM
Seems to me they take things far too seriusly, cuz at the end of the day its only a forum.:p

I log in regualry to two forums, including this one, but they don't ruke my life, seems as if some of these ppl are gettin to caught up in it!:dead::blackeye:

Wul
9th March 2006, 07:21 PM
Sheesh - makes any of our wee indescretions look positively tame!

sh@z
9th March 2006, 07:55 PM
lol, what the hell is that all about, i've not been on mini2 for over a year due to the clique nature or it and peoples attitudes on there... couldnae be bothered tbh.

Can someone summarise... and yes i did read the whole mammoth of a post that she made... lol!

edit: Just read the post by Soggy... BLOODY ELL... what a bunch of losers lol

Fontal
9th March 2006, 08:20 PM
I remember when MINI2 was started and you could read every new post in one sitting, it used to be a great place but it just got too big IMHO.

Burple
9th March 2006, 09:01 PM
Didn't know what to think at first, but the more I read about it, the more it seems liekthere were a couple of people out to cause trouble, and they succeeded.

I feel I need to add a bit about Dora's post as to why not so many NMS member frequent Mini2 any more..
I'm sure everyone has their own reasons, but I'm sure a few are similar to mine -
-It's getting too big to keep up with (Mini2)
-Most of the Runs organised on Mini2 are WAAAY down south, which is fine if you live around Birmingham and further south. 800 mile round trips for a run are not unusual for any of us to achieve, not to mention the extra fuel / lodgings costs.
-I *did* meet a bunch of Mini2'ers at Mini in the Park (03 I think) and I found their area and tried to make myself known, put names to faces , to have a chat - and was promptly ignored. We ended up spending most of the weekend with the Mintax (Ayrshire area classic owners) club, and had a blast
:D
Like I say, only my personal reasons.

There seems to be an awful lot of 'holier than thou' remarks made in the first part of the above, whilst the second is trying to restore order. I hope Soggy and the guys can keep it together. It would be a real shame to see all their efforts(and those of all other active members) flushed away by bickering and personal agendas.

In other news..
Damn, we're awesome ;) Glad to be amongst a bunch of fine (relatively) sane and stable personalities up here. Oh the banter! :D

Smurf
9th March 2006, 09:15 PM
Anyone feel like summarising for me?

I'm not a member of MINI2 so can't read the threads..... :I

duncan
9th March 2006, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

-Most of the Runs organised on Mini2 are WAAAY down south, which is fine if you live around Birmingham and further south. 800 mile round trips for a run are not unusual for any of us to achieve, not to mention the extra fuel / lodgings costs.

You have a point there, Ewan.
However, the early Scottish Runs were organised on M2, and it was only after, I think, the Run from Montrose to Aberdeen/Dyce, way back in the mists of early 2003, which was when NMS took off, that the vast majority of Scottish Runs were organised here. It was only really Cullen, that I can remember being advertised on M2.

Infact, if you go to the NMS Homepage, it sums it up nicely:-
"The Scottish New MINI Club was founded by a group of MINI enthusiasts who met through various runs and meetings arranged on the MINI2.COM website."

duncan
9th March 2006, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Toys out cradle. Folk on the wind up, Mods deleted posts, and folk taking exception, people getting too carried away with things.

Better left out of it, and let them get on with it, as has been said earlier.

Crombers
9th March 2006, 09:35 PM

We are all gorgeous :approve:;)

minidriver#1
9th March 2006, 09:56 PM
I dont think Dora was having a dig at NMS users, i think she was actually encouraging NMW and our community site to reinforce her argument against the failures of Mini2.

I've met Dora and found her to be a very nice person indeed. The reason i dont go on mini2.com is because its full of pretentious ******s.

Big Col
9th March 2006, 09:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
I've met Dora and found her to be a very nice person indeed. The reason i dont go on mini2.com is because its full of pretentious ******s.

Yeah and you much prefer to be unique on here don't you mate! :D;):clown:

Note: I'm only kidding man! For god's sake don't launch into a flame. :)

Burple
9th March 2006, 10:10 PM
quote:

You have a point there, Ewan.
However, the early Scottish Runs were organised on M2, and it was only after, I think, the Run from Montrose to Aberdeen/Dyce, way back in the mists of early 2003, which was when NMS took off, that the vast majority of Scottish Runs were organised here. It was only really Cullen, that I can remember being advertised on M2.

Infact, if you go to the NMS Homepage, it sums it up nicely:-
"The Scottish New MINI Club was founded by a group of MINI enthusiasts who met through various runs and meetings arranged on the MINI2.COM website."

That's pretty much it! MINI2 was the only place available really to organise things, so that's where it happened, till our own sparkly fluffy NMS took off. It's a lot less hassle for us, and they don't have us on Mini2 hassling them about why all the runs start so far away from us :D
I'm not complaing about any of it, but when something like Mini2 gets so big and international, then things like this will happen. It's pretty much unavoidable.
Like you said Duncan, it's best letting them get on with it, it doesn't need any more stirring up.

Burple
9th March 2006, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

We are all gorgeous :approve:;)

Wow.. you're good at this! And soooo right!:I:D:D:D:clown:

minidriver#1
9th March 2006, 10:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Yeah and you much prefer to be unique on here don't you mate! :D;):clown:

Note: I'm only kidding man! For god's sake don't launch into a flame. :)

Haha. Nah, i was probably a bit harsh with that statement, its just hard to get involved over there because its so cliquey and there is an almost elitest attitude amongs some of the moderators.

miniscot00
9th March 2006, 10:58 PM
I think we know where Dora is coming from - let's just not go there.

NMS exists so we don't have to get embroiled in the petty squabbles that seem to be a regular occurence on M2. Something Dora was kind enought to point out ;) Good luck to her - she's a nice person.

Wul
10th March 2006, 07:32 PM
I've still got the wee fluffy apple thingy she handed out at the Cullen run somewhere! :D

Crombers
10th March 2006, 09:02 PM

The reason i dont go on mini2.com is because its full of pretentious ******s.

Don't you hold back there now KJ :p;)

sleepyrascal
10th March 2006, 09:44 PM
MINI2 can do things that Newminiscotland, by its very nature, will probably never acheive, and that is it has the ability to reach a significant audience outside of Scotland. But I don't think NMS ever intended to acheive global domination, right? This is why I used MINI2 to promote my recent aero kit group buy. It is also uselful for buying and selling.

MINI2 is very busy, and I think you have to be fairly clued up on the workings of forums to get the best out of it.

Could this be the beginning of the end for MINI2????

If I was a lesser man i'd be in the process of setting up a MINI2 rival... :eek:;)

www.newminiworld.com (this is a made-up name)
a multi cultural, multi lingual nerve centre for the worldwide MINI community.:D:D

N12 JLK
11th March 2006, 05:19 AM
Cant read any of the links to the mini2 site but who cares, I love everyone :kiss: ,BIG GROUP HUG TO ALL AT NMS, BIG SQUEEZIES MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:)

Burple
11th March 2006, 05:23 AM
quote:

www.newminiworld.com (this is a made-up name)
a multi cultural, multi lingual nerve centre for the worldwide MINI community.:D:D

Here..knock it off! I can hear your frantic moustache-twirling from here! ;):D:D:p:p:p

Bwwwaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....