PDA

View Full Version : Superchipping

jamiec
28th February 2006, 08:12 PM
Right, I'm looking into a chip for my Cooper S. Have looked at a few options and I'm looking for a opinion from people who have had it done :question:

My car is standard at the moment but I would be looking to add the reduction pulley around summer time, when that bloody sugar will be off the roads! :D

Having looked at previous posts on this subject essentialmini seem to do a good deal but the guy who does it is based in Aberdeen? I'm down in Prestwick in the south west so this would be near on impossible!

Dastek seem an option but I read they are pricey.

Anyother options I can consider, or any of the above more practical than I realise?

Any help on this matter greatly appreciated guys :cool:

Craig
28th February 2006, 08:16 PM
Lohen (one of our sponsors) do Superchips and I know somebody on here has had the mod done to their cooper, I know it's not the same, but can give you and idea of how easy and if it made a noticable difference to them..

Where has EssentialMini gone to - they don't appear to be showing as a sponsor now ? ? ?

Scottie
28th February 2006, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Lohen (one of our sponsors) do Superchips and I know somebody on here has had the mod done to their cooper, I know it's not the same, but can give you and idea of how easy and if it made a noticable difference to them..

Where has EssentialMini gone to - they don't appear to be showing as a sponsor now ? ? ?

I noticed that about EssentialMini:question:

I've got the MTH done by Martin @ Aberdeen and they would be first choice.

I've used the SuperChips guy at Glenrothes and he was very good.

This weekend we used Star Performance at Dysart and he was brillant not sure if they do Mini though

Moonshine
28th February 2006, 09:05 PM
ive a MTH cable (works with a serial port on a laptop) and live in Gourock and work in East kilbride if that helps...

Gerry

jamiec
1st March 2006, 02:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

ive a MTH cable (works with a serial port on a laptop) and live in Gourock and work in East kilbride if that helps...

Gerry

Sounds interesting. What would I need to do to use your services? Contact essentialmini?

redpoint rallying
1st March 2006, 04:56 AM
Speak to Simon at www.essentialmini.co.uk or email at simon.watton@essentialmini.co.uk or sales@essentialmini.co.uk

You will get regular further re-maps for no extra cost which other companies dont provide.

A superb service and your location shouldnt be a problem. I think there are owners out there in your area with the required lead.

all the best

M

jamiec
1st March 2006, 07:14 AM
e-mailed him awaiting reply.

thanks!

Moonshine
1st March 2006, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by jamiec

Sounds interesting. What would I need to do to use your services? Contact essentialmini?

I guess give simon a call first. You would need to download your ECU file from your car (via laptop, software and cable), email this to Simon, who forwards this to Franz at MTH who will re-do the file and email it back to Simon, who would email it back to you to upload.

I'm sure Simon could do the whole lot for you, however it would mean a trip to see him. Most of it you can do it yourself tho.

Gerry

Moonshine
1st March 2006, 06:03 PM
you could meet up with me and we could hand over the cable and / or download the file to get things off to a start if you want.

then you just have to send it to simon.

gerry