PDA

View Full Version : I know I should know this but.....

I Want A Works
22nd February 2006, 05:00 AM
I got mu new pc yesterday (Athalon 64 3000 with 512 of Ram and 200Gb HD before anyone asks) and I have installed my *ahem*VERSION*ahen* of Win XP on it, but I canna mind how to do one stupid little thing......

......when I click on a link in explorer that opens a new window, it opens in a small window (about 1/4 size of the full 1152x864 display). How do I get it to open full screen?

Ta

N12 JLK
22nd February 2006, 05:21 AM
Craigd this ones for you to solve!

sleepyrascal
22nd February 2006, 05:44 AM
in IE if you go to 'tools' 'tinternet options' 'advanced' look for the section called 'browsing' in the list. Then check to see if 'reuse window for launching shortcuts' is selected. If not, select it.

Not entirely sure if this will solve your issue, but worth a try.

Burple
22nd February 2006, 06:31 PM
Then go Here (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/) and download Firefox, install it and throw 'Binternet Explorer' in the bin! :D:D

Craig
22nd February 2006, 07:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Then go Here (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/) and download Firefox, install it and throw 'Binternet Explorer' in the bin! :D:D

booooooooooooooo keep it IE - long live IE!! :D:D

euan
22nd February 2006, 07:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

booooooooooooooo keep it IE - long live IE!! :D:D

Bin it!!! Useless software!

Also, if you come across websites that Firefox isn't compatible with, Opera always is ;)

I Want A Works
22nd February 2006, 09:23 PM
Would you believe that 5 mins after posting last night it started to work as i wanted, without me doing anything to it!:I Blooming MS stuff

And the thing u suggested sleepy, that box was already ticked, from what I can see, but who knows, maybe the mystery mouse clicker did it when I wasn't looking!

And as regards the Firefox/IE debate, I have both installed on my machine, I just like using IE cos.......
1) The website I have for my disco was designed to use IE and don't show all the stuff I have on it if I use Firefox
2) It annoy's my brother who is a computer mut who insists that Firefox is the best thing since Linex Mandrake V7.0 (yup he is sad):D

GAJ
22nd February 2006, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works
And as regards the Firefox/IE debate, I have both installed on my machine, I just like using IE cos.......
1) The website I have for my disco was designed to use IE and don't show all the stuff I have on it if I use Firefox

Time to fix your website then. . .

sh@z
23rd February 2006, 01:35 AM
Get Firefox, and then get the "IE Tab" extension for it, which lets you open up any pages that don't show up properly in Firefox using the IE engine (but still within firefox) and you will never need to open up Internet Explorer again :D