PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox

Lynsey
9th March 2006, 04:59 AM
Ok is it just me or does anyone else have problems with their gearbox. Reverse gear in particular is a bit dodgy, i can have the clutch right down and it still makes a noise! Bit concerned!
Anyone else?

Big Gordy
9th March 2006, 05:05 AM
Mine sometimes doesn't like going into reverse:mad: I think first fix is a new cable with the second fix being a new gearbox:eek: Its been behaving itself recently though....touch wood:blackeye: :p:D:approve:

sleepyrascal
9th March 2006, 06:53 AM
The reverse gear in the MINI isn't syncromesh so you may sometimes have to roll the car a cm forward or back to get it into reverse.

That aside, the gearboxes have the integrity of a sloppy bannana which is why I have had two new boxes fitted in the past month.

AN03REW
9th March 2006, 07:12 AM
I alwas put it into 1st gear then reverse. Never crunches when I do that.

AeroJonny
9th March 2006, 08:10 AM
it seems to work if i let the clutch out a tiny bit as i put it into reverse, can't be gud 4 the mowta!

Big Col
9th March 2006, 04:07 PM
I always let the clutch out a wee bit too but I'll give putting it in 1st then reverse and see if that makes a difference. :)

Craig
9th March 2006, 04:40 PM
lynsey, it is a "feature" of the gearbox I was told.... I'll have a chat with you on Sunday about it.. :D

Lynsey
10th March 2006, 05:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

lynsey, it is a "feature" of the gearbox I was told.... I'll have a chat with you on Sunday about it.. :D

"Feature" well thats a new one!!!

Crombers
10th March 2006, 06:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

I alwas put it into 1st gear then reverse. Never crunches when I do that.

What he said :approve:

feefabelle
17th March 2006, 03:35 AM
I have the same prob, someone told me to put the clutch down and wait for 3 seconds before you put it in reverse, works for me, but not so good if your trying to get a quick get-away or forget <CRUNCH>! Another of minis little features! AHEM!!

aimee_s
17th March 2006, 06:30 AM
yeh i hav this issue too....will give both suggestions a try tho-its very annoying, esp when theres heaps of people around and you CRUNCH into reverse-you want to stick your head out the window and say-IT ALWAYS MAKES THAT NOISE!!!