PDA

View Full Version : getting done for using mobile

j mac
22nd February 2006, 05:34 AM
if you get done for this do u get 3 points??:mad:

sleepyrascal
22nd February 2006, 05:39 AM
rightly so in my opinion. Althought I wish they could guage the stupidness of each individual person before dishing out points. I still occasionally answer my phone when im driving if its important, but i make a point of saying "be quick im driving" and hang up within a few seconds. I know that doesnt make it any less dangerous, but what I hate is people who either overtake me on the dueller talking on their phone (and im no slouch on the dueller) or people dithering around town because they are on the phone. I HATE DITHERERS!!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

j mac
22nd February 2006, 05:42 AM
my hands free kit is permantely glued to my head.... apart from yesterday morn whilst charging the phone it goes of and thought a quick answer wont hurt!!!! all i got was " be quick i'm" ( blue lights!)

rutherglens finest were soon flashing me, got a 30 fine but was unsure if i get points?

sleepyrascal
22nd February 2006, 05:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by j mac

my hands free kit is permantely glued to my head.... apart from yesterday morn whilst charging the phone it goes of and thought a quick answer wont hurt!!!! all i got was " be quick i'm" ( blue lights!)

rutherglens finest were soon flashing me, got a 30 fine but was unsure if i get points?

DAM! See that kinda sucks!! You wont get three points for that surely!! Although the cops do hate mob phones these days.

Big Col
22nd February 2006, 05:47 AM
No points mate. There's just the fixed penalty fine, although there are plans to change that and make it endorsable and increase the fine to £60.

j mac
22nd February 2006, 05:48 AM
tell u the truth they were brand new, never gave me grief just a laugh that my kit was on the passenger seat, then went into a convo about the mcs and how fast they are.......

I said i knew NOTHING about its performance 70 is plenty i lied... sorry replied!

Mini Martyn
22nd February 2006, 06:17 PM
I have to say that the old police do like the Mini Cooper S, well in my experience every time i got pulled all they did was talk about the car!! :D:D

Start Moaning

As for people that drive with a mobile up to their ear, get a hands free kit!!! Their is nothing i hate more than seeing some tit in a Porsche, Range Rover or any thing else flashy and they cant even afford the handsfree kit to go with it!! And then when you peep at them for cutting you up and they look at you like you have done some thing wrong!! :evil::evil:

Moaning Over

I Want A Works
22nd February 2006, 09:28 PM
Slightly off topic but..............

.....The head man on the site where I work sent out an email just the law got taken in (Dec 2004?) saying that anyone seen driving on sht site using a mobile phone would get their privledge for driving on site removed, reported to their management etc etc etc etc.......

....1 week later, he was spotted driving about the site, phone slapped to his ear talking away:evil:

monkimagic
23rd February 2006, 02:40 AM
I should stay away from this post, I ****ing hate Mobile phones and driving. I have done the following to people who drive while using phones
stepped onto the road while someone was on their phone, scared the sh*t out of them.
Let someone pull in, front of me then closed the gap so they are stuck on the road blocking it.
Always blare my horn and on all occasions gestured they are ******s for using the phone.;)

It annoys me soooo much, I know I must get over this, but I feel I must let them know I am not happy:mad:

Sweeney
23rd February 2006, 03:34 AM
I don't think points are issued at the mo, infact i believe its at the constable/officers discretion whether to fine you or not.

Although i haven't been caught myself :p

Craig
23rd February 2006, 05:24 AM
you're right sweeney re the discretion, however they have discretion with EVERY traffic offence, however you rarely see it being used. :disapprove::disapprove: They have to pay for their overtime somehow.........:eek::eek::p:approve:

euan
23rd February 2006, 06:10 PM
I saw a police man pull over a woman (who was quite atrractive, it has to be said) in a new CLK last night for using her mobile.

Thing is, why didnt she just order bluetooth when she got the car???

Burple
23rd February 2006, 07:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

I saw a police man pull over a woman (who was quite atrractive, it has to be said) in a new CLK last night for using her mobile.

Thing is, why didnt she just order bluetooth when she got the car???

Because...
Most people who are 'quite attractive' who buy cars like that don't buy them for the amazing range of accessories or gadgets if you follow.

Like that stupid bloody woman on 'It's the Dog or me' the other night who bought one of those little chinese hairless dogs because she wanted a fashion accessory to put in her handbag so she could be just like Paris Hilton. Yes.. the dog was psychotic, because she didn't think she had to train it, and because it was so sociopathic, she was talking about having it put down like she was talking about throwing away an old handbag because it was inconvenient.
These people should be made to drive little safe cars (safe for everyone else on the road that is)... like Neon Orange Metros or something...

