PDA

View Full Version : GOT ME ANOTHER MINI

ianking
21st February 2006, 09:28 PM
Finally after going through my little funny spell of driving a 1 series i have bought another mini. Minime is some salesman. Should be on the road with a cooper in a couple of weeks I think. Looking forward to my 1st newminiscotland run in about a year with the run on the 19th march.

Ian

Wul
21st February 2006, 09:31 PM
Good show Ian - it's good to be back in the fold!

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2006, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

Finally after going through my little funny spell of driving a 1 series i have bought another mini. Minime is some salesman. Should be on the road with a cooper in a couple of weeks I think. Looking forward to my 1st newminiscotland run in about a year with the run on the 19th march.

Ian

:approve::approve::approve:

Crombers
21st February 2006, 09:39 PM
Well done sir :approve: bet you'll be gutted to see the back of that 1 series :dead:

ianking
21st February 2006, 09:48 PM
The 1 series was super quick and economical being a 120D sport but im only 23 and insurance was mental. I will miss the bluetooth and leather as well as i never got them on the mini. only half leather in the cooper. Still its much better to have a mini I think.

T6 KFR
21st February 2006, 09:52 PM
Series 1 - I thought were very nice..however after being in one last week , I quickly changed my mind. To dull inside for my taste..unless you spend £££££££££££

Good to see you back with the mini's.

ianking
21st February 2006, 09:54 PM
unfortunately i did spend big bucks on the 1 series and have not got any of it back. i had most of the options except the sat nav.

Scottie
21st February 2006, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Series 1 - I thought were very nice..however after being in one last week , I quickly changed my mind. To dull inside for my taste..unless you spend £££££££££££

Good to see you back with the mini's.

am saying nothing about what I spent on my 1'er :I:I but have no regrets love the car plus it costs me less to insure and run the 1'er than the mini.

HOWEVER anyone that thinks Mini hold their value are sticking their head in the sands they are no better and no worse than most cars on my Black Cooper S that I will have had for 1 year due to trade for the GP expected trade offer so far £14,000.00 that's a loss of £5000.00. on my last 1'er what with the discount that I got at time of purchase then the trade in value I got lost £1600.00 after 6 months so that would be £3200.00 after 1 year so I'm loosing more on my Mini:(

It's about time BMW started to offer discounts on Mini they have the upper hand and it's just not right. It is the only car I've never had a discount on.

P.S. Minime don't say a word I had to fright you into the eventual hopefully agree trade figure yesterday;):p after that dismall first offer;):)

Craig
21st February 2006, 10:11 PM
welcome back Ian,:D:D:D see you on the 19th march. Make sure you get something free off Iain at Menzies - he does that for all his customers... ;)

Craig
21st February 2006, 10:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

on my Black Cooper S that I will have had for 1 year due to trade for the GP expected trade offer so far £14,000.00

I'm sure we can do better than that..... ;)

ianking
21st February 2006, 10:12 PM
My 1 series is 16 months old and was £25.5 new and i got £15.5 back for it with 21k on the clock. My last mini was 28 months old with 30k on clock and i only lost £2000

Scottie
21st February 2006, 10:20 PM

My 1 series is 16 months old and was £25.5 new and i got £15.5 back for it with 21k on the clock. My last mini was 28 months old with 30k on clock and i only lost £2000

just shows you how times have changed then I have managed to get a better deal but that was the first figure offered to me for the Mini.

In gneral I tend to spec my cars up a bit:I but on the black cooper s it's standard got a few CF bits inside but they will be coming off unless the new owners does a deal with me so was kinda hoping only to loose 2k.

h'mmm so I should be looking for 17k for her

Scottie
21st February 2006, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

on my Black Cooper S that I will have had for 1 year due to trade for the GP expected trade offer so far £14,000.00

I'm sure we can do better than that..... ;)

I just knew you eyes would light up a that.;):p

Mini Me
21st February 2006, 10:54 PM

[quote]P.S. Minime don't say a word I had to fright you into the eventual hopefully agree trade figure yesterday;):p after that dismall first offer;):)

Dind Ding, round 2 !!:eek::blackeye::p:D

Mini Me
21st February 2006, 10:56 PM

Minime is some salesman.
Ian

Oh aint that the truth !!!!!:D:I

KenL
21st February 2006, 11:33 PM

My 1 series is 16 months old and was £25.5 new and i got £15.5 back for it with 21k on the clock.

BIG ouch :eek::blackeye::mad:

Options are obviously a total waste of money. Apart from, that is, to the salesman who sells you them in the first place and re-inflates the price of the car when they sell it on again. :disapprove:

Big Col
21st February 2006, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Minime is some salesman.
Ian

Oh aint that the truth !!!!!:D:I
Watch out, there's un happy dealer watching,who can kiss my.......:eek::blackeye::evil:;)

Hmmm...after stealing a sale from them in the Liquid Yellow thread who wants to make a bet with me who the lurking cowardly dealer (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6846&whichpage=1) is? ;)

Burple
22nd February 2006, 01:11 AM
quote:

Hmmm...after stealing a sale from them in the Liquid Yellow thread who wants to make a bet with me who the lurking cowardly dealer (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6846&whichpage=1) is? ;)

Well if they ain't prepared to treat us like proper customers, and (unlike others) try their best to actually satisfy the customer, rather than bully us into buying the less than perfect specimen just cos it's a sale for them, then I'm all for the guy who goes out of his way to try to get us the car we want in the spec we want. :D <phew>

Sales*person* ;) + Mini = Customer - Cash is not always the way it works, and the sooner these guys learn proper way to keep customers, the better for everyone involved.

So.. what is the real reason for them complaining about our salesmonkey?
Is it because they're jealous he got in here first with the right attitude?
Or is it because they know fine well they could source EXACTLY the same cars, but they just can't be bothered to get off their arses and work for it?
The prestige of being (in essence) a rep for a high end car manufacturer is worth bugger all if you treat your sole means of cash flow like some dodgy back alley garage :p

They can stick it up their.....face!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

N12 JLK
22nd February 2006, 03:40 AM
I know he gets slagged of a wee tiny bit here but the broon myster has got to be one of the best salesmen ive dealt with. Have bought 2 cars from him now and came up trumps on those, now I want to buy another one (lesley doesnt) and i know he will try his hardest to get what i want (needs to be one with an anchor though);)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 05:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

I know he gets slagged of a wee tiny bit here but the broon myster has got to be one of the best salesmen ive dealt with. Have bought 2 cars from him now and came up trumps on those, now I want to buy another one (lesley doesnt) and i know he will try his hardest to get what i want (needs to be one with an anchor though);)

GP:question: MCSa:question: MCS JCW:question: MCSa with JCW:question: Go on then.... tell us....

N12 JLK
22nd February 2006, 05:47 AM
I would like from santa (Ian) a orange cooper convertable with orange aero side skirts and a nice viper strip on it. How's that Andyp

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 06:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

I would like from santa (Ian) a orange cooper convertable with orange aero side skirts and a nice viper strip on it. How's that Andyp

Orange:question::eek:

Orange:question::eek:

Really:question::I

Hot orange:question::I:eek:

Hmmmm. OK.:I

ianking
22nd February 2006, 06:58 AM
i thought Broon was good to deal with and more importantly gave me the most money for my trade in. It would have been the 5th car that i ad bought from Eastern and from the same salesman but they just presumed i would say yes to them. They just didnt impress me this time. Dunedin Selkirk are a bit slow and Dunedin Edinburgh wouldnt even talk to me when i walked in until i said to them that i would like to purchase my 4th mini. At that point they sat me down. However Broon was very welcoming and let me go outside and play in his cars on my own in a no pressure atmosphere so that i could make my own mind up.

Scottie
22nd February 2006, 07:00 AM

i thought Broon was good to deal with and more importantly gave me the most money for my trade in. It would have been the 5th car that i ad bought from Eastern and from the same salesman but they just presumed i would say yes to them. They just didnt impress me this time. Dunedin Selkirk are a bit slow and Dunedin Edinburgh wouldnt even talk to me when i walked in until i said to them that i would like to purchase my 4th mini. At that point they sat me down. However Broon was very welcoming and let me go outside and play in his cars on my own in a no pressure atmosphere so that i could make my own mind up.

aye it's all that proactive training he gets from Macrae and Dick:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2006, 07:15 AM
I just don't understand why (some) dealers become so incredibly complacent after a couple of deals.:mad::mad::mad:

Mr Broon knows I'm a good friend of one of the salesmen in Dunedin Selkirk, and Ian's post above about being slow (presumably not returning calls and exhibiting a general lack of enthusiasm for doing a deal) is spot on! When we bought our X5 we virtually had to sit him down, stare him in the face and say "We want that car in your show room. Please sell us it!!!" At which point he got the message. This is really hard to write 'cos he is a good friend.:I:I He's just either lazy or complacent.:mad::mad::mad:

Scottiecoop - Sometimes you so sharp I worry you'll cut the inside of your mouth one day.:D;)

Big Col
22nd February 2006, 07:35 AM
LOL! Didn't look all that hard to write mate. Who needs enemies eh? ;):p:D:clown:

Scottie
22nd February 2006, 07:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Scottiecoop - Sometimes you so sharp I worry you'll cut the inside of your mouth one day.:D;)

I know:I:p hey at least calterdon top up my washer bottle for free:cool: