PDA

View Full Version : Software SatNav question

Scottie
17th February 2006, 07:52 AM
If I have one version of software in my BMW that had V27 say could I download the software and then upload on to my X.

Anyone know.

MartinSullivan
17th February 2006, 05:12 PM
No I dont think you can - you can get the V27 software from various BMW forums and burn the disk and load it that way though

Scottie
18th February 2006, 05:26 AM
Martin I have sitting on my C drive a "patch" to the V26 operating system for the MkIV Nav Drive. This is NOT a complete reload of the OS, rather it a beta release of software that will take an existing version of V26 and patch it to version V26.09A. You MUST already be on V26 for this to work, and this only applies to a MkIV nav drive.

Best bit is the birds eye view it's now been well tested and most folks have reported back to having no gremlins since upload.

It's seems BMW will not be doing any more work to upgrade V26.

This is all gobblygook (spelling??) to me but seems to be whats required for my X5

only thing is I have no idea how to burn to a CD I'm at a loss. HELP!!!

I've downloaded the alcohol 120% and the files. However when I pick the v26-09a then click next it comes up with this message:

Because an unsupported image fiel format is being used,you should manually set the track format,block size and other information. You MUST do this to record the image file!

NOTE: The unsupported image file will be burned/emulated as a ONE-track_only disc. If this image file contains multi-track data,the burned/emulated disc will not be recorded the same as the original disc.

Scottie
19th February 2006, 09:21 AM
as far as i know v27 is not available and BMW will be doing no further work re the "birds eye view" I have downloaded the V26 patch and WOW looking good. However a guy that had a mini tried it on his nav but he has experienced gremlins.

you can see the new views here.
http://www.x5world.com/navigation-system/11458-nav-v26-09a-beta-perspective-view.html.

Just waiting on another file hopefully so we can personalise the welcome screen