PDA

View Full Version : Steel Grill Mesh MCS

jayex
26th February 2006, 08:33 AM
Hi just received my shiney new grill mesh for my cooper s - , was wondering if anyone here has fitted these before & if it was a simple job as there are no instructions, would not like to go pulling the old ones off then get stuck, was advised when sold them that the bumpers dont have to come off in order to fit:question: looks tight tho :dead:

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2006, 04:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by jayex

Hi just received my shiney new grill mesh for my cooper s - , was wondering if anyone here has fitted these before & if it was a simple job as there are no instructions, would not like to go pulling the old ones off then get stuck, was advised when sold them that the bumpers dont have to come off in order to fit:question: looks tight tho :dead:

I've never fitted them Julie, so can't help you there.. Sorry. I can't imagine it would be too complicated as you don't have spot lamps.:) Pop your bumper up and I bet you'll find retaining clips behind. I may well be teaching my granny to suck eggs here:I. I'm sure you've thouht of that already.:I

jayex
28th February 2006, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the reply, had a wee look yesterday - back ones look pretty easy, but looks like i will have to remove the bottom skirt from the bumper at the front - trouble is it won't stay dry long enough for me to have a proper look 8)................ patience.......... :sleepy: will just have to wait for a half decent day :cool: thanks again :)

Wul
28th February 2006, 04:35 AM
If you've got AC then i'd imagine it'll be a knuckle skinning exercise from the top! :eek:

ajamesj
28th February 2006, 06:30 PM
Can we see some pics once its done fancy this for my Mini

Andy

jayex
1st March 2006, 06:39 AM
Yip no problem, will get some pics up when the grills have been done, hopefully that will be soon :D:p:D... seen it on a few other minis and it looked good - so cant wait :cool:

ajamesj
8th March 2006, 05:02 AM
Hows your Mini looking any pics yet

Andy

jayex
8th March 2006, 08:35 PM
Hi Andy, yeh got it done at the weekend :cool:, total pain in the a*** but it was well worth it :D - looks really good ( i think ) managed to get them on without taking bumbers off, the back ones were easy, but the front was hand braking stuff :disapprove:, would have been quiker just to take the front bumper off :I, will get some pics up ASAP for you - wee eck is manky the now cause of weather so will wait till he is all shiney and braw again :)(praying for a nice day at the weekend :approve: ) cheers, Julie

jayex
19th March 2006, 06:40 AM
http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/7479d9d04e.jpg

http://www.photo-host.info/uploads/47b78d52d9.jpg

Here are the pics of the grills, i'm well chuffed :D, car got a good clean today ready for the Keilder run 2moro :cool:

Craig
19th March 2006, 04:35 PM
Very Nice - will see your car a little bit later today....:D

ajamesj
20th March 2006, 04:29 AM
That looks good might have to get a set for mine

Andy