PDA

View Full Version : Ian King

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2006, 06:44 PM
This morning, outskirts of Galashiels. In your shiny new mini! We could tell it was you 'cos you had that I'vegotanewminigiggrin on yer face! :D

New motor looking mighty fine Mr King! :D

ianking
1st March 2006, 09:09 PM
Yes that was me on my way to work. New car is going good. I like your X5, it certainly towers over the mini in the traffic jams.
Ordered a 'newminiscotland' window sticker so hopefully that will arrive soon.
Going to get front fog lamps for the grill. I see a company on e-bay selling them new with brackets for £49 buy it now. Will get my auto electrician friend to sort the wiring for me.

ianking
1st March 2006, 10:27 PM
Heres a question for you Andy. When does the new Pink Panther film with Steve Martin hit your big screen?
I noticed in a previous post that someone suggested you put the Italian Job on your screen. Dont you think that would make a great mini run day out. All the minis meet in Edinburgh, do a mission down to Gala, watch the film and then go for a wee blast round the borders before going home. You could open the film only for NMS members.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd March 2006, 04:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Heres a question for you Andy. When does the new Pink Panther film with Steve Martin hit your big screen?
I noticed in a previous post that someone suggested you put the Italian Job on your screen. Dont you think that would make a great mini run day out. All the minis meet in Edinburgh, do a mission down to Gala, watch the film and then go for a wee blast round the borders before going home. You could open the film only for NMS members.

Pink Panther - opens in the UK on Friday 17th March. We only had 1 empty slot that week and we went for V for Vendetta so we won't be showing PP. From the trailers I've seen for PP, I don't think we're going to miss much. If it opens well and does well at the box office we'll try and pick up a copy later in March or April, but I don't see that happening.

Italian Job - sounds like a fantastic idea. And we'd love to do it, but the costs would probably outweigh what NMS'ers will want to pay. We'd have to hire the film - £140 ish. It would need to be a weekend run (we've tried organising a mid-week run before and it didn't work), and if the film was to play during the day we would need to cancel a public performance on that day. Which means loss of income for our business, which would need to be replaced somehow - again, spread across the folk on the run.

So as good an idea as it is, it could work out to be expensive. However, we do plan on doing something for The Brazilian Job when they eventually get round to making and releasing it.:D

ianking
2nd March 2006, 05:53 PM
What about if we put up a posting getting an idea of how many folk wanted to do it. I certainly wouldnt mind paying £10 per head for it plus of coarse i would pay extra and fill myself full of juice, popcorn and hot dogs from your fine establishment.

Craig
2nd March 2006, 06:32 PM
they don't do hot food Ian (I know what establishment doesn't do hot food :eek::blackeye:;))

As for the idea, I would support it, as per Ian's request. :D

N12 JLK
3rd March 2006, 12:59 AM
Yes it was me that requested The Italian Job , Id be up for a movie this time hopefully Kerr wont spew and Id get to go!!
Now just incase as per the old thread I will have to eat

Large cola
Natcho's
Minstrels
Chicken tikka masala
nan bread
3 welsh goats
12 buds to wash it down:cool:

N12 JLK
3rd March 2006, 01:03 AM
Oh just had a though Andy if its going to cost you to much to put the film on due to loss of earnings why dont we all come to your living room and watch it on your big telly, wee snacks on offer! nice:):p
Is your drive big enough though for 20 or so minis?;)

ianking
3rd March 2006, 01:50 AM
I support that idea as well Leslie. We could just bring the DVD round.

Mini Me
3rd March 2006, 02:53 AM
Me too,the Broon clan could come along to yer hoose:p

N12 JLK
3rd March 2006, 05:27 AM
Thats it settled Andy house this satuarday at 8pm, now if we get enough people to sign up we should put it on the events forum= people going=

1= Lesley jason
2= Minime clan
3= Ianking

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2006, 01:15 AM
Ian! Quick update on the Pink Panther subject.

We've managed to squeeze it in on release date after all. So the Pink Panther is showing from Friday 17th march at the Pavilion!

Just thought I'd let you know.

Andrew

ianking
7th March 2006, 06:04 PM
thanks

think i will pop in and see it. I like the old movies so it may be good, you never know.