:mad::D:D:D:D:p

me? spell not right? that's unpossible..

monkimagic
23rd February 2006, 08:08 PM
quote:
These people should be made to drive little safe cars (afe for everyone else on the road that is)... lie Neon Orange Metros or something...
:mad::D:D:D:D:p

:D:D:cool:

Mini Martyn
23rd February 2006, 08:30 PM
Do you not get a free hands free kit with a new phone anyway?? it might not be the coolest looking thing but its better that than driving with your phone to your ear!! :evil:

euan
23rd February 2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah, usually do these days although they are all the cable ones that make it look like your listening to an MP3 player...

GAJ
23rd February 2006, 10:40 PM
I got a free bluetooth headset with my last phone, it came with car charger and mains charger. It works fine, don't use it though. If anyone is after one give me a shout.

j mac
24th February 2006, 06:04 AM
about 4 yrs ago there was a programme on tv ( some sort of gumball rally ) and damon hill was driving a yellow lambo and was stopped on tower bridge for using his mobile.... he got away with it so maybe u need to be in a flash motor and be famous! and the copper let him away live on tv!

GAJ
24th February 2006, 07:05 AM
4 years ago it wasn't a specific offence.

euan
24th February 2006, 07:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Very true, but doesn't mean they didn't get arsy with you. A guy stopped me while I was in traffic at Waverley station and all I'd done was pick it up and say "Dave, I'll call you back" and hung up! I wasn't even moving. Think he was bitter that I had a mini as it was just not long out. Young guy, think the power had gone to his head. Either that or he was just being a git.

Crombers
24th February 2006, 08:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Young guy, think the power had gone to his head. Either that or he was just being a git.

The latter me thinks :p;)

KAH
24th February 2006, 10:55 PM
I know its always a pain when you eventually get 'Caught' speeding/on the phone etc etc but to say the cops are gits isnt fair.

One of my mates who isnt a cop but works for Strathclyde police sent me the message below.

A POLICE OFFICER SPEAKS
Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out.
I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.
I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical.
Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out.
From birth, you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman, if they do anything bad I'll take them away, then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional
enemy... the criminal!
You accuse me of going too easy on criminals..until I catch your kids doing wrong.
You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a lazy for having one cup.
You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You go mental with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.
You know all the traffic laws...but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.
You shout "IDIOT" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back.
You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to
take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law and telling me how to do my job.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

The Author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State Police. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the article......

AS A SALUTE TO THE MILLIONS OF POLICE OFFICERS WHO PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FOR MR AND MRS CITIZEN EVERYDAY

Apart from the coffee break part (I would asume that most cops would have more than one cup of coffee a day!!) he had a point

euan
25th February 2006, 12:28 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think that article is fair, however this guy had a real attitude problem.

Burple
25th February 2006, 01:12 AM
Yip.. I've got to agree... except for the Traffic guys.. and in particular this part:

quote:
You have no use for me at all,
>> but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your
wife,

yeah.. one night after we'd been out in the student union (3 of us), we came back to my Ex's car to discover someone had let down 3 of her tyres. It was dark, and getting pretty late (early?) we tried to jack up the car.. the jack went through the floor. so we managed to flag down a passing traffic car, and asked them ever so nicely if they could spare 5 minutes to help us either lift the car, or help remove at least 2 of the wheels so we could nip to the garage to blow them up... and try to get em back on.. the response. A flat no. Not even to chuck the wheels in the back of the car and helping us across to the garage with them. But they had plenty of time to sit in their nice cosy car and watch us struggling to get it done.

Don't get me wrong, most of the time they do a great job, and to most of us that's invisible. When we *do* see them, it's usually through some negative aspect of our lives and for that moment we only see the skewed perspective that they're the narky figure of authority..

The law is the law, and if they catch you breaking it, you get done. End of. Many's the time I've seen some idiot doing something outrageously stupid and had the thought " where the f*** are the Police when idiots like this are around", but it'll never do any good to get worked up about it. Now I just hope to be around to watch karma catch up with them!

;):cool::D:D

On another note about 3 points or not, what would you rather have? 3 points on your licence because they stopped you breaking the law?

Or someone's child through your windscreen after you've looked away from the road to answer your phone:question:

euan
25th February 2006, 02:16 AM
OK, my story was from before it was illegal, and I was stopped. I don't use the blooming thing now, but if I have to I use the handsfree car kit.

As for the fine, I think it's a fair cop to get done if you break the law.

monkimagic
25th February 2006, 02:59 AM
quote:

On another note about 3 points or not, what would you rather have? 3 points on your licence because they stopped you breaking the law?

Or someone's child through your windscreen after you've looked away from the road to answer your phone:question:

To some that my seem melodramatic, but its a fact

j mac
25th February 2006, 06:16 AM
i was listening to 5live today and they had someone on froma road safety group saying that even using hand free kits still keeps your concentration from the road as your not focused on being alert, something i'm sure weve all done is when your driving and on the phone ( hands free ) you suddenly realise you have not remebered the last 2-3 minutes of driving... well i do sometimes.

any way this group recommend u switch of your phone when driving, i did, put it on when i reached banbury driving from kensington.... 14 messages!! all urgent of course but it was 1750 and the office was shut so it will need to wait till monday, that might even be wednesday all depending on the rugby.

monkimagic
25th February 2006, 08:18 AM

i was listening to 5live

:I

j mac
26th February 2006, 04:29 AM
cheers monki ,,it can get a little boring doing 1500 miles a week so 5 live is sometimes a little relaxing when ur stuck on the biggest car park in the uk ( m25 ):disapprove:

j mac
26th February 2006, 04:33 AM
i'll try and stick to R 1, maybe 2 if i get bored:):)

euan
26th February 2006, 09:10 PM
The M25 sucks big style - I can get up to the customer in Worcester in an hour and half once I'm on the M40, but it can take me an hour and half to get there from mine!

j mac
27th February 2006, 03:25 AM
two weeks ago i had a meeting in london and left on a friday at 4pm, it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to jct 7 m1 and thats were the fun starts, its a bloody nightmare!

i sometimes take that luton train link but its a hassle not having your motor.

monkimagic
27th February 2006, 03:54 AM

cheers monki ,,it can get a little boring doing 1500 miles a week so 5 live is sometimes a little relaxing when ur stuck on the biggest car park in the uk ( m25 ):disapprove:

5 live could make a tedious journey a suicidal trip, Radio 1 is where its at.......all the kids are doing it :p

j mac
27th February 2006, 06:10 AM
radio 1 is spot on well chris moyles is so in the morn thats always always on but the rest of them can drive u mad especially mills apart from his nemesis ( the scot ) in the pizza shop which is the best thing on radio.

duncan
27th February 2006, 06:20 AM
Radio 1 can be tedious as hell. The Playlist is far too repetitive. And when you work for 12 hours, and have heard the same track 3 or 4 times a day very boring.

Moyles can be funny, but shouting at people, and being condesending isnt good radio.
Jo Wiley is too much of a brownnose to the guests she has on, and plays some dire music.
Colin and Edith are fine.
Mills is better than he used to be.

The best days on R1 are the 10 hour take overs, and last week when they were playing the best British music for the Brits.

Noting wrong with 5 Live. My clock radio is tuned to it, so I can get the news in the morning, before getting out of bed.

Burple
27th February 2006, 08:03 AM
quote:

To some that my seem melodramatic, but its a fact

Melodramatic??

Moi?? ;);):D:D:p:I:clown:

Big Col
27th February 2006, 05:39 PM
I FCUKING HATE SCOTT MILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAJ
27th February 2006, 05:48 PM
SECONDED!

6 Music is the way to go.

monkimagic
27th February 2006, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Radio 1 can be tedious as hell. The Playlist is far too repetitive. And when you work for 12 hours, and have heard the same track 3 or 4 times a day very boring.

Moyles can be funny, but shouting at people, and being condesending isnt good radio.
Jo Wiley is too much of a brownnose to the guests she has on, and plays some dire music.
Colin and Edith are fine.
Mills is better than he used to be.

The best days on R1 are the 10 hour take overs, and last week when they were playing the best British music for the Brits.

Noting wrong with 5 Live. My clock radio is tuned to it, so I can get the news in the morning, before getting out of bed.

Chris Moyles: Funniest DJ around, just now:D

Jo Wiley : sexiest voice ever:I

Colin & Edith : Unbearable, nothing but playground innuendos:dead:

Scott Mills : Most inventive of all:p

Zane Lowe : Very cool music, not enough people listen though as its late evening:cool:

Rock on ;)

Moonshine
27th February 2006, 09:19 PM
i'm afraid its Radio 2 for me...Tel in the morning and Johnny Walker at night - great listening!!

Gerry

euan
27th February 2006, 10:09 PM
Zane Lowe plays some great stuff but your right, it's an awkward time. I'm usually in the kitchen then so I get to listen while sorting out dinner, but my other half hates some of the stuff he plays and suggests something else. Nightmare.

Scott Mills is a nightmare, would be really happy if he left to work for Virgin or someone like that. Moyles makes me laugh with some of the stuff he does, makes the M25 bearable.

Burple
27th February 2006, 11:41 PM
quote:

Jo Wiley : sexiest voice ever:I

Met the lovely Ms Wiley at Leeds Festival in 2004 in the VIP area.

Wowsers! Aarrroooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Hubba Hubba! <pant pant> :p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D

..and a very pleasant celebrity she was to chat to as well! :D

Moyles was there too, with Colin Murray and Comedy Dave. seem like a fun bunch to be around :)

Bumped into - and got me pic taken with Howard Marks too. That's one seriously cool and down to earth guy :D:cool: