PDA

View Full Version : Halo Sidelights

Scottie
28th February 2006, 04:02 AM
fitted our Halo sidelights tonight. Did not need to drop the bumper:biggrin: fitted perfect and they are such a big improvement to the standard lights.:cool::cool: got mines from rimstyle

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2006, 04:21 AM
Got any pics Fiona:question::D

Scottie
28th February 2006, 04:29 AM
No but you will see them Friday:D but if it's snowing you will see the X:)

Will take photos though.:D

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2006, 05:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

No but you will see them Friday:D but if it's snowing you will see the X:)

Will take photos though.:D

OOOOOoooooo. Still haven't seen your X.:D:D

Scottie
28th February 2006, 08:14 AM
here you go: pictures of the screw he loosend each side

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Untitled-1copy.jpg

and the finished job

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/DSC_0289.jpg

P.S. the silver bulbs supplied by rimstyle were not the right kind they gave us 381 bulbs and we need 582 (offset pins)

Craig
28th February 2006, 04:07 PM
:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove::approve::approve::approve:

Smitty
28th February 2006, 05:33 PM
There well kool, hope u dont mind me asking, but where are they from and how much??

Burple
28th February 2006, 07:54 PM
Oooh... I saw these before, and I wasn't that keen, but they're starting to grow on me too! I bet they look ace with Xenons!

Are the side light and indicator bulbs the same size etc as the standard ones? ( I dont wanna get rid of my chrome indicator bulbs!!) :cool::D:D

Scottie
28th February 2006, 08:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oooh... I saw these before, and I wasn't that keen, but they're starting to grow on me too! I bet they look ace with Xenons!

Are the side light and indicator bulbs the same size etc as the standard ones? ( I dont wanna get rid of my chrome indicator bulbs!!) :cool::D:D

no worries you use your indicator bulbs and housing but as part of the kit you get two new light bulbs type things that replace your side light but plug into the same wires.

AeroJonny
1st March 2006, 02:17 AM
Looks amazin Fi!!!

PASL
9th March 2006, 05:25 AM
just fitted these lights ten mins a go they are much better than the standard fitting . I have also changed the LED lights that come with the kit to a brighter LED so i do not get the dull affect at the top and bottom looks so much better i will get some pics up

paul:)

Scottie
9th March 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by PASL

just fitted these lights ten mins a go they are much better than the standard fitting . I have also changed the LED lights that come with the kit to a brighter LED so i do not get the dull affect at the top and bottom looks so much better i will get some pics up

paul:)

where did you get the new leds from?????

angel-mini
9th March 2006, 05:55 AM
I have also fitted the led side lights, and would also be interested in finding out where you got the bulbs from.:)

G19RNT
5th November 2006, 08:54 PM
i just fitted halo sidelights to my 2006 cooper and the led bulbs won't totally switch off anyone else had this problem?how is it overcome?

soopercooper
5th November 2006, 10:29 PM
i had that problem,i think its to do with a difference in voltage over the manufacturers standard bulb,or so i was told by a spares shop

Craig
6th November 2006, 03:19 AM
jim,

they do go out eventually... not a big problem... ;)

mikeythemini
6th November 2006, 03:50 AM
Yes don't worry they go out after a short time, no battery worries