PDA

View Full Version : Skiing / Snowboarding Monday 6th March

Neil and Lorna
5th March 2006, 01:43 AM
Snow conditions look excellent.:cool:

Anybody want to join me at Glenshee Monday 6th.:)

Planning to make the trip weather permitting.:cool:

Neil.:D:D

sleepyrascal
5th March 2006, 03:04 AM
i'm going on Wednesday.

Smitty
6th March 2006, 11:52 PM
I was there on saturday and cairngorms on sundays. Amazing two days, but got a few sore spots now due to some big wipouts!!

Neil and Lorna
7th March 2006, 07:38 AM
No sore spots just very sore stiff legs.:sleepy:

26 miles covered:D

Fastest recorded speed was 50.7 MPH.:eek:

But a great day.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Neil.:D

Laura
8th March 2006, 06:03 PM
We are off up to aviemore for a week on Saturday so I'm looking forward to some snowboarding! Couple of weeks ago it looked like we wouldnt get any decent snow at all and now its everywhere!

It will be my first decent run in the mini aswell! :D

Is it too busy up there? Long queues for the lifts or anything?

Smitty
9th March 2006, 12:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Laura

We are off up to aviemore for a week on Saturday so I'm looking forward to some snowboarding! Couple of weeks ago it looked like we wouldnt get any decent snow at all and now its everywhere!

It will be my first decent run in the mini aswell! :D

Is it too busy up there? Long queues for the lifts or anything?

Queues for the lift etc arent to bad in avimore cuz its really spread out and nice long runs

BUT

the queue for gettin into the car park and onto the bus (if your in the bottom car park....we just walked) are hellish!!

Also, take cash, you'll get ur lift pass within 5mins, rather than an hour queue to pay with a card!

Laura
9th March 2006, 06:12 PM
thanks for the advice! Really dont fancy standing in a queue for an hour so cash it is! :)

RichardV
9th March 2006, 06:50 PM
Agree with what Smitty says, pay with cash!! Much quicker.....I was there on Sunday and the snow was great, apparantly they are expecting 3500 folk to be up there this weekend so head up early!!

Laura
10th March 2006, 01:32 AM
we are leaving at 6 at the latest. Think the other half can drive and i'll climb in the mini with my bed covers lol :clown: