PDA

View Full Version : Movie Meats! A Mission: Impossible Sun7th May 2006

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 01:08 AM
Good Morning Mr Hunt..... Your mission should you choose to accept it.....:eek:

As the action/thriller movie buffs amongst us will already know, Mission Impossible III hits the big screen on Thursday 4th May.:D

Following the successful movie trip at Christmas (organised by our partner-in-crime CraigD);) we've decided to organise another trip to the movies.

So, the Mission is:

Run Date: Sunday 7th May
Gather at Stirling Services/Hermiston Gate - a wee drive down to Galashiels via Peebles. Lunch organised at a local eatery. Early evening (5pm-ish)performance of Mission Impossible III.

Mission Impossible III has been rated 12A so children under 12 can be admitted but must be accompanied by an adult over 18.

We will need to charge an admission:disapprove:. I'd love to admit everyone free, but if the distributors caught us, we'd have the film taken off us:eek:. But I can discount everyone to child price:D. So that will just be £3.50 each. Bargain!:D:cool::D

Of course, there will still be the heavilly overpriced rip-off reasonably priced and tasty popcorn, drinks & sweets on offer:D:D.

A few details still to be sorted, and CraigD has kindly offered to organise the route from the Central Belt to the Borders.:approve:

Update Monday 10th April: Lunch organised.

We've booked a few tables at RAMBLERS COFFEE SHOP within Castle Warehouse in Peebles for lunch at approx 1pm. Lenore and I are regular Ramblers customers and we have always been delighted with thier service and quality of food. The menu ranges from the traditional coffee-shop fayre, soup and sandwich/toastie through to panini's, baked potatoes and a couple of kick-ass fuel-for-the-day plate-filled all day breakfasts. They also usually have a couple of "specials" on the go too.

To be fair to Ramblers, I need to give as accurate a number as possible. So could I please ask that all "runners" let me know if they will be lunching at our chosen location or not. Cheers.

Update: Tuesday 25th April: Route and timings sorted.

Ok peeps... Meet at Hermiston Gate Retail Park, Edinburgh at 11:30am for a 12:00noon departure. Along the city bypass, onto the A702 down to West Linton. Accross country to Peebles via Romano Bridge. Lunch at Ramblers Coffee Shop at 1PM. Ramblers wanted us to pre-order!:eek: I told them this was not really possible so they relented on the understanding that it may take a wee while to get everybody served. So if you're waiting 30 mins for your toastie, it's a trade off on pre-ordering a couple of days prior to the run.:) After lunch it's off to Galashiels on the back roads to Innerleithen then up to the A7 and down into Gala. Car parking is still being looked into as Gala is undergoing a huge change to it's road system at the moment. But we will have parking sorted by the run day. We should arrive in Gala around 4.30 to 4.45 ish, giving you plenty of time to stock up on popcorn and drinks, at the cinema sweetie counter! The film should kick off around 5.00pm to 5.30pm - this time is still to be set. The film is 2hrs 5mins so you're looking at a 7 to 7.30 end. More info as and when I have it. Basic route notes will be available for download from Monday 1st May.

Download Route Notes Here (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/mission_imp3_run_07-05-06.pdf)

So.... who's up for a Mission to the Movies:question:

1. Andrew & Lenore + Lunch
2. Neil & Lorna + Lunch
3. CraigD & Jude + Lunch
4. Mark R (only going as far as peebles - no lunch, no movie!)
5. Big Col (maybe)
6. Jason & Lesley (Will be searched at door for video cameras, crisps & Butterkist from Tesco's!!;):blackeye:) + Lunch
7. Ian King + Lunch
8. Crombers

Scottie
7th March 2006, 01:34 AM
can we bring our own grub to eat in the cinema????;):p

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 02:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

can we bring our own grub to eat in the cinema????;):p

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/tsk.gif There's always one.

To answer your question: NO!

Mark R
7th March 2006, 03:40 AM
Put me down for definite one with a maybe +1 please.

Big Col
7th March 2006, 04:26 AM
Ooh I get the impression Andy's just found a smilies site. :D

Don't worrie SC, he's bound to have an NMS discount! ;)

I'll be up for this if I aint working mate.

N12 JLK
7th March 2006, 04:33 AM
Put Jason and Lesley down please, Can I bring my video camera;)and do you have a tescos near as we may have to buy crisps ect before going in:D:D:D:D

Big Col
7th March 2006, 04:42 AM
Thank yoooooooooooooooou very much for organising this by the way Andy. We should probably get that in before the rest of the smart a$$ comments roll out. :)]

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 04:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Thank yoooooooooooooooou very much for organising this by the way Andy. We should probably get that in before the rest of the smart a$$ comments roll out. :)]

Nae probs.:D

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 05:19 AM

I get them from www.x5world.com :D

Sorry. No discount on filmfood. Something has to pay for the Mini's, the X5, rent/rates, heat/light, staff, food, roof over our heads, food, council tax, my mortgage, food.... did I mention food?;)

Scottie
7th March 2006, 05:49 AM

I bring some tuna sannies.:D:p

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 06:27 AM

Fiona, are you actually coming on the run? Or are you just trying to wind me up getting your own back after the US import DVD scandal of Friday night?;)

Scottie
7th March 2006, 06:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Fiona, are you actually coming on the run? Or are you just trying to wind me up getting your own back after the US import DVD scandal of Friday night?;)

I'm coming and I'm going to leave a haddock under one of your seats:p:blackeye:;)

Big Col
7th March 2006, 06:54 AM
Oh sure THAT'S what the fishy smell will be coming from your sea...<ponders>...<bottle crashes>...never mind. :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 06:55 AM

I'm coming and I'm going to leave a haddock under one of your seats:p:blackeye:;)

Thats cool you are coming Fiona.

<Clears Throat!> All patrons please note: The Management reserve the right to refuse entry without reason at any time, including anyone suspected of smuggling sweets (Lesley & Jason) or smelly fish (Scotticoop).;):D

ianking
7th March 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi Andy

Put me and Sarah down for that. Sounds good.

Ian

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 06:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Hi Andy

Put me and Sarah down for that. Sounds good.

Ian

Tis done.:D

Mini Me
7th March 2006, 06:13 PM
[v][v][v] i will have a weekend off one day....................[v][v]

Smurf
7th March 2006, 06:54 PM
I was going to speak to the other half about this, and see what he said before replying. But I KNOW what he'll say...... "aye, whatever.." :D

So stick us down for this - sounds like a good one. :cool:
(Even if it's not The Italian Job... :blackeye::p:D )

Crombers
7th March 2006, 06:55 PM
What were Missions 1 & 2 like then :question:

Should I watch them before attending Mission 3

(no I do not go to the flicks very often)

Andy , stick me down for this un please ;)

Wul
7th March 2006, 07:21 PM
Andy - stick me and the missus down as mebbes for this one too please.

<Wul totters off to tell the missus the film is love actually 2:p>

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 07:33 PM
Smurf, Crombers & Wul, you're all added.

Special conditions imposed on Crombers;) See first post.;):D

Crombers
7th March 2006, 09:58 PM

Aw man !! this is no fair :(

Run does look a belter mind you :p

Crombers
7th March 2006, 10:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

[quote]Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

You organising the 2007 "Ring" Run then :question::p;)

Duncan Stewart
8th March 2006, 01:41 AM
Great idea Andy. Count in Helen and I. Cheers :D

weefossy
13th March 2006, 05:27 AM
Andy, can we come please? Is it a return to the Chinese restaurant....Sioban wants to be a "lady" one more time!!

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2006, 06:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Andy, can we come please? Is it a return to the Chinese restaurant....Sioban wants to be a "lady" one more time!!

Thats you added Maloclm.:D As for dinner not sure where that will be yet.

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2006, 09:55 AM

What were Missions 1 & 2 like then :question:

Should I watch them before attending Mission 3

Andy , stick me down for this un please ;)

Missed answering this ages ago.. sorry Crombers...

Mission 1 was fantastic. Great acting from cheeseygrinman, great story and a great score. The final 20 mins just blows you away. Will say no more in case you do watch it. Highly recommended.

Mission 2 was frankly dull. It was a John Woo film and the more John Woo films I see the more I realise he insists on putting his trademark man_jumping_through_air_shooting_with_both_hands_w ith_huge_explosion_in_background. All in slow-mo of course. Uninteresting story. And what is up with cheesygrinman's hair do? Sponsored by Wella - 'cos he's worth it. I'd give No 2 a miss unless you've nothing better planned. I doubt you'll miss anything.

A

Neil and Lorna
13th March 2006, 07:23 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

markyc
14th March 2006, 03:20 AM
Marky boy is a defo for this one :D The hospitality the last time was fabby and the grub counter prices were excellent <sure someone said they would be cheaper this time> :eek::p:dead:;)

markyc
14th March 2006, 08:02 AM
Hope this movie isnae as bafflin as that Harry chuffin Potter nonsense the last time (i'm still gettin therapy you know) :question::question::eek::p;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2006, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Hope this movie isnae as bafflin as that Harry chuffin Potter nonsense the last time (i'm still gettin therapy you know) :question::question::eek::p;)

I don't think it will be, it will be full of loads of action.:D

Have you seen the first one:question:

markyc
14th March 2006, 09:25 PM

I don't think it will be, it will be full of loads of action.:D

Have you seen the first one:question:

Yeh saw it the cheesygrinningone was at his best Good movie :D:D

ELFMAN
24th March 2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry, due to family commitments I can't make this one folks - I'm sure you'll have a FAB evening again. Can you just courier me a big Hot Dog (with onions, tomato sauce & mustard)? Remember, no snogging in the back row or you'll miss the plot.

Craig
24th March 2006, 12:33 AM
Borders folk don't do hot food Elfman....;) They are a funny breed..:eek::blackeye::D:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 01:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Borders folk don't do hot food Elfman....;) They are a funny breed..:eek::blackeye::D:D

WHIT !!

The flicks without a hotdog is like the footy wi nae pie'n bovril

;)

Neil and Lorna
24th March 2006, 01:21 AM

Were no funny we just cant seem to be able to give them away never mind sell them.:cool:

When we had a cinema in Dundee we could sell 20doz on a busy day.:D:D:D

Neil:)

Burple
24th March 2006, 01:40 AM
quote:
Were no funny we just cant seem to be able to give them away never mind sell them.:cool:

Really??
Which one?

(cinema.. not Hot dog :p)
:D

Neil and Lorna
24th March 2006, 01:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:

Really??
Which one?

(cinema.. not Hot dog :p)
:D

Myself and Lorna ran The Vic 1985 - 1989 until the council wanted their new road.

I hope you weren't one of the neds we had a tussel with back then.;)

Neil :D:D:D

Burple
24th March 2006, 02:04 AM
quote:
Myself and Lorna ran The Vic 1985 - 1989 until the council wanted their new road.

I hope you weren't one of the neds we had a tussel with back then.;)

Neil :D:D:D

Hell no... I only ever went a few times when I was younger. The Neds were probably why we didn't go much- besides, we had a cinema in Broughty Ferry beside us where we all went :D. I remember going to the Vic with my Gran when I was a wee laddie to see 'Never Ending Story'!! * lol :D:D:D:D:D
I think he building is all flats now, quite nice ones too!

*Eek! Just checked up NES.. made in 1984, heh, I was 12!
:I:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 02:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

'Never Ending Story'!!

Ahhhhhh , lovely wee story for a wee ickle 12 yr old

Ya Woofter !!

;):D

Neil and Lorna
24th March 2006, 02:32 AM
[/quote]

Hell no... I only ever went a few times when I was younger. The Neds were probably why we didn't go much- besides, we had a cinema in Broughty Ferry beside us where we all went :D. I remember going to the Vic with my Gran when I was a wee laddie to see 'Never Ending Story'!! * lol :D:D:D:D:D
I think he building is all flats now, quite nice ones too!

*Eek! Just checked up NES.. made in 1984, heh, I was 12!
:I:D

[/quote]

The neds we had most problems with were waiting for the bus to Whitfield which stopped just outside the front door.:blackeye::blackeye:

The building was demolished to make way for the new underpass.
The flats you talking about are further up Vicy Road.

We've many happy memories from our time in Dundee.:D:D

Neil

markyc
24th March 2006, 04:23 AM

Hee hee hee hee hee :blackeye::D (thats out entrance fee through the roof then) :eek::p:clown:;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2006, 04:31 AM

Hee hee hee hee hee :blackeye::D (thats out entrance fee through the roof then) :eek::p:clown:;)

Crombers was gonna be charged double anyway.:eek: teach him not to give up a perfectly good mini run for a fitba game. :D

AndyP & Lenore
24th March 2006, 04:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Sorry, due to family commitments I can't make this one folks - I'm sure you'll have a FAB evening again. Can you just courier me a big Hot Dog (with onions, tomato sauce & mustard)? Remember, no snogging in the back row or you'll miss the plot.

No problem Euan. if your plans change let me know.:D

Crombers
24th March 2006, 09:21 AM
[br
Crombers was gonna be charged double anyway.:eek: teach him not to give up a perfectly good mini run for a fitba game. :D

<shrugs shoulders>

When's the Ring Run :question::p

<checks CFC's fixture list :approve:)

AndyP & Lenore
10th April 2006, 11:26 PM
Front page updated with lunch details.

Could everyone please state whether they will be lunching at Ramblers or making your own plans.

Cheers.

A.

Mark R
11th April 2006, 01:34 AM
Can you put my down for lunch and remove the plus 1 please.

Craig
11th April 2006, 02:42 AM
stick me and Jude down for lunch please.... ta

N12 JLK
11th April 2006, 03:33 AM
Two more for lunch please.

AndyP & Lenore
11th April 2006, 03:35 AM
No probs, that's MarkR, Craig & Jude and Jason & Lesley all added for lunch.:D

saraandcraig
12th April 2006, 04:11 AM
hi, gutted but really dont think craig & I are gona make this one. Jed 7's on the Sat and it's never a pretty sight on the Sunday. If we do manage to stay sensible (staranger things have hapened!!!) we might join you for the film but i'll let u know via text. big thanks andy for the loan, was really good of you.

S.

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 04:12 AM
No problem Sara. Just let me know if you can make the movie on the day. And you can leave the final decision on that to the Sunday, no probs.

Cheers,

A.

Smurf
12th April 2006, 04:12 PM
Sorry to say this, guys, but we're not going to make it after all... :(

A family thing has come up. Archie's Dad needs a bit of help trailering a vintage car to Inveraray that day now.

Hopefully see you all soon though.

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Sorry to say this, guys, but we're not going to make it after all... :(

A family thing has come up. Archie's Dad needs a bit of help trailering a vintage car to Inveraray that day now.

Hopefully see you all soon though.

No probs. See you next week at Oxford.:D

Duncan Stewart
12th April 2006, 09:49 PM
add Helen and I for Lunch please :D Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
12th April 2006, 10:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

add Helen and I for Lunch please :D Thanks

Lunch added as requested young Sir.:D:D

ianking
13th April 2006, 05:57 PM
Just realised that Sarah and I will be unable to make this run. Unfortunately we have a horse show that day which is almost manditory in attendance. Very sorry to pull out but I will see you both at the factory run and also at the thistle run.
Ian

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2006, 06:08 PM
No problem Ian. You'll make it to one of our runs one of these days.:D

ianking
13th April 2006, 06:53 PM
I know. I missed your borders run last year cause I sold my blue mini just 2 weeks prior. I would have looked a bit silly on a mini run with a 120d.

Crombers
13th April 2006, 08:54 PM
I would have looked a bit silly on a mini run with a 120d.

Broons done it before :clown::p;)

N12 JLK
14th April 2006, 06:28 AM
Broons now done it 3 times and now look at him totally snookered!:(;)

Scottie
16th April 2006, 04:38 AM
sorry don't think we can do this anymore. sorry. just to long a day for us.:(

AndyP & Lenore
16th April 2006, 05:22 AM

sorry don't think we can do this anymore. sorry. just to long a day for us.:(

No problem Fiona.

FYI, lunch is arranged for 1pm and the film is likely to finish around 7pm-ish. Craig is organising a route from Stirling to Peebles. But I don't know when that will be leaving. Pretty sure he's going straight from Stirling to Peebles, so it would be around noon-ish I would have thought.

If you change your mind, just let me know.

A.

Scottie
17th April 2006, 03:06 AM
I was so looking forward to this meet been ages since I've been to one but my mum is on holiday and I looking after her two dogs so I'll have seven:eek: dogs up here at inverness that weekend and for the next couple of weeks after that,:cool:

markyc
17th April 2006, 03:21 AM
Mr P Marky boy is on for a spot of lunch as well :approve::approve::approve::approve::D;)

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2006, 04:21 AM

I was so looking forward to this meet been ages since I've been to one but my mum is on holiday and I looking after her two dogs so I'll have seven:eek: dogs up here at inverness that weekend and for the next couple of weeks after that,:cool:

Seven dogs:eek::eek: is too many to leave in a Mini while in watching a film, so I understand.;)

If anything changes, let me know.:D

A.

Crombers
17th April 2006, 05:23 PM
Oh aye , me food yup :p;)

N12 JLK
17th April 2006, 10:30 PM

Mind and ask for his to be mashed up now with a straw;)

Crombers
17th April 2006, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Mind and ask for his to be mashed up now with a straw;)

& a table on me own cos I make wads of noise :eek::p

N12 JLK
18th April 2006, 04:27 AM
Nothing worse than a pensioners teeth clicking together at the table.:cool:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/stetoe.jpg
You dirty old man!!:D

Crombers
18th April 2006, 04:36 AM

Nothing worse than a pensioners teeth clicking together at the table.:cool:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/stetoe.jpg
You dirty old man!!:D

Where did you get ma photo :D

N12 JLK
18th April 2006, 04:39 AM
We always have a picture of you sitting by the bedside

Crombers
18th April 2006, 05:02 AM

We always have a picture of you sitting by the bedside

You've just taken this too far :eek:;):D

N12 JLK
18th April 2006, 06:04 AM
See you all on Friday Im away to kip now up at 5am and away for 2 days, ta ta

Crombers
18th April 2006, 07:58 AM

See you all on Friday Im away to kip now up at 5am and away for 2 days, ta ta

Missing you already ;)

Mark R
20th April 2006, 02:59 AM
If you've read the other post I made about the car problems potentially getting resolved then there is a slim chance I might not have a MINI on the run date. I'm sure I will but just incase I want to let you know now that it might affect my going on the run. I'll let you know nearer the time should I not be able to attend.

Sweeney
20th April 2006, 03:01 AM
surely one of the fellow mini owners would be able to bring you along :P

ianking
21st April 2006, 06:15 AM
Good newS Andy. I can come on your cinema run and come to lunch as well.(yahoo) Sarah canny make it though. (boohoo). Anyway I will speak to u in the mornin when we are on our way to the MINI FACTORY.

AndyP & Lenore
21st April 2006, 06:19 AM

Good newS Andy. I can come on your cinema run and come to lunch as well.(yahoo) Sarah canny make it though. (boohoo). Anyway I will speak to u in the mornin when we are on our way to the MINI FACTORY.

Thats you added Ian. See you in the morning.:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2006, 12:11 AM
For everyone's information.... Mission Impossible III has been rated 12A by the BBFC, which means Children under 12 can be admitted but must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. It also carries the consumer advice "Contains moderate action violence".:D:D:D

N12 JLK
24th April 2006, 01:39 AM
mmm pondering!

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2006, 03:43 AM

mmm pondering!

What you pondering mate?

N12 JLK
24th April 2006, 04:40 AM
On bringing kerr , still think he will be too young.

markyc
24th April 2006, 05:13 AM

Bring the wee man with you :D he can carry in all the sweeties, butterkist, juice, revels etc........... :eek::eek::p:D;)

[stands back with tin hat on waiting for oor Andy's reply ]

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2006, 07:19 AM

Honestly, it's entirely up to you. Lenore and I will be watching it on Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd. If you like I can give you a better idea of the content then. Not sure if that is too close to the day for making child-sitting arrangements though.

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2006, 07:22 AM

Bring the wee man with you :D he can carry in all the sweeties, butterkist, juice, revels etc........... :eek::eek::p:D;)

Anyone bringing in their own sweets will be subject to this: http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/machinegun.gif

A.;)

smiler
24th April 2006, 07:48 AM
Andy & Lenore

Please could you put me down for this run and lunch too. This will only be my 2nd run but my brother (craig d) says that it should be good.:D At least I came to my senses and got rid of my peugeot and got another mini :cool: Most expensive mistake I've made yet :eek:

Look forward to meeting you all.

Lesley

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2006, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by smiler

Andy & Lenore

Please could you put me down for this run and lunch too. This will only be my 2nd run but my brother (craig d) says that it should be good.:D At least I came to my senses and got rid of my peugeot and got another mini :cool: Most expensive mistake I've made yet :eek:

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Glad to have you along. Someone needs to keep an eye on MrD, and who better than his big sis.:D:D:D

A.;)

Craig
24th April 2006, 08:37 PM

Andy & Lenore

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Glad to have you along. Someone needs to keep an eye on MrD, and who better than his big sis.:D:D:D

A.;)

aye right - more like the other way round.... :approve:

markyc
24th April 2006, 10:22 PM
God help us all two Davies' on the same run :eek::eek::dead::p:I:D;)

Craig
24th April 2006, 10:48 PM
stop posting Marky Boy and answer ma texts!!!

markyc
25th April 2006, 01:34 AM

Battery on the mobile run oot ooops :disapprove::I:clown::clown:;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2006, 01:44 AM

Battery on the mobile run oot ooops :disapprove::I:clown::clown:;)

Did you manage to catch it.:D:D:D:D

<BIG-DEEP-THROATY-VOICE-> BOOM BOOM!

N12 JLK
25th April 2006, 03:11 AM
Tesco have on offer on Butterkist. 2 packets for £1.50.

Just thought you might like to know. :p

smiler
25th April 2006, 03:18 AM
Marky C, it's actually 3 Davies on the same run in 2 cars:p:D:D Don't tell me you canny count....

AndyP & Lenore
25th April 2006, 03:21 AM

Marky C, it's actually 3 Davies on the same run in 2 cars:p:D:D Don't tell me you canny count....

True, but you canny blame Jude. Guilty by association really.;):D;):D

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 04:15 AM
First post updated with basic route and timings details.

Wul, Big Col and The Fossies, can you confirm if you are lunching with us or making your own arrangements?

Cheers,

A.

Scottie
26th April 2006, 04:43 AM

never mind the sweeties. He can sumggle in a DVD Camcorder and tape a copy of the movie for us all.:D:D
Save paying those high picture prices.:eek:

I'm kidding:evil::kiss::kiss:

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2006, 04:49 AM

never mind the sweeties. He can sumggle in a DVD Camcorder and tape a copy of the movie for us all.:D:D

How would you know how much a cinema ticket is:question:;):D

When was the last time you were in a cinema:question:

Scottie
26th April 2006, 04:53 AM

How would you know how much a cinema ticket is:question:;):D

When was the last time you were in a cinema:question:

e'mmm last movie I say would have been the Italian Job through my Local dealer.:D:D

You told me the price of a cinema ticket:approve:;):blackeye::kiss:

Wul
27th April 2006, 04:26 AM
andy - not sure yet - will let you know asap!

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2006, 04:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

andy - not sure yet - will let you know asap!

OkDokay. Ta.:D

Sweeney
28th April 2006, 03:12 AM
Hi, i might be able to make this run, what would be the latest i could let you know?

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2006, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Hi, i might be able to make this run, what would be the latest i could let you know?

Howdy,

You can let me know any time Sweeny. I only need to get the actual numbers to Ramblers on the Sunday morning, so there's no mad rush.

As soon as you know, just let me know.

Cheers,

A.

Craig
30th April 2006, 07:50 PM
Right, who's leaving from Stirling Services....

CraigD & Jude
MarkyC
Smiler
Lesley & Jason

meet @ 10:45hrs for 11:00hrs departure

X30YES
30th April 2006, 07:55 PM
Any discount for OAP's:p...im possible:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th April 2006, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Any discount for OAP's:p...im possible:D:D:D

Angus, if you want to buy a £4.00 OAP ticket, that's fine with us.;);)

Everyone else, however, will be taking advantage of our kind offer of admission at the child price of £3.50 :D:D;)

A.:D

Crombers
30th April 2006, 09:19 PM

CraigD & Judee
MarkyC
Smiler

Me :D

Mini Me
30th April 2006, 09:32 PM
are you welcome, even if you driving a BMW :question:
Summat tells me i'll be free that weekend :p

N12 JLK
1st May 2006, 12:36 AM

CraigD & Judee
MarkyC
Smiler
Lesley & Jason please

AndyP & Lenore
1st May 2006, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

You are more than welcome in any car, we will just put you at the back of the convoy.;);):D:D

N12 JLK
1st May 2006, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Come on down Ian , something tells me I think I know what your talking about;)

Craig
1st May 2006, 03:33 PM

CraigD & Jude
MarkyC
Smiler
Crombers
Lesley & Jason

meet @ 10:45hrs for 11:00hrs departure

AndyP & Lenore
2nd May 2006, 07:08 PM
Front page updated with route notes now available for download.

Those who haven't confirmed attendance/lunch, could I ask that you do so as soon as possible. To be fair to Ramblers Coffee Shop, I'd liket to give them a call on Thursday to give them a better idea of numbers to expect on the Sunday.:D:D

Big Col
2nd May 2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry guys Wul only just reminded me about this run. I am actually working this weekend. Sorry for the short notice. Also Crombers is going and he's WAY too keen for me to go on a run! ;)

Craig
2nd May 2006, 08:52 PM
why does wul have to remind you about a run - you post about 30 times a day!!! :eek:;):D:approve:

you must be getting about as old as Crombers.....;)

Crombers
2nd May 2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry guys Wul only just reminded me about this run. I am actually working this weekend. Sorry for the short notice. Also Crombers is going and he's WAY too keen for me to go on a run! ;)

Your right big fella I was getting FAR to excited at the prospect :kiss:;)

Crombers
2nd May 2006, 09:27 PM

Oi junior , back in yer box :p;):D

Big Col
2nd May 2006, 09:38 PM

why does wul have to remind you about a run - you post about 30 times a day!!! :eek:;):D:approve:

It's 'cos I go on that few runs I never check those threads. :I

Also is it only 30? Woo HOO I've cut back!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 12:43 AM

No probs, thanks for letting us know.:D

Sweeney
3rd May 2006, 02:45 AM
ok you convinced me andy/lenore! ;) (not really just found out top gear is repeated on monday :clown:)

ill go, count me in for lunch too

So where shall i go?, im heading from glasgow way, edinburgh or meet up with the others at stirling?

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 03:13 AM

ok you convinced me andy/lenore! ;) (not really just found out top gear is repeated on monday :clown:)

ill go, count me in for lunch too

So where shall i go?, im heading from glasgow way, edinburgh or meet up with the others at stirling?

Good to have you! You made the right decision.

Where you meet up is entirely up to you. CraigD is organising the initial meet up in Stirling, I'm sure he'll look after you if you meet up there initially.:D:D

Sweeney
3rd May 2006, 03:19 AM
i'll probably go up to stirling then :) have myself a mini adventure on my way to a mini adventure :P

cue next stupid question:
wheres stirling services? (don't say stirling as im not as dense as that :P)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd May 2006, 03:27 AM

i'll probably go up to stirling then :) have myself a mini adventure on my way to a mini adventure :P

cue next stupid question:
wheres stirling services? (don't say stirling as im not as dense as that :P)

Stirling.:eek::eek::D;);)

Sorry, but you did ask for that.

This link (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=56.0799&lon=-3.9272&scale=50000&icon=x) opens a Multimap.com page showing the services.

But basically they are at the top of the M80 at the Junction with the M9. It is Junction 9 on the M9, not sure what junction it is classed as on the M80.

If you need any more help, CraigD will no doubt be 'round soon to advise.:D

Sweeney
3rd May 2006, 03:28 AM
is it the massive round about where if you take a sharp left it takes you into the services with a cafe/shop? on my way to gleneagles through stirling way there was services there? :P

edit: aha aye it is, looked on my autoroute its the big roundabout :)

craigd: is it at the travelodge/burger king bit then yeah?

(i know im a bit of an idiot but i need to make sure im certain :approve:)

Craig
3rd May 2006, 04:38 AM
hi Sweeney, yes thats the services... Called Moto at J9 of the M9 (or just off the M80 which is the way you will come).

we will be in the big carpark next to the Travelodge and BK etc... Meeting @ 10:45hrs to leave @ 11:00hrs.

See you then :D

Sweeney
3rd May 2006, 02:19 PM
haha first time ive known exactly where to go!

(believe me thats going to be a rare occurance :P)

weefossy
4th May 2006, 04:31 AM
Put us 2 down for lunch. We'll meet at Hermi Gate if that's OK

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2006, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Put us 2 down for lunch. We'll meet at Hermi Gate if that's OK

Grand!:D Grand!:D Grand!:D

hadn't heard from you for a wee while. Was worrying you'd dropped off the face of the Earth.:eek::blackeye::D

Mind and get yourself over to The Secret Bunker run and get yer name down as Neil and I are leaning towards putting a limit of 25 on that. If we do that, there's only 1 space left!

Mark R
5th May 2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to remove my name from the list. There is a chance I will need to head down to Newcastle for a second time this month and unfortunately can't afford both outings at this time. I might be able to make it along to head down to Peebles with you if that's all right with you? No lunch or anything though. Would just head home after getting there.

Wul
5th May 2006, 03:23 PM
Andy - sent you a wee email - sorry but i gotta work this weekend - just found out yesterday :( hope you guys have a great time.

AndyP & Lenore
5th May 2006, 04:35 PM
MarkR - No problem. I've taken you off the lunch list and I won't print you a ticket. Cheers.:)

Wul - No problem mate, work comes first.:( Thanks for letting me know:)

N12 JLK
5th May 2006, 11:43 PM
Minime get your name back down for this run ,tell them to go and jump for this Sunday, whats there number and I'll do it for you.

Sweeney
6th May 2006, 12:19 AM
they're dropping like flies!!! :P

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 12:30 AM

they're dropping like flies!!! :P

They don't know what they are missing.;):D

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 04:15 AM
Andy mind and get loads of toffee popcorn in. Do yu sell diet Pepsi:question:, Oh and remember no smuggling in budwiesers now anyone:disapprove:

X30YES
6th May 2006, 04:47 AM
< IN + Lunch :p

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 04:50 AM

< IN + Lunch :p

Thats great Angus.:D:D

Crombers
6th May 2006, 05:21 AM
Ma MINI's sick :(

Car was in for its big service today & it turns out that the steering rack/column needs replaced & the car is not fit to drive & I wont get ma car back til Monday night.

CraigD kindly offered to pick me up (thanks mate) but I,ve got a wedding reception tomorrow night (that I was gonna drive to) & I,m now just gonna chill with a few beers :p

Sorry about all this but will catch up with you guys on the Thistle Run

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 05:24 AM
Another one bites the dust:( theres me hoping to hold your hand in the back row of the piccies, maybe next time:(

Sweeney
6th May 2006, 05:27 AM
i reckon theres a secret run they are going to and not telling us ;)

Crombers
6th May 2006, 05:38 AM
<sulks> aye I wish :(

Next time Jason :kiss:

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 06:14 AM

No its Les talking Im getting shot of him its you I want crombers honey

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 06:37 AM

Ma MINI's sick :(

Car was in for its big service today & it turns out that the steering rack/column needs replaced & the car is not fit to drive & I wont get ma car back til Monday night.

CraigD kindly offered to pick me up (thanks mate) but I,ve got a wedding reception tomorrow night (that I was gonna drive to) & I,m now just gonna chill with a few beers :p

Sorry about all this but will catch up with you guys on the Thistle Run

Thats a real bummer Crombers.:eek::(:eek::(

Hope you get the Mini sorted and you get it back Monday.

See you on the Thistle run.:)

Crombers
6th May 2006, 06:47 AM

No its Les talking Im getting shot of him its you I want crombers honey

Your a f@nny :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 06:57 AM

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

N12 JLK
6th May 2006, 07:20 AM

Were going to the LOST island to see Jack.

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2006, 07:28 AM

Were going to the LOST island to see Jack.

I'd much rather go to see Kate.:I:D:p:p:p:p

X30YES
6th May 2006, 04:44 PM
:eek:Help ma boab its like ma old skool days here ..(full of dropouts) :p,tough luck on the car Alan :(

N12 JLK
7th May 2006, 04:27 AM
Watching Mission impos 2 tonight to get in the mood, who fancies a car chase tomorrow:cool:

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 04:35 AM
im sure "pc plod" in his "police car" (astra diesel of course) will oblige :approve::D:D

N12 JLK
7th May 2006, 04:47 AM
Markyc's no got an Astra:D

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 04:48 AM
ah is he a copper? :eek:

better go remove that illegal film off my number plates ;)

Craig
7th May 2006, 06:27 AM
not a copper, but a dead ringer for one...;)

need to have a wee look at that film Sweeney....:D

see some of you at Stirling and the rest of you at Hermiston Gait..

Let's hope the forecast is wrong...:disapprove:

N12 JLK
7th May 2006, 07:15 AM

ah is he a copper? :eek:

He's a wee bit like the T101 from T2 he can form any object of equal size but not complex things like guns ,things with moving parts.He's made from poly-metal alloy, how else can you get a car so clean ,no human could:cool:
So beware he's watching;)

centrallad31
7th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Where is everyone meeting tommorrow times etc I might join up

X30YES
7th May 2006, 09:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by centrallad31

Where is everyone meeting tommorrow times etc I might join up

Meet at Hermiston Gate Retail Park, Edinburgh at 11:30am

Craig
7th May 2006, 05:43 PM
or at Stirling Services @ 10:45hrs.... ;)

Sweeney
7th May 2006, 05:47 PM
its raining :(

Mark R
7th May 2006, 06:12 PM
Looks a little foggy too

Crombers
7th May 2006, 08:12 PM
:(Gutted i,m missing this , have a good day folks

Mark R
7th May 2006, 11:43 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the organisation that went into the run. Was just unfortunate I couldn't participate in the entire day.

Took my brother to see MI:3 for his birthday on Thursday night after I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it for the whole run so at least saw the movie too. He had plans for tonight so wasn't able to talk him into going today instead.

The CD was a nice touch. Would have thought there would be a "this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds" bit tagged on the end however. Was a nice morning even in the weather wasn't so great. Thanks again.

Neil and Lorna
8th May 2006, 03:01 AM
How does this man stay so thin.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/markpic.jpg
For all you peeps out there that dont know who it is its MarkyC.

For all those who missed todays run you missed a cracker.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D:D

Neil and Lorna
8th May 2006, 04:14 AM
The special agents leaving Gala.:D:D:D
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/neilp18/mi3pic.jpg

Hope you have a safe journey home peeps.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

Sorry about the focus but phones don't take pictures of moving objects very well.:evil:

ianking
8th May 2006, 05:03 AM
Had a great time today,:D thanks very much. Really enjoyed seeing how the cinema projectors work, I like all that sort of techno stuff. :p
Sarah is rather jelous that she missed it all.:(

smiler
8th May 2006, 05:08 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks for a fab day out :D It was really nice meeting everyone and thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for their kind hospitality:cool:.

L.

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 05:13 AM

Had a great time today,:D thanks very much. Really enjoyed seeing how the cinema projectors work, I like all that sort of techno stuff. :p
Sarah is rather jelous that she missed it all.:(

Glad you had a great time and hope you enjoyed the movie.:D

See you on the Thistle Run.:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 05:14 AM

Just wanted to add my thanks for a fab day out :D It was really nice meeting everyone and thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for their kind hospitality:cool:.

L.

Glad you enjoyed it Lesley, it was nice to meet you. Hope to see you on another run soon.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 05:18 AM
Hope everyone made it home OK:D, we had a great day and hope you all did too.:D

See you all soon on the next MINI adventure.:D:D

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:25 AM
Our thanks also to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for your kind hospitality and salty popcorn. And cheers for the sponsor money Lorna - that means I will HAVE to do the run now:D:D no excuses:eek:.

See you all onthe Thistle Run.

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 05:27 AM

Our thanks also to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for your kind hospitality and salty popcorn. And cheers for the sponsor money Lorna - that means I will HAVE to do the run now:D:D no excuses:eek:.

See you all onthe Thistle Run.

Forgot to say, thanks for my fudge Jason,:D I will enjoy that later.:D Cheers.

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:36 AM

quote:[i]

Forgot to say, thanks for my fudge Jason,:D I will enjoy that later.:D Cheers.

Dont forget to check for pigeon droppings in it Lenore:cool:

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:37 AM

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:37 AM

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:38 AM

N12 JLK
8th May 2006, 05:40 AM

yippee this is my milestone post of 1000 posts on a great night at the pics.:D:D:D

Am I sad or what, ahh who cares:clown:

X30YES
8th May 2006, 06:23 AM
BIG BIG thanks to Andy, Lenore, Neil and Lorna for their kind hospitality.....and a great day out into the bargin ,the workings of the cinema/projection room was fantastic for me (sorry for all the questions guys ..but I was interested ,also it was great to see a Mercury Rectifier again :p.
If you missed the Movie , GO and see it ..superb !!!:).
Great to see Ryan (1 RLS)on his first run as well...I'm sure he enjoyed it :D.Also Duncan ..letting the good lady drive ...go girl go :p

X30YES
8th May 2006, 06:30 AM

yippee this is my milestone post of 1000 posts on a great night at the pics.:D:D:D

Am I sad or what, ahh who cares:clown:
Congrat's on the 1000 post's...but dont you have some ironing you should be getting on with :p:D:D:D

Craig
8th May 2006, 06:43 AM
Well done to the Poole's (Neil, Lorna, Lenore and the Grumpy Andy ;))

thank you once again for a great day and your ever amazing hospitality..

see you all on the Thistle Run and whoever can make it too Minime's fairwell drink. :D

markyc
8th May 2006, 07:54 AM
Another fantastic day in the Borders :D:D:D Many thanks again to the combined talents of the Poole's for organising such a great day ;) Word of warning though folks - beware the Pavillion in Gala where people ask you to hold onto stuff whilst others lurk about taking your photo without you knowing - well thats my excuse anyway :eek::eek::p:I;)

Before we left Stirling this morning I came across a HUGE gathering of Subaru's at Moto. They were on the last leg of a Lands End to John O' Groats memorial run in memory of Richard Burns the Scoobie rally driver who tragically died far far to young through cancer. The folks I spoke to said they had raised a lot of money for cancer research (here here :approve::approve:) They stopped in at Pro-Drive just north of Oxford yesterday where 250 Scoobies turned up (could we beat that :question:) and most of the folks had a tour of the facility :approve::approve::approve::D

Here's a couple of pics I managed to get before they all rumbled off towards Fort William (what a noise :approve::p;))

:D:D
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/minifuntimes/Scoobie1.jpg

:approve::approve:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/minifuntimes/scoobie2.jpg

:approve::approve:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/minifuntimes/scoobie3.jpg

Smitty
8th May 2006, 08:08 AM
Now that is one thing scobbies have over the MINI

The noise......to die for!!:evil::evil:

X30YES
8th May 2006, 05:46 PM
Has anyone seen 'Dad'
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1664/medium/DSCF0212_Medium_.JPG

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2006, 06:22 PM

Has anyone seen 'Dad'
http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/1664/medium/DSCF0212_Medium_.JPG

LOL:D:D:D:D

Sweeney
8th May 2006, 07:32 PM
Fantastic day out, was nice to meet everyone and see the two tone paint job ianking has, certainly isn't another mini out there like it ;)

that's the most ive driven in one day coupled with the stress of almost spinning out twice on the road to stirling, it left me shattered!

SarahMunro
8th May 2006, 07:36 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it, sounded like a brilliant day!! Ian wouldn't shut up last night and I wouldn't have minded but he kept repeating himself. :eek:

See you all soon! :p

Craig
8th May 2006, 07:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by SarahMunro

Sorry I couldn't make it, sounded like a brilliant day!! Ian wouldn't shut up last night and I wouldn't have minded but he kept repeating himself. :eek:

dinnae blame Ian, blame yersel.... ye'll get nae sympathy here :mad:

keep nagging her Ian, she might come next time.... :eek:;):D:approve:

X30YES
8th May 2006, 11:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by SarahMunro

Thats ok I do it all the time when ratfaced :p

Big Col
8th May 2006, 11:51 PM
I repeat myself all the time, ratfaced or not!

Big Col
8th May 2006, 11:52 PM
I repeat myself all the time, ratfaced or not!

Burple
8th May 2006, 11:55 PM
Looks like there's been some dirty great seagulls at those Number plates n the Scoobies ;););):p:p I hoped you helped them out with some MarkyC cleaning advice ;):p

That many Subarus... wow! :eek::eek::eek: I bet the noise was amazing!

Sweeney
8th May 2006, 11:56 PM
i missed the scoobies, but when i arrived there was loads of evo's :S

zimbo
9th May 2006, 01:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Now that is one thing scobbies have over the MINI

The noise......to die for!!:evil::evil:

:p yup they sure do sound amazing!! I miss my scoobie... :disapprove:

N12 JLK
9th May 2006, 02:26 AM
Nice pics Marky boy.:clown:

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2006, 03:09 AM

Nice pics Marky boy.:clown:

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

The Dogfather
9th May 2006, 03:51 AM
BTW did anyone manage to copy the film? Email me a copy as I wouldn't mind watching having read the review :p :eek: :blackeye: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2006, 03:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

BTW did anyone manage to copy the film? Email me a copy as I wouldn't mind watching having read the review :p :eek: :blackeye: ;)

Not biting.;)

Sweeney
9th May 2006, 04:00 AM
i did, i'll send you it, pm me your address/somewhere to upload it.

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2006, 04:04 AM

i did, i'll send you it, pm me your address/somewhere to upload it.

<Said through gritted teeth> STILL NOT BITING!;);)

N12 JLK
9th May 2006, 04:30 AM
Anyone seen this pirate copy of MI2
DIN DIN DININ DIN DIN DADA DIN DIN DADA , DOODELOO DOODELOO DOODELOO DADA

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/P5080003.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2006, 04:41 AM
PMSL :D:D:D:D:D

weefossy
9th May 2006, 06:42 AM
Sorry we haven't posted earlier. What a great run and a great movie. Can't get the tune out of Sioban's head!
Thanks again to the "Border Reavers" and CraigD for organising a super day out.

Duncan Stewart
9th May 2006, 07:04 AM
Thanks to the Pooles and everyone who came along for a great day out :D The film was excellent
Not really the weather for taking pictures but here are a few from Peebles

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/8481272/145273891.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/8481272/145273898.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/8481272/145273889.jpg

Craig
9th May 2006, 04:46 PM

Anyone seen this pirate copy of MI2
DIN DIN DININ DIN DIN DADA DIN DIN DADA , DOODELOO DOODELOO DOODELOO DADA

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/P5080003.jpg

never seen the boy on a bike before........ LOL!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PMSL..

markyc
10th May 2006, 07:56 AM
Right Nicol your on for doin for that pic :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: ;)

Im sendin the big fella round to snap a few things whilst a sandpaper yer mowta :eek::eek::evil::clown:;)

Like the pic though:D:cool:;)

N12 JLK
10th May 2006, 05:44 PM

Right Nicol your on for doin for that pic :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: ;)

Im sendin the big fella round to snap a few things whilst a sandpaper yer mowta :eek::eek::evil::clown:;)

Like the pic though:D:cool:;)

Im sure the role was written for you Mark;)

X30YES
11th May 2006, 03:16 AM
Oh I thought it was Steve McQueen from a remake of The Great Escape :p

AndyP & Lenore
11th May 2006, 03:24 AM
Is anybody else not able to get that tune out you head:question:

N12 JLK
11th May 2006, 04:29 AM

Nothing worse than a cold sweet stuck between your ears;)

AndyP & Lenore
11th May 2006, 05:54 AM

Nothing worse than a cold sweet stuck between your ears;)

LOL:D:D

markyc
11th May 2006, 06:44 AM

Oh I thought it was Steve McQueen from a remake of The Great Escape :p

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::D:I;)

Crombers
11th May 2006, 06:57 AM
Reckon SMcQ looked a tad 'cooler' mind :p;)

X30YES
11th May 2006, 02:45 PM

Reckon SMcQ looked a tad 'cooler' mind :p;)
Just a wee bit eh !!:p