PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Mini

C12HLL
26th February 2006, 08:41 AM
Hi all,
Im currently looking at a 53 Cooper.Are there any common problems with them?Whats everyones opinion of Chilli blue with white roof?

Cheers

duncan
26th February 2006, 08:52 AM
Hi, and welcome to NMS.

The 53 Plate MINI's should have had most of the problems of the earliest models sorted out.
There are one or two wee niggles any car could have, but seeing as the car is still under warranty (I presume) the dealer should be able to sort out.

Chilli Blue? There's a Chilli Red, Indi Blue, and Electric Blue.
All look good with the White Roof, IMHO.

N12 JLK
26th February 2006, 05:38 PM
Our first new model car was 53 plate chilli red One and never had any problems with it ,probably would have never changed it but me like a big kid nagged the better half for a cooper which is 9 months old now and already I want to get another MinI. Once the fever gets you your gripped;)

Moonshine
26th February 2006, 05:49 PM
or is that blue with a chilli pack?

gerry

N12 JLK
26th February 2006, 05:51 PM
Chilli red with a chilli pack ( keeps me nice and cool):cool:

C12HLL
26th February 2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry meant to say inidi blue with white roof and a chilli pack

Craig
26th February 2006, 06:39 PM
you shouldn't have any problems, unless the previous owner couldn't be bother to sort out any wee niggles....

As Duncan says, it should still be under warranty, so just make sure you get it in asap if you find any wee problems...:D

KenL
27th February 2006, 02:27 AM
Remember chilli pack only includes AC on the S, not the Cooper.

Duncan Stewart
27th February 2006, 05:44 AM
Watch for sticky rear brakes - quite a common problem. Minis in blue look great - go for it, you won't regret it.

C12HLL
2nd March 2006, 04:47 AM
Hey guys and girls...
I picked my MINI up on Tuesday and its been great fun so far.
No sticky brakes thankfully and no other niggly things but it does have 12months warranty anyway.
Thanks for the advice and i look forward to meeting some of you at the various meets etc.
Got my 1st wave from a fellow MINI driver in Paisley.LOL.

Thanks again Guys & Girls

monkimagic
2nd March 2006, 05:08 AM
Go on yer sel big man.