sleepyrascal
8th March 2006, 08:14 PM
http://cars.msn.co.uk/pidl/108199784/ctr13.jpg

http://cars.msn.co.uk/pidl/108199784/ctr21.jpg

Burple
8th March 2006, 08:33 PM
Wow!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:
That's an awesome looking car!

Nearly tasty enough for me to sell my Mini soul to!!
Nearly, I said ;);):D:D:p:p

Big Col
8th March 2006, 08:42 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

jayex
8th March 2006, 08:42 PM
Looks like its snarling at the front :eek:.. Nice tho !

Scottie
8th March 2006, 08:46 PM
but it's a Jap;):)

duncan
8th March 2006, 09:00 PM
I'd go with the Focus ST. And not in Yellow either, its not a Council van after all. ;):p

Crombers
8th March 2006, 09:07 PM
Good ish looking & like the style of the indicators on the wing mirrors. Futuristic looking car & probably the best of the latest offerings,

BUT

It ain't a MINI :approve:

Burple
8th March 2006, 09:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I'd go with the Focus ST. And not in Yellow either, its not a Council van after all. ;):p

But having seen an ST up close...
They look really cheap and clunky lumps of plastic...
Even te alloys look like they're plastic when you get up close ;):D:I

duncan
8th March 2006, 09:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by duncan

But having seen an ST up close...
They look really cheap and clunky lumps of plastic...
Even te alloys look like they're plastic when you get up close ;):D:I

Seen the ST close up too. Colleague has one.
Prefer the looks of the ST to the Honda. The front end, especially on the normal Civics looks awful.

Plus the Focus has that nice Volvo T5 engine :)

monkimagic
8th March 2006, 09:13 PM
Could that car be anymore ugly:dead:, seeing these in the flesh, they are gastly, sorry folks but its a bad styling design move by Honda.

However its gonna be a cracking drive ;)

Wul
8th March 2006, 09:37 PM
looks a bit like a jaggy ford puma! :clown:

The Dogfather
8th March 2006, 09:49 PM
Same power output as the last Type R, so unless they've managed to loose some weight the VXR and ST will leave it for dead on the straight :(

Big Col
8th March 2006, 09:56 PM
If you can keep the VXR on the straight that is.

euan
8th March 2006, 10:37 PM
I like it, at least it's different. Would have to be in black though.

AeroJonny
8th March 2006, 10:49 PM
It's a pug 206 on designer steroids!!!! :D;)

sleepyrascal
8th March 2006, 11:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Same power output as the last Type R, so unless they've managed to loose some weight the VXR and ST will leave it for dead on the straight :(

Same power output in bhp, but torque is different and the power is delivered differently thanks to a new engine set up.

These pictures are 'conceptual' but a very strong indication to what the real thing will look like. The bodykit will be slightly different,. the alloys will be 18" not 20" etc

zimbo
9th March 2006, 12:29 AM
I like it :D Seen some pics of it in an Orange colour & that looks really nice with titanium/black alloys... Mmmm:p

Sheilz
9th March 2006, 05:42 AM
I love it! Front styling a vast improvement on current model. Agree from the front they're not the bonniest. But great car to drive. Ours is an 02 plate so even less pretty than newer models. When I'm out with specy and pass these cars on the A90 I KNOW they're just play with me. If I was forced to chose I'd still pick specy though coz he turns heads.:D:D:D

Laura
9th March 2006, 06:20 PM
I like the old one better that is just ungly! :dead:

sh@z
9th March 2006, 07:53 PM
Me too, this looks too much like a halfords botch job to me, the old one was subtle and looked good, this one is just way OTT. Every time i see a current shape Civic i have to ask myself what they were thinking when designing it.

sleepyrascal
9th March 2006, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Me too, this looks too much like a halfords botch job to me, the old one was subtle and looked good, this one is just way OTT. Every time i see a current shape Civic i have to ask myself what they were thinking when designing it.

I need to say again...

This was for the geneva motorshow and has a bodykit and wheels which wont be on the production car. Plus imagine this in Black!! LOVELY!

I must admit, the look of the car is a bit on the 'to fast to furious' side!

duncan
9th March 2006, 08:30 PM
Its the big glass lights/grille thing on the current "normal" Civic that looks awful.

Its like its trying to look like one of those space age electric cars that used to be on Tomorrows World in the late 80's

euan
9th March 2006, 09:01 PM
The front of the normal Civic reminds me of the cylons from Battlestar Gallatica....

Duncan Stewart
9th March 2006, 09:39 PM
:D Wild looking beast, but I bet a Mini is better in the corners ;)