PDA

View Full Version : STICKY PADS

bazza
31st October 2003, 06:02 AM
Hi folks,just got a new set of chrome number plate surrounds,the old plates are on with sticky pads does anyone know the best way to get off the sticky mess that is left?.
Bas.
:cool:

Gismo
31st October 2003, 06:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by bazza

Hi folks,just got a new set of chrome number plate surrounds,the old plates are on with sticky pads does anyone know the best way to get off the sticky mess that is left?. Bas. :cool: Wire brush and dettol, yes, thats what we used in my day, oops, wrong thread :I Get some petrol and a slightly damp cloth, sploosh on a small amount of the petrol, rub gently, once off wash immediately with car wash and dry off.

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
31st October 2003, 07:03 AM
Orange peel is also good. They actually sell special sticky label remover which is made from orange peel, smells of orange anyway.

Wul
31st October 2003, 05:35 PM
Or the same process as BS stated but with white spirit!

3GGG - had a friend move into a new house and tried a whole bottle of that stuff to remove the sticky labels from the side of the new bath but with no avail - then i asked them if they'd remove the protective film first - oops said they! :D

bazza
1st November 2003, 06:12 AM
Cheers guys will give these tips a bash.

Bas.
ps sorry I did not make the Glencoe run I was watching out for you all as I was up there but did not see anyone.

john-apex
2nd November 2003, 10:05 AM
Bazza we use a glue remover at work which wont harm paintwork, do you need any?.:)

bazza
3rd November 2003, 05:44 AM
John thanks for the offer of the glue remover,I am down in Cumbernauld so a bit out the way to pick it up,I will try the white spirit or petrol first and if no joy will give you a shout and arrange something.
ta much.Bas:cool:

quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Bazza we use a glue remover at work which wont harm paintwork, do you need any?.:)