PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mini

angel-mini
6th March 2006, 07:31 AM
Hi Folks, :) a collegue at work has asked me to help him track down a classic mini, as he seems to be finding it difficult.:disapprove: He is looking for a cooper model or similar, and willing to spend £2000 - £2500,:p and is also willing to travel. If anyone has a wee mini tucked away in their garage and is willing to sell it, could they give me a shout.:):cool::):cool:

Craig
6th March 2006, 07:54 AM
I've recently bought the very thing...:D It is very difficult to find a good one which is not either full of rust or botched to sell on...

I know you said he is willing to travel, but how far ? I went down to Bournemouth to get mine and apart from a few small bits of rust (not bad for a 9 year old car..) it's solid. My suggestion would be don't say no to a trip to the south of england. If my car had been for sale in scotland, it would have had another £1000 on the price tag :disapprove: I spent about £150 all in with flights and accomm., but I think it was well worth it. :D:D

Hope he finds a gem :D

Smurf
6th March 2006, 05:31 PM
Try the magazine classifieds - like Mini World. That's were we found ours. And I'm afraid to say that we had to travel for ours too - Southampton! However, the guy came up to Manchester, to help with delivery.

Just beware of "recently renovated" - make sure it's been done properly, and check all the usual places for rust. These can all be fixed if you find your dream car, it will just cost you more in the long run.

Happy hunting!

N12 JLK
21st March 2006, 05:51 AM
Know of someone who is looking to sell an H reg Cooper. Red with around 16k on the clock. He is in Rothesay and the car has been in his garage for a while.

E-mail me your friends details and I will pass them on if you wish.