PDA

View Full Version : K&N Filters

ianking
8th March 2006, 12:35 AM
Can anyone tell me if the straight forward panel filter K&N is any good. Got a 2005 cooper and just wondered if fitting a panel K&N would make the car sound a little deeper and if it made the throttle any more responsive without burning through too much fuel.

The Dogfather
8th March 2006, 03:29 AM
Panel filter wouldn't make difference, unless of course you drill airholes in the bottom bit of the airbox (John Barrie style mod)

ajamesj
8th March 2006, 04:51 AM
I have An element on order for my Cooper S so will let u know if it makes any difference only reason Iam replacing mine is because the std element is really dirty.

Andy

Mini Me
8th March 2006, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Can anyone tell me if the straight forward panel filter K&N is any good. Got a 2005 cooper and just wondered if fitting a panel K&N would make the car sound a little deeper and if it made the throttle any more responsive without burning through too much fuel.

i shall pretend i didn't see this:eek:;)

Craig
8th March 2006, 05:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Panel filter wouldn't make difference, unless of course you drill airholes in the bottom bit of the airbox (John Barrie style mod)

I beg to differ young Vidal.... I had the panel filter and although it didn't make the any deeper sound, it was better on the throttle response... :D

duncan
8th March 2006, 05:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

A replacement panel shouldnt invalidate the warranty though.

The Dogfather
8th March 2006, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I beg to differ young Vidal.... I had the panel filter and although it didn't make the any deeper sound, it was better on the throttle response... :D

:II was only reffering to the noise, why else would you change it :p

Wul
8th March 2006, 04:38 PM
I can concur - the K&N panel filter i had in my last cooper never made any difference in sound but did improve the throttle response slightly.

N12 JLK
11th March 2006, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Just replace the filter and change it back before your service, You didnt read that minime!!;)

AeroJonny
12th March 2006, 04:29 AM
I'm gettin a minimania panel filter and an ultrik cold air intake too, cant wait!!!