PDA

View Full Version : MP3 question

Scottie
20th February 2006, 07:51 AM
Allan has a CD player in his car that can play MP3 disc things.

How should I create a MP3 disc

how do I download

what site is best to use

then is it a case of burning to a CD should it be a special CD.

I burned music from my itunes to a cd but only got 15 songs onto the cd so obviously I'm totally missing the point in what to do.

Any help and what best sites to use would be helpful as we have no idea.

sh@z
20th February 2006, 08:10 AM
Download from the internet, Napster and itunes are your best way to do wt without breaking any laws.

They way to burn them to a disc, in the program you use to burn a cd, pick a data cd, NOT AN AUDIO CD, as this will convert the songs so you can play them on a hifi etc and limit you to around 15-20 songs a CD.

If you do it as a data cd, it burns them from your pc to the cd without changing anything, and keeping them as mp3's, and now you should be able to get a LOT onto a cd, and the headunit should pick them up (and display track names if it supports id3 tags)

Hope this helps.

duncan
20th February 2006, 08:14 AM
The music you download from legal music sites aren't MP3 files. ITunes is some Apple format, while the likes of Tesco, MSN, and many others are generally .wma

The MINI head unit that plays "MP3" tracks can also play wma files (I think).

I can't recommend a download site personally, (I prefer buying a disc), although, I know people who use Tescos, and haven't had any bad things to say about them.

You can take almost any regular CD from a music store, and rip the music to MP3 file format using the likes of MusicMatch (www.musicmatch.com) and then burn the MP3 files to a black CD.

To do that, you can use the likes of Nero burning software, or if running Windows XP, just put the blank CD in the CD Burner, and drag the files to it.

Mini Me
20th February 2006, 08:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Allan has a CD player in his car that can play MP3 disc things.

How should I create a MP3 disc

how do I download

what site is best to use

then is it a case of burning to a CD should it be a special CD.

I burned music from my itunes to a cd but only got 15 songs onto the cd so obviously I'm totally missing the point in what to do.

Any help and what best sites to use would be helpful as we have no idea.

I use sony sonic stage 4, works a treat :D

sh@z
20th February 2006, 08:38 AM
Yeah, most mp3 players will play wma (recent ones anyway), i ripped my music from cd's using a converter that converted to mp3, have never bought an mp3 online so i wasnt too sure.

But as for burning to cd, i use Nero and burn as a data cd, or i did when i had my mini and mp3 headunit, not i have an ipod connector to hook upto car in the rx8 :cool:

Mark R
20th February 2006, 08:53 AM
If you use iTunes to buy your music or import your CDs then you can create a playlist by dragging tracks you want in it into the source list on the left. Once you have them all in a playlist click burn CD in the top right. Before that though click preferences in the menu and then advanced and burning. Select the MP3 CD option.

That will burn you an MP3 CD which should be compatible with you CD player and will even work for songs purchased from iTunes which are originally in the FairPlay Protected AAC format.

The Bull
20th February 2006, 10:18 AM
You could always try Limewire.....:p

GAJ
20th February 2006, 05:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by picklehammer

. . . for downloading copyright-free tracks only. I am sure you wouldn't advocate breaking the law.

Scottie
20th February 2006, 07:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mark R

If you use iTunes to buy your music or import your CDs then you can create a playlist by dragging tracks you want in it into the source list on the left. Once you have them all in a playlist click burn CD in the top right. Before that though click preferences in the menu and then advanced and burning. Select the MP3 CD option.

That will burn you an MP3 CD which should be compatible with you CD player and will even work for songs purchased from iTunes which are originally in the FairPlay Protected AAC format.

thanks very much I understand you instruction so this is what I will use.

Sounds like I need to get Nero currently using Alochol 120% but only on a free trail.

Wul
20th February 2006, 07:34 PM
Fiona - Nero works well as you can keep the albums in their folders so the headunit will display the album name - If i remember right iTunes burns the tracks without any folder structure which makes it a bit more awkward navigating through the albums.

Burple
20th February 2006, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Mark R

thanks very much I understand you instruction so this is what I will use.

Sounds like I need to get Nero currently using Alochol 120% but only on a free trail.

Hey Fi.. If you need Nero... give me a quick PM or email ;)

Scottie
20th February 2006, 08:54 PM
pm sent.

Big Col
20th February 2006, 09:03 PM
coughsendittomybtinternetaccountoopleasematecough

The Bull
20th February 2006, 09:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by picklehammer

. . . for downloading copyright-free tracks only. I am sure you wouldn't advocate breaking the law.

Ah-herm...cough. Of course, that's what I was meaning. :)

Burple
20th February 2006, 10:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
coughsendittomybtinternetaccountoopleasematecough

And how exactly should I send the CD to that address? ;);):p:p:p

Big Col
20th February 2006, 11:56 PM
No don't do that mate! Software piracy is theft and I don't condone that!!!;)

Cheers Wul

Wul
21st February 2006, 01:24 AM
might be an idea to go back and edit your posts now guys!! ;)

Big Col
21st February 2006, 03:27 AM
Eh?

Wul
21st February 2006, 04:26 AM
Don't really want to draw attention to yourselves if the software police are watching!:clown:

Burple
21st February 2006, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

No don't do that mate! Software piracy is theft and I don't condone that!!!;)

Cheers Wul

Well it would be naughty piracy if it was a copied disk... This is a spare legal copy...

:p:p

Big Col
21st February 2006, 07:38 PM
So shaddap ya interfering buffer! :D

Wul
21st February 2006, 09:41 PM
Last time i offer you plebs some advice! :clown::p