PDA

View Full Version : Lights

Bazthemod
4th March 2006, 07:28 AM
Hey folks, currently Alfie has clear light clusters on his rear end but i hate the way the brake and tail lights look pink and the indicators almost clear. I was thinking about LED direct replacement bulbs and then it seemed to get all technical with load resistors etc.

Jus wondering what peoples views are on replacement LED bulbs... i dont want them flashing like mad so i use these load resistors?

I dont wanna lose the look of the clear cluster but the pink lights are doin me no favours! :p:):D:cool:

davesminis
4th March 2006, 08:32 PM
Dont know much about the LED direct replacement bulbs but you could use the crystalised clear rear units instead. This does not need LED's and will keep the clean look you have now. Doesnt really answer question but thought I would give you that suggestion if you are struggling

Burple
5th March 2006, 04:18 AM
Know the problem :( I had those on one of my classics.
Eventually I came across some bulb at a show on which the coating looked a lot thicker and better than any of the ones I tried before, and they worked, for longer!

The ones I had in before that were red when I left Dundee, and bright white by the time we got down to London for the London to Brighton that year! :I:I

Sorry, can't help you out with the LEDs tho :blackeye: