PDA

View Full Version : Arial flags

Fontal
31st October 2003, 09:45 PM
For those of you with arial flags, where do you get them from and can they make any design?
Oh yeh and how much?

You see I would like to get one of the Shetland flag for when im down on any cruises:D

Cheers for any info
Richard

Wul
31st October 2003, 10:03 PM
Richard - the saltires and lion rampants you have seen have been standard touristy flags with the wooden stick removed and slipped over the aerial!

Don't know where you'd get a shetland done?

Gismo
31st October 2003, 10:15 PM
Yep Richard, you can get the saltire flags from most local Woolworths stores and from motorway service stations etc, thats where i got me jimmy hat :I as for the Shetland one i'm sure i saw them at Sumburgh airport the last time i passed through.

Bonnie Scotland

weefossy
31st October 2003, 10:21 PM
Fontal, we have managed to get a different flag for each meet, but as Wul said, they have all been cheap "Tourist flags" we have picked up on holiday. Funnily enough they all seem to be made by the same manufacturer, despite the various countries we have picked them up in.
The other problem is they don't last more than one run. I would love to hear if anyone can produce a better quality to order. Apex??

ELFMAN
11th November 2003, 12:27 AM
Mine (cheap with stick removed) has lasted through the Miniclan Stirling to Oban 'Thistle Run' AND our "Skye's the Limit" bash. It has been scientifically tested (private track, obviously officer) to speeds of up to 110mph and now has that traditional battered (not as in Mars Bars) and worn Scottish Battle-Flag look, much like myself. I have washed it though, unlike myself...

Speaking of battered, don't drop a box of A3 paper on your left hand (or the other one, or on anything really....), it hurts like hell and now I can only go UP the gears without screaming.