PDA

View Full Version : finally

sh@z
29th October 2003, 09:00 AM
Finally my car is back :)...

Picked her up today at 4:45 from glasgow and drove her back to edinburgh ... feels a lot quicker then she used to be.. but i been driving about in a One for 2 weeks now so i guess my view is kinda subjective. So glad to have my car back now and about time.

Thanks to all of NMS for being so good about the whole thing and hope to see you all soon.

Especially Phil, Martyn, and John ... hope u guys wont run next time u see me :).

All the best guys.. and the newminiscotland sticker is still on my car sitting proud :)

sh@z

Gismo
29th October 2003, 04:18 PM
Welcome back on the road Sh@z, all the best and hope you can enjoy your car again :)

Bonnie Scotland

GAJ
29th October 2003, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Finally my car is back :)...

... feels a lot quicker then she used to be...
sh@z

Oh! NO!!!;):clown::clown:

Seriously though, glad you've finally got your car back.:)

macblob
29th October 2003, 08:40 PM
Glad uve got ur car back and all is well :D

weefossy
30th October 2003, 03:05 AM
Welcome back Sh@z. Glad to hear you're all sorted. see you on the next get together.

Linda M
30th October 2003, 06:15 AM
Good news Sh@z :cool: Hope to see you soon.

Mini Martyn
30th October 2003, 07:14 AM
Hey Sh@z, glad to hear youve got your baby back and it feels quicker (the reason for this is they have removed half the engine):D

And it was nice talking to you tonight even though it was the wrong number I called!!?? :clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
30th October 2003, 07:23 AM
Glad you're back on the road again - just remember where the brakes are this time!;)

Mini Martyn
30th October 2003, 10:22 PM
Calum you have Breaks - you dont use them that often then do you? Ive seen you going into corners!!?? :D

john
30th October 2003, 11:58 PM
Who needs brakes?they just slow you down:D

sh@z
31st October 2003, 02:05 AM
oh oh oh oh .... ouch :p

was only a matter of time till someone said that hahaha :I

glad everyone is doing well also ;).. and will see u all soon hopefully...

minidriver#1
31st October 2003, 02:50 AM
hey man, thats great news :) be good to see you behind the wheel again soon :)

Mini Martyn
31st October 2003, 03:13 AM
Yeh KJ but who's wheel?? hehehehe

Willie M
1st November 2003, 04:33 AM
Great to hear you've got your MINI back Sh@z (Linda and I saw it sitting in North Queensferry yesterday, looking good) :cool: See ya soon :)

sh@z
1st November 2003, 04:57 AM
Yeah i was seeing a friend over there... honest.. i dont go there often :p...

Had kindof an incident today...

Sitting in the royal mile, in a huge queue, temp guage went to red... steam coming out all over the place... wat a sight.. pulled over to the side and open the bonnet... ssshhhh steam heh...

Turned out the fuse for the fan on the radiator had blown.. wat a bugger.

Julz
2nd November 2003, 01:58 AM
I have sympathy for you, as that is exactly what happened to me, but mine was caused by something a bit more technical. As long as you get the cylinder head tested straight away, just avoid further damage and get your gaskets replaced, unfortunately, this won't be cheap, but might be covered under warranty, not too sure, but you have a bit of a fight considering the car just came out of a long stay with a mini dealership!!:(

sh@z
2nd November 2003, 03:54 AM
do i need to get all that checked?? really?? cos i turned off as soon as temp rocketed, and all the engine coolant water didnt 'evaporate'... the emergency service guy just told me that i should get coolant level checked and some of the wiring taken a look at (some of it was bare - nothing to do with the rad fan, jus somethign he saw - and said i should get it sorted)... godamnit if my cars away again :/

Any ideas?

wasnt 'that' much steam btw, seemed worse sitting in a traffic queue :p

Julz
2nd November 2003, 04:13 AM
Best to be on the safe side, your dealer should be able to do a 'Sniffer' test, which tests the coolant for any hint of oil contamination. Mine was quite a major overheat and only needed the gaskets replaced, the head was fine, but the test should identify any probs, better to be safe than sorry (again!!):clown:

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2003, 05:03 AM
Defintely get a sniffer test done Sh@z, really not worth the risk of not getting it done. Hope u get it all sorted soon

sh@z
2nd November 2003, 05:14 AM
yeah will get it done on Monday... when the car goes in to get coolant levels etc checked.

DNV122
2nd November 2003, 06:31 AM
Sh@z,

Glad to hear you back up and running, even if only temporarily. (Remember, all bodywork repairs are covered by 3 yr guarantee...)

Send me a picture of the shiny new front.

sh@z
3rd November 2003, 10:25 PM
Just got back from Dunedins...

Good news, everything is fine, coolant levels are fine, oil is fine, etc,

*sigh of relief*

Phil: will get pics once i get a hold of someone's digicam :